Intel RST/RSTe Drivers (latest: v20.1.0.1015/ v9.0.0.1836)

Yes!

Not really, but nevertheless I recommend to prevent, that the absolutely unneeded SCSI filter driver iaStorF is permanently running in the background. Minimum should be to check, if you are affected at all by this iaStorF residue issue.

Ok, I did everything according to that text, but in the and as I srote it into that topic I could not see any "ghost" in the device manager (possibly under storage controllers… I do not have that listing in my device manager)

If you want to see the usually hidden devices, you have to hit the "View" option "Show hidden devices".

If you want to see the usually hidden devices, you have to hit the "View" option "Show hidden devices".

I know but there is nothing there that would indicate that the iastorF is still installed…

What should I see there? Storage Controller entry? Nothing like it is there…

OK, the 13.5.x combo gave me the best 4K read and lowest write latency I have ever seen!
The rest is comparable to previous (better IRST-OROM combos) drivers/OROMS (Satadriver in UEFI this time).

24.png

@ MDM:
Thanks for the benchmark test results.

Did you really mean the v13.2 combo?
I ask this, because your benchmark screenshot shows, that you have used the brandnew v13.5 combo.

Then you are obviously not affected by the issue.
As far as I remember it was the usually hidden "PnP Drivers" section of the Device Manager, where the iaStorF.sys was still listed.

Ups! Yes, my fault, I corrected it here and at station-drives.
I meant the 13.5.x series of course…

Getting the following WARNING in Event Viewer -

EventID 129
Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort1, was issued.
Log Name: System
Source: asstor64

Any ideas on this? I know it’s part of the ASMedia SAT driver package, but I’ve never had this happen before (and I’ve been getting a lot of lockups recently)

Current RST(e) version is 13.1.0.1058 - ASMedia driver is 2.0.8.1 (oddly, Win 7 shows the RST under the IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers section, while the ASMedia controllers show up under the Storage Controllers section)

Thanks!

I have no idea regarding the reason for the Event Viewer message. All I know is, that it has nothing to do with the topic of this Intel Drivers thread.

By the way: Have you ever tried to install the newer ASMedia AHCI/RAID driver v2.0.9.1, which you can find >here<?

Going to try installing 2.0.9.1 tonight :slight_smile:

Don’t quite understand why Asus didn’t just go with the Intel SATA ports all around - I’ve seen a lot of posts regarding issues with ASM (same can be said for the USB 3.0 ports). I’d rather pay a couple extra bucks for the better quality Intel ports.

Why does Intel not publish the newest Drivers on their Website?
Is it normally, or do they have Problems with the website?

@Fernando
Here is the latest Intel RST 13.5.0.1056 WHQL drivers to go with the ROM that I posted.

Only Intel is able to answer this question.

It is not easy to understand what you mean. I already knew, that the Intel RST(e) drivers v13.5.0.1056 match the best with the Intel RST(e) ROM v13.5.0.2118.
Neverthess they both do not really match the old Intel chipset of your mainboard.

Intel is developing RSTe (with SCSI filter)and the SATA OROM (with out) from what I can tell as they have the same version number but are different(Both have RAID). And require different drivers for best compatibility I would guess. The OROM that I’m running 11.5.0.1414 is in RAID and was labeled as SATA/OROM not RST or RSTe. Seems that they have changed there naming convention for the RST line or at least that is how it is being labled at stationdrivers.

It is not easy to understand what you mean.
RST and RSTe are different Rapid Storage Technologies (the first for "normal" Intel Chipsets, the second for "Enterprise Edition" systems like X79 and X99). The RST AHCI/RAID drivers (without additional SCSI Filter driver) and the RSTe AHCI/RAID drivers (with additional SCSI Filter Driver) and the related Intel RST/RSTe RAID ROM/EFI SataRaid modules as well belong to the related Technology (RST/RSTe).

All Intel RST drivers and RAID ROM modules from v11.5.x.xxxx up are using an additional SCSI Filter driver named iaStorF.sys (like the RSTe drivers/ROM modules). Nevertheless Intel has named these drivers and RAID ROM/EFI RaidDriver modules RST and not RSTe. This was not a good idea from Intel, because the "real" Intel RST drivers/ROM modules (latest version: 11.2.x.xxxx) work absolutely different from the later ones since v11.5.x.xxxx, because they don’t have an additional SCSI Filter driver.
Is everything clear now?

I think that he confused the terms “driver/s” for the OS and “OROM/UEFIDriver” for the BIOS!

Hi all,

I have problem with RSTe on Windows 2012 R2. When I am trying to open this software after install I have error:

An unknown error occurred while running this application. If the problem persists, please restart your computer or try reinstalling the application.

Motherboard: Supermicro X9DRx±F - with Intel C600
Raid Rom Version: 3.8.0.1029
RSTe Version: 4.1.0.1047

I have downloaded this RSTe from supermicro site.

Can you help me with something?

Sorry for offtopic and thank in advance.

@ drlinux64:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

With which SATA mode (AHCI/RAID) are you running the Intel SATA ports?
If it should be "AHCI", I recommend to uninstall the Intel RSTe Software from within the Control Panel.

Regards
Fernando

Thank you Fernando.

SATA mode in bios set to - RAID Mode

I have 3x1TB Sata HDD

I have created RAID1 with 2 disks from Intel Raid bios and from RSTe I need to set 3nd disk to hotspare. Also I need this softvare for disk monitoring.

I have tried many different version RSTe without result :frowning:

Maybe it will help, when you switch the RAID Controller to RST mode within the BIOS and use the RST RAID ROM and RAID driver v12.9.x.x.xxxx series.