Intel RST/RSTe Drivers (latest: v20.0.0.1038/ v8.5.0.1592)

and the bug shutdown of hard drives, the computer shut down?

A greeting

Just thought I’d post what the problem ended up being. You were right it had nothing to do with RST driver but was the external Seagate 4TB USB3 drive I had plugged in.

Thanks

Just thought I’d post what the problem ended up being. You were right it had nothing to do with RST driver but was the external Seagate 4TB USB3 drive I had plugged in.

Thanks for your feedback.
It is fine, that you found the reason for your problem and were able to solve it at least.

Anyone remember which version of RST started causing the HDDs to spin-up during shutdown?

I’ve just done a clean install and Windows installs 12.0.1 driver by default, with this driver there is no HDD spin-up during shutdown. Previously I had the newer ones and it had that “problem” and I know I’ve had it for quite awhile now. I’d like to update as far as I can while avoiding that annoyance.

Hi guys,
I just updated my RSTe to the latest official version. I am comming from a 12.x’ish version using a ssd and a hdd on non-raid. However, after updating my windows gave me constant iastorA.sys-related bluescreens. I managed to boot into safe mode and manually roll-backed to an earlier driver (12.5.0.1066) which allowed me to boot into windows again. Checking the device manager I noticed my sdd + hard drives are listed as scsi devices now which has not been the case before updating RSTe. Does anyone have a clue how to fix this issue?
//editt: ok, sorry just forget about the scsi stuff but I am still bothered why the latest RSTe (12.​8.​0.​1016 from intel hp / 12.8.6.1000 from this thtread) give me bsod. Which RST version would recommend for a Intel 6 series chipset (z68 pro3)? controller firrmware is 10.8.0.1303

@pinga :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

If you are not satisfied with the actual Intel RST(e) drivers v12.x.x.xxxx, I recommend to install either the last "conventional" Intel AHCI driver v11.2.0.1006 WHQL (doesn’t have the additional SCSI filter driver) or the RSTe driver v11.7.4.1001 WHQL.

Regards
Fernando

We are talking here: https://communities.intel.com/message/212672 and here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windo…af-45040c7cd918

ALL versions 12.x.x.xxxx fail with windows 8.1.

The only version that does not fail is the windows installed: 12.0.1.1018

With windows 7 does not fail any version. I’m doing very many tests.

@ PeRRo_RoJo:

Thanks for your report.
Please add
a) the chipset of your system,
b) your SSD/HDD configuration,
c) the SATA Controllers, where they are connected and
d) the SATA mode they are running (IDE/AHCI/RAIDinside/outside a RAID array).

My data:
a) Intel® Z77 Express Chipset - Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product…spx?pid=4169#ov
b) x2 SSD M4-CT128M4SSD2 RAID-0
x2 HDDs ST500DM002 RAID-0
x2 HDDs ST3250620AS RAID-0
c) 12.5.0.1066 - 12.8.0.1016 - 12.8.4.1000 - 12.8.6.1000 (oficial of gigabyte: 12.8.0.1016 same as Intel web)
d) RAID0 Mode Created with Orom 11.6.0.1702 & 12.7.0.1936

I’m same person at this post: https://communities.intel.com/message/213062

@ PeRRo_Rojo:

Thanks for your reply and for your interesting test results you have published at Intel’s Support Community Forum.
You have verified undoubtedly, that your shutdown issue is caused by a bug of the Intel RST(e) drivers v12.x.x.xxxx (except the Win8.1 generic v12.0.1.1018) in combination with Windows 8.1, if more than 1 RAID array is connected to the Intel SATA ports.
Meanwhile I posted a comment to your report at Intel’s Support Community. Look >here<.

Hi. I have BSOD randomly on system start. Some messages about iaStorA.sys, or BSOD without message.
Configuration:
Win 8.1 x64
Intel H77 chipset (Gigabyte GA-DS3H)
drive 0: SSD (System)
drive 1: HDD - Raid 1
drive 2: HDD - Raid 1
drive 3: HDD
RST Driver: 12.8.0.1016 (from Gigabyte)
In BIOS storage system switched in RAID mode.
Please help, which version RST Driver I can install for remove BSODs on sys start?

@ brigasu:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

I recommend to install the Intel RST(e) Drivers & Software Set v12.8.6.1000 WHQL.
If this driver update should not solve your problems, I would uninstall the Intel RST Software and “downgrade” the RAID driver to the Win8.1 in-box Intel RST(e) driver v12.0.1.1018. Only disadvantage will be, that you don’t have access to the Intel RST Console.

Good luck!
Fernando

I think i found the culprit for the spindown/spinup at shutdown for my system.
My system is an asrock h77m and i have experienced the same issues as you.
I have Windows 8, driver 12.8.6.1000, orom 12.7.0.1936, system drive is an ssd and i got 4 mechanical drive for data (2 raid0 volumes each with 2 disk).
Only driver not suffering the problem was indeed the windows default one. Disabled hyberfil.sys , moved pagefile… etc… nothing worked. I disabled "Sata Aggessive link management" in bios and the problem is GONE!
Hope this helps.

@ Herrnobiz:

Welcome at Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your important contribution!
Your solution hopefully will help other users to get rid of the spinup/spindown problem while trying to shutdown the computer.

Regards
Fernando

These option it’s available in some Asrock bios.

I don’t find in Gigabyte or Asus

It´s possible that this registry options, fix the problem? How configure?

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/177…-hipm-dipm.html

Hi,
just got a new Asus H81M-A motherboard (Haswell) running with Windows 7 64.
System is running in AHCI mode with a single SSD (Samsung 830) and a larger HDD as data storage.

Should I go for the RST(e) drivers or is it better to use the "legacy" RST ?
I am never going to install a RAID on this system, but the MoBo is very new…

Since none of the "LEGACY" Intel RST drivers natively do support Intel 8-Series Chipset SATA AHCI Controllers, I recommend to install the latest Intel RST(e) drivers v12.8.6.1000 WHQL.

Just wanted to share my appreciation for the great work you have done here. After several hours or searching I finally came across your page and your solution has worked perfectly - so thanks again

@ Happyman:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your contribution.

Please give us the additional information, which one of my various solutions has worked perfectly for you.

Regards
Fernando

New drivers on Intels website

Intel Rapid Storage Technology 12.9.0.1001

f6flpy-x64.zip
f6flpy-x86.zip
SetupRST.exe

Release Notes

The RAID OROM & UEFI version for this release is 12.9.0.2006, the driver and user interface version is 12.9.0.1001