Intel RST/RSTe Drivers (latest: v20.1.0.1015/ v9.0.0.1836)

Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new:
    • 64bit Intel RSTe SATA+sSATA RAID drivers v7.0.0.2286 WHQL for Win8-10 x64 dated 04/20/2020
    • 64bit Intel VROC NVMe RAID driver v7.0.0.2286 WHQL for Win8-10 x64 dated 04/20/2020
    • Intel RSTe RAID Drivers & Software Set v7.0.0.2291 for Win8-10 x64 dated 05/20/2020

Thanks to Pacman resp. Station-Drivers for the source package.

Enjoy it!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Intel RSTe SATA + sSATA AHCI driver v7.x always non available ?

@100PIER :
No, I cannot find any AHCI driver within the Intel RSTe v7.0 series driverpacks.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/memory-and-storage/ssd-software/Windows_VROC_User_Guide.pdf

"New Features Introduced in the Intel VROC 7.0 Release"
"Removal of AHCI mode support"

@nosirrahx

Thanks, this is now officially clear that v7.xx branch wil never do support AHCI mode support, so v6.xx branch is the last one offered for AHCI mode support.

@Fernando

Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST) Version 18.30.0.1135 WHQL

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new:
    • 64bit Intel RST AHCI/RAID/NVMe drivers v18.30.0.1135 WHQL dated 07/17/2020 for Win10 x64 from v1703 up
    • 64bit Intel RST VMD drivers v18.0.0.1135 WHQL dated 07/17/2020 for Win10 x64 from v1703 up
    • Intel RST Drivers & Software Set v18.0.0.1135.5 dated 07/25/2020 for Win10 x64 from v1703 up
Thanks to Pacman resp. Station Drivers for the source package.

Enjoy it!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Intel have added back in support for older chipsets on 18.0.0.1135.5 for raid atleast
unsure about ahci as i havnt tried it

I have been stuck on Intel 12.9.4.1000 since World War II
on the upstairs PC’s Intel Q77 Chipset with Xeon E3 1290 V2 + Intel Q77 with i7 3770
whilst harvesting the drivers for the main pc Z390 with i9 9900KS
I accidently installed the inf and to my shock it is valid for Q77/Z77
Its nice to see a new driver without inf editing for the old girls

Intel RST RAID driver v18.30.0.1135.png

RST Software also works fine

Intel Raid 2.png

@Shonk :
It is interesting, that you got the Intel RST Drivers & Software Set v18.0.0.1135.5 with its Intel RST RAID driver v18.30.0.1135 properly installed and working with your Intel Q77 chipset system.
The question is, whether the brandnew Intel RAID driver v18.30.0.1135 is really better for your system (and not just newer) than the previously used much older one.

It doesnt really matter
as i inserted an nvme orom in the efi
and my os drive is an nvme drive

the raid array and sata drives perform just fine btw

I just checked and
Intel RST 17.9.0.1009 & Intel RST 17.9.2.1013 are also valid for Raid
maybe it has been valid for a while and nobody has noticed

The ahci drivers dont have vid’s and pids for older devices

maybe you should change the first page to point out that raid drivers work on older devices
and that they need further testeing

I cant see it being a problem though
intel have hardly changed the pch since sandybridge

@Shonk :
It is wellknown, that users with an Intel chipset system from ICH8R Southbridge up to 400-Series can install all Intel RST drivers, if the SATA Controller is running in "RAID" mode (due to its uniform external DeviceID DEV_2822), but this does not mean, that the on-board Intel SATA RAID Controllers are fully supported by all these drivers. The much more important, but usually hidden internal DeviceID of the various Intel SATA RAID Controllers is quite different.

Silly question,

Does the v18.30.0.1135 allows you to use intel optane HDD accelaration on x299 chipset?

Thank you.

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new:
    • 64bit Intel RST AHCI/RAID/NVMe drivers v17.9.4.1017 WHQL dated 07/24/2020 for Win8-10 x64
    • Intel RST Drivers & Software Set v17.9.4.1017 dated 08/04/2020 for Win8-10 x64
Thanks to Station Drivers for the source package.

Enjoy it!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@Fernando :
Sorry if I missed something, why did you remove the v17.5.9.140 driver, most recently with full 100-series chipset support?

@wasisdn :
There are at least 2 reasons:
1. Intel has already released and is still releasing many different RST driver versions. Due to the character-limit I cannot offer them all within the start post.
2. The Intel RST drivers v17.5.9.1040 are the latest with native support of 100-Series chipset systems, but according to my own tests not the best for them (look >here<).

I apologize for the following noob questions if they have been answered elsewhere.

I’m looking to install the RST drivers without the accompanying software bundle. So I downloaded the version from here that excludes the software set. However, I’m a bit of a loss how to proceed. The zip contains exe but I suspect those are not setup files. I think I’m supposed to use device manager here but I’m not familiar with the process. Can I please get some pointers? This is for a fresh install of Windows 10. Some added context, I have no use for Raid, Optane, or SSD caching. However, I believe this driver is supposed to include ACHI optimizations that could be beneficial. Is that right?

Edit:
Went ahead and used device manager to manually update one of the controllers. Seems to work fine. However, a second controller remains. When I try to point it at the new download, this time Windows complains that the best drivers have already been installed.

How do I update the second controller as I did the first?

rst driver update.png

Edit 2: Possible answer - I looked up the vendor and device id and the second controller is actually by ASMedia which is probably why it won’t update with the Intel drivers. I would probably need a separate download for those.

Still appreciate if someone more knowledgeable confirms the above.

@please55 :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
You can find the latest ASMedia AHCI drivers >here<.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Is it actually possible to obtain that internal HWID? Is it also possible to know which drivers support those HWIDs?

@ManubrioTenorio :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

Our Forum member CPL0 aka Dufus has compiled in November 2012 a small sized tool named SataID.exe, which is able to read the internal DeviceID of the on-board Intel SATA RAID Controller, but I doubt, that this tool will work with modern Intel chipset systems. The tool is attached.

For old Intel systems it is not possible, because the internal DeviceIDs of the Intel RAID Controller is not mentioned within the related *.INF file. So the only option to find the "matching" RAID driver is to look into the iaAHCI.inf resp.iaAHCIC.inf file and to find out, which Intel chipsets/Southbridges are supported.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

SataID tool compiled by Dufus.rar (44.2 KB)

Hi I’m trying to install >64bit Intel RST AHCI/RAID/NVMe Drivers v18.30.0.1135 WHQL< ( first v18 platform ).
It seems i can’t install it,saying i already have the best driver installed ( Microsoft storage spaces controller default one )

Motherboard: MSI B360 Gaming Plus
Windows: 10 Version 2004

>64bit Intel RST AHCI/RAID/NVMe Drivers v17.9.4.1017 WHQL< I can install it without problems. I just wanted to try the first v18 platform.
Thanks mate.