Intel RST/RSTe Drivers (latest: v20.1.0.1015/ v9.0.0.1836)

You cannot expect the “support” to help you out. They only know how to send tickets to the other departments which do not communicate with consumers. Basically Intel has dropped official RST AHCI support for 7-series, you can’t do anything more than that.

Can you please lead me to the "RST documentation thread" or post the link to the OEM Technical Guide itself?

Here you go: https://www.mediafire.com/?m70rsa79ywvtti1

Inside there are multiple RST packages and most of them include oROMs/EFI Drivers, F6 drivers, 1-2 Tools & documentation. There are surely a lot more packages around the web if you know how to look for them. The packages that I found in about an hour of quick google search are these:

3.0.0.3020 (RSTe)

Note: I have deleted all "iata" files to save space (400MB -> 62MB). These are the setup .exe, .zip installers so not important.

I suspect, that you just have uninstalled the Intel RST Software from within the Control Panel, but this action does not uninstall the Intel RST driver!
By the way: I do not recommend to install the Intel RST Software for AHCI users, because they dont benefit from it (it may even drop the performance because of the services, which are running in the background).
If you want to get the Intel RST Software reinstalled, you should make sure, that the .NET Framework 3.5 is already running, before you run the installer of the Intel RST Drivers & Software Set. The MS Software .NET Framework 3.5 is required for the Intel RST Service and Console software.

You are right Fernando i told you that i was tired of see error logs so i uninstalled from CP…i know if it was in use would never ever uninstall that iastor driver…so how i do it now ? I don’t use RAID anymore so if you say that installing will give me less performance no way. So how can i uninstall ? i go over the drives and select uninstall on each ? so it reverts back to windows iastor ?

Thanks a lot
Sergio

There is no Windows generic AHCI driver named iaStor.sys.
If you want to uninstall a driver, you enter the Devce Manager and just right click onto the related device (e.g. "Intel(R) SATA AHCI Controller") and choose "Uninstall". After the next reboot the Windows hardware detection will install the generic driver (e.g. the MS AHCI driver named msahci.sys resp. storahci.sys).

Aaa, forgot to pack 3 more RST stuff. Uploaded new package v2:

3.0.0.3020 (RSTe)

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/m70rsa…r_Dieter_v2.rar

There is no Windows generic AHCI driver named iaStor.sys.
If you want to uninstall a driver, you enter the Devce Manager and just right click onto the related device (e.g. "Intel(R) SATA AHCI Controller") and choose "Uninstall". After the next reboot the Windows hardware detection will install the generic driver (e.g. the MS AHCI driver named msahci.sys resp. storahci.sys).

but you don´t recommend the newest: v13.5.0.1056/v4.1.0.1046 WHQL right ? so wich ones ?

Thanks !!!
Sergio

It is not easy to recommend a special driver for a special chipset without having any own experience with such system.
These are the AHCI drivers I would try and compare:
1. Intel RST v13.1.0.1058 WHQL
2. Intel RSTe v3.8.1.1006 WHQL
3. Intel RSTe v4.1.0.1046 WHQL
The original Intel RST drivers v13.5.0.1056 don’t support your system in AHCI mode. If you want to test this driver, you will have to choose the modded varariant of it (Note: In this case you have to force the installation by using the "Have Disk" button).

Fernando, greetings and many thanks for the informative post. In your opinion, which do you think would be the most appropiate (speed and boot times wise) RSTe and RAID ROM for a system with a Gigabyte Z87X-OC with RAID ROM 12.7.0.1936 set as AHCI in BIOS, IRST 13.2.4.1000 (driver only) and a Samsung 850 PRO 1TB SSD + 3TB ST3000DM001 Seagate hard drive?

Thanks for reading-

@ A_Darkstalker:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Regarding the AHCI driver:
You are already running an Intel AHCI driver version, which has been optimized for Intel 8-Series systems. Since all already vailable and future Intel RST(e) drivers of the v13.x.x.xxxx series do/will fully support the Intel AHCI Controller of your system, I recommend to compare them and then decide yourself, which is the "best" one for your special PC configuration.
Regarding the Legacy/EFI Intel RAID BIOS modules
As long as you are running the Intel SATA Controller in AHCI mode, there is no need to care about the Intel RAID ROM/EFI RaidDriver version of your mainboard BIOS. They will not be used at all by your system.
Nevertheless it may be a good idea to update both RAID modules (LEGACY and EFI) to v13.2.0.2134 or v13.5.0.2164 for the case of a future SATA mode switch to "RAID".

Regards
Fernando

It is not easy to recommend a special driver for a special chipset without having any own experience with such system.
These are the AHCI drivers I would try and compare:
1. Intel RST v13.1.0.1058 WHQL
2. Intel RSTe v3.8.1.1006 WHQL
3. Intel RSTe v4.1.0.1046 WHQL
The original Intel RST drivers v13.5.0.1056 don’t support your system in AHCI mode. If you want to test this driver, you will have to choose the modded varariant of it (Note: In this case you have to force the installation by using the "Have Disk" button).

So weird Fernando i have all net framework installed since 3.5 and above, but every install keeps saying the same…not compatible platform

Please post the HardwareIDs of your currently running Intel SATA AHCI Controller, which is listed within the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" section of the Device Manager (right click onto it > "Properties" > "Details" > "Property" > "HardwareIDs").

Please post the HardwareIDs of your currently running Intel SATA AHCI Controller, which is listed within the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" section of the Device Manager (right click onto it > "Properties" > "Details" > "Property" > "HardwareIDs").

here Fernando

http://imgur.com/QOd2MTR

Wrong device, the AHCI is the one Fernando requested.

What is your exact motherboard model?

@ andressergio:
Yes, you posted the wrong picture.
What I wanted to know is the DeviceID of your Intel SATA AHCI Controller, which is obviously running the generic MS AHCi driver.
The name of the controller is "Controladora ATA de serie AHCI 1.0 estándar".

ASUS Rampage 5 Extreme bro

ASUS Rampage 5 Extreme bro

http://imgur.com/vgd9Akr

sorry Fernando here

http://imgur.com/vgd9Akr

You have an X99 board and to my understanding you are only interested in AHCI not RAID. In this case, truthfully any RST driver is better than the MS one but don’t expect to see any real difference between the former. According to Fernando’s testing at a Z97 system (should be pretty much the same for you) I suggest you try the 13.2 drivers.

Also use edit at your posts to add new info in a sort period of time before someone else replies otherwise there will be a page full of your posts. Just a reminder.

@ andressergio:

Since your system has an "Intel(R) C600+/C220+ series chipset SATA AHCI Controller" (DEV_8D02), you can use one of the following Intel RST/RSTe drivers:
1. Intel RSTe driver v3.8.1.1006 WHQL.
2. Intel RSTe driver v4.1.0.1046 WHQL or
3. Intel RST driver v13.1.0.1058 WHQL.
They all will support your Intel SATA AHCI Controller.
If you want to install any of them, I recommend to do it manually from within the Device Manager. You have to update the driver software of the listed "Controladora ATA de serie AHCI 1.0 estándar".