Intel RST/RSTe Drivers (latest: v20.0.0.1038/ v8.6.0.2003)

@Fernando

Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST) Version 16.8.2.1002 WHQL

Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST) Version 15.9.6.1044 WHQL

Is there no information for install driver only?

Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new: 32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI & RAID drivers v15.9.6.1044 WHQL for Win7-10 dated 03/01/2019
  • new: Intel RST(e) Drivers & Software Set v15.9.6.1044 WHQL for Win7-10 dated 03/11/2019
  • new: 32bit Intel RST AHCI & RAID driver v16.8.2.1002 digit. signed by Intel for Win8-10 dated 02/27/2019
  • new: 64bit Intel RST AHCI & RAID driver v16.8.2.1002 WHQL for Win8-10 dated 02/27/2019
  • new: Intel RST(e) Drivers & Software Set v16.8.2.1002 WHQL for Win8-10 dated 03/07/2019

• These drivers are usable with all Windows Operating Systems from Win7 resp. Win8 up. Only the latest Intel Chipsets from 100-Series up (incl. X299) are natively supported by these drivers resp. by these Drivers & Software Sets.
    Thanks to Pacman resp. Station-Drivers for the source package.

Enjoy them!
    Dieter (alias Fernando)

Are you missing the download links to the latest “pure” Intel RST AHCI/RAID drivers (they are now available within the start post) or a guide about how to do the manual installation of a storage driver from within the Device Manager?
    The procedure is the same with all drivers. The only thing the user has to pay attention is, that not the driver of the SATA/NVMe Disk Drive, but the driver of the related AHCI/NVMe/RAID Controller has to be updated. The AHCI Controllers are usually listed within the “IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers” section, whereas the RAID and NVMe Controller is always listed within the “Storage Controllers” section of the Device Manager.

Anybody knows what “autologger” is?

See comparison of 15.2 abd 15.9 iaAHCIC.inf. 15.9 has some “autologger” entry - is it some driver-level spying telemetry?

UPD: Looks like autologger itself is early boot logging subsystem:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows…ologger-session
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums…ogger?forum=wdk
    Also used by telemetry services like DiagTrack.

@Fernando

Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST) Version 17.2.6.1027 WHQL

Update of the start post
    Changelog:

• new:
      • 64bit Intel RST AHCI & RAID drivers v17.2.6.1027 WHQL for Win8-10 x64 dated 03/19/2019
      • Intel RST Drivers & Software Set v17.2.6.1027 for Win8-10 x64 dated 03/25/2019
    Thanks to Pacman resp. Station-Drivers for the source package.

Enjoy it!
    Dieter (alias Fernando)

This is weird…I have been using Intel RST 17.2.0.1009 since they came out and today I downloaded the 64bit Intel RST AHCI & RAID drivers v17.2.6.1027 WHQL …They installed fine on my Asus Z270 Apex and later when I rebooted the PC to windows she froze/locked up after 5 min on the desktop…I shutdown the PC and restarted and windows froze at the spinning circle logo.I tried it again and same thing froze at the spinning windows circle logo…Went into Safe Mode after that ok and rolled back to RST 17.2.0.1009 rebooted to the desktop with no problems…I wonder why the latest v17.2.6.1027 WHQL caused the boot lockup/freeze,and v17.2.0.1009 works fine.I will re-download the 1027 driver and try again to see if it was a corrupted download…

Must of been a corrupted download.I re-downloaded and installed the 17.2.6.1027 rebooted many times and all is fine…

I will do a deeper look into the linked package tomorrow, but as far as I can see today, the big majority of the included drivers are still v5.5.0.1334.

Sorry, I didn’t notice the newer installer (5.5.0.2012). My bad. :frowning:
    Delete

Hi all.
    I hope I’ll not be flogging a dead horse, but I can use some advice and this really looks like the right place to.
    I have a legacy system, still running Windows 7 (amd64), with an Asus H87-Plus motherboard and and Intel 8 Series/C220 SATA AHCI controller. Up until a few weeks ago, or even months, I was running the Intel RST driver + software suite version 14.8.0.1042 and everything was fine: my system worked very well and booted so fast that the Windows 7 splash boot logo did not have time to form in the middle of the screen before the logon screen appeared. Then, for no valid reason other than “because it’s there”, I noticed that there was a version 14.8.16.1063 and I upgraded to it (drivers and companion software).
    The system still runs well, but the new drivers/software (either or both) have instantly caused a +10 seconds delay to my boot sequence (this means that the Windows 7 splash logo has all the time to form in the middle of the screen and glow for 10 seconds before the logon screen appears) and during this delay I can see the optical drive being polled (the led flashes and the heads/rotor move briefly). Admittedly, this is not a major problem but I’d like to restore my system performance as it was before.
    What is the correct and most “clean” procedure to completely replace version 14.8.16.1063 with 14.8.0.1042?
    And while we are there: I have found here a version 14.8.18.1066 that can’t be found on Intel’s web site. Are you aware of any reason why they pulled it?
    Thanks in advance, cheers

@FridayChild :
    Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

I suspect, that your boot delay is caused by the way you have recently installed the Intel RST Drivers & Software Set.
    When you want to replace a complete Intel RST Drivers & Software Set by another version, you have to uninstall the Intel RST Software from within the Control Panel as first step and to reboot, before you can install the desired new Drivers & Software Set.
    For users, who don’t have created an Intel RAID array, I generally recommend to install just the “pure” driver manually from within the Device Manager and not to run the installer of a complete RST Drivers & Software Set.

The Company Intel hasn’t pulled it, it usually doesn’t publish any new driver within its “Download Center”. The simple reason is, that not the chipset manufacturer, but just the mainboard manufacturer is obligated to deliver working drivers to the customers. As long as Intel was a mainboard manufacturer, the users could find the latest drivers at Intel’s “Download Center”, but this ended already a few years ago.

Regards
    Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thanks. So how do I go about uninstalling and reinstalling now?
    I have an “Intel Rapid Storage Technology” entry in my Control Panel/Programs and Features; if I uninstall that and reboot, I understand it will uninstall the companion software but not the driver. Am I correct?
    If, after removing the companion software, the boot delay is still there, I will have to install the older driver; in this case do I just open device manager, select the storage device, click “have disk” and point it to the directory where I’ve extracted the older driver, and it will replace the newer one? Or do I have to first manually remove the newer driver/replace it with the Microsoft stock SATA AHCI driver, reboot, and then install the Intel older driver?

@FridayChild :
    >Here< you can find a short guide about how to manually install or update an Intel AHCI driver.
    It is not recommended to uninstall any of the previously used drivers, before you are going to install another one.
    Don’t try to update the driver, which are used by the devices within the “Disks” section of the Device Manager. The Disk Management is done by the OS itself and the related MS drivers cannot be replaced.

I did what you suggested and it worked. I uninstalled the Intel RST software, I was promted to reboot, upon rebooting the stock Microsoft AHCI SATA controller was installed and all my disks redetected; at which point I ran the setup for the full Intel RST suite v14.8.0.1063 and upon rebooting I noticed the boot time is once again fast as it was before. Looks like this is the best driver version for my system.
    Thanks!

I doubt that. Usually the latest version of a specific Intel RST development branch (here: v14.8) is the best. Intel stops the development of a certain branch not before all known bugs have been fixed. The latest Intel RST Drivers & Software Set of the v14.8 branch is v14.8.18.1066.

I have not tried 14.8.18 but I have tried 14.8.16 and it delays boot. Since 14.8.0 has never had any issue for me and has the fastest boot time, I’m not motivated to try another release. Bear in mind I have a legacy system, and I doubt Intel has thoroughly tested newer releases against this chipset.

@Fernando
    The link for the 32-bit Intel RSTe v15.9 driver leads to v16.