Intel RST/RSTe Drivers (latest: v20.1.0.1015/ v9.0.0.1836)

@ all:

Update of the start post

Changelog:

• new: 32/64bit Intel RST(e) drivers v14.6.4.1033 WHQL dated 10/10/2015
  • new: Intel RST(e) Drivers & Software Set v14.6.4.1033 WHQL dated 10/23/2015

Notes:
  1. The included AHCI/RAID drivers are WHQL certified by Microsoft and usable with all Windows Operating Systems from Win7 up.
  2. Only Intel 8-, 9-, X99 and 100-Series Chipsets are natively fully supported by these drivers.
  3. Thanks to Pacman resp. Station-Drivers for having published the source package.

Good luck with these new Intel AHCI and RAID drivers!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

EDIT:
Meanwhile I have installed these brandnew Intel RST(e) drivers onto my Z97 and Z68 system (both running in AHCI mode) and tried to do some benchmark tests.
My first impressions:
  • A. Z68 AHCI system (512 GB Samsung 840 Pro running Win10 x64 Pro):
    It was no problem to get the mod+signed variant of these drivers installed, but while rebooting I got a corrupt boot sector. After having repaired it, I was able to boot into the OS again, but it was absolutely unstable.
    So I abdicated of doing any benchmark tests with my Z68 system.
  • B. Z97 AHCI system (1 TB Samsung 850 EVO Pro running Win10 x64 Pro):
    This is what I got with my Z97 AHCI system (1 TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD running Win10 x64 Pro):

Anvil_Z97-AHCI_1TB-Samsung-850-EVO_14641033.png

My evaluation: The performance of these drivers is good, but for my Z97 system there are other Intel RST(e) drivers, which are better (look >here<).

Hi there, i am not sure which one to install in my system

Intel core 2 duo GMA 965 chipset…

HP pavilion DV9500 laptop

Hi messiah!

Those laptops utilize Intel ICH8M southbridge.
Vanilla drivers: 10.1.0.1008
Modded drivers: 11.2.0.1006 - 14.7.0.1000

Try the unmodified 10.1.0.1008 and the modified 11.2.0.1006 and do some benchmarks.
Take the driver with the best performance.

Best Regards,
Mr nUUb

In the list which one must I choose during the installation ?? In my device manager it says 2850

i choose the the ICH8 and i immediately got a BSOD

@ messiah:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

If you want to install any Windows OS from Vista up, there is no need to load any AHCI or RAID driver. Windows has the required SATA driver on-board.

This verifies, that your laptop is running in IDE mode and not in AHCI mode. So you cannot get any Intel RST driver installed, because none of them do support the IDE mode.
Note: It is the Intel(R) ICH8M Ultra ATA Storage Controller, which has the DeviceID DEV_2850. The Intel(R) ICH8M SATA AHCI Controller would have the DeviceID DEV_2829.

You got the BSOD, because you loaded a driver, which is not usable for the Intel(R) ICH8M Ultra ATA Controller of your system.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Zitat von Fernando im Beitrag #1025

This verifies, that your laptop is running in IDE mode and not in AHCI mode. So you cannot get any Intel RST driver installed, because none of them do support the IDE mode.
Note: It is the Intel(R) ICH8M Ultra ATA Storage Controller, which has the DeviceID DEV_2850. The Intel(R) ICH8M SATA AHCI Controller would have the DeviceID DEV_2829.

i am using SSD with Windows 10 10240 . its strange because with software i can see that the AHCI is enabled. THe bios doesnt have options to choose AHCI .

Edit: i found some drivers online and installed them , now it shows 2829, but however when i try to update to yr drivers, i cant. it says it found the drivers but ther eis a problem installing them

EDIT by Fernando: Unneeded parts of the fully quoted text removed (to save space)

Which software has detected, that AHCI is enabled? Can you post a screenshot, which verifies that detection?

Bad consequence for you: You cannot set the onboard Intel SATA Controller to “AHCI” mode.

EDIT:

Which drivers (name and version) did you find and where did you find them?
Which OS are you going to install?
Please give us more informations, if you want help.

ok firstly i am using a lite version of windows ( those modded types found in torrents)
maybe that is a problem but did soething following this guide
http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devi…sable-ahci.html

EDIT by Fernando: Unneeded parts of the fully quoted text removed (to save space)

Zitat von messiah im Beitrag #1028

ok firstly i am using a lite version of windows

Which Windows edition do you mean? There are a lot of different Windows Operating Systems.

We do not support the usage of pirated software.

Off topic: Please stop to fully quote the text of any post!

this is what i have now
system is seems faster now …

it could be that during windows 10 OS installation it may have isntalled the wrong drivers or set to wrong mode and this usally happens after 2nd or 3rd boot

ok now system seems faster after installing the drivers and changing the registry values

Your screenshot shows the version of the related Intel Chipset Device INF file (the installation of the Intel Chipset Device Software was not required at all), but not the name and the version of the real AHCI driver.
Please hit the “Driver Details” button and take a new screenshot.
I suspect, that the real driver is the Win10 in-box MS AHCI driver named STORAHCI.SYS.

here is the details:

DEV_2829 Properties Pic1.png

DEV_2829 Properties Pic2.png

DEV_2829 Properties Pic3.png

note that after doing the registry edit i seem to have better performance

EDIT by Fernando: Screenshots resized (to save space) and directly attached

I asked you for the Driver details and not for the Properties details.

driver details

my problem oculd be that i also have an SSD and HDD installed at the same time

SSD is the boot drive on slot 1
HDD is storage drive on slot 2

AS SSD says storeahci is ok

No, such combination doesn’t induce any problem.

This “OK” given by te AS_SSD tool doesn’t mean the driver, but the SSD alignment.
Although I do not really know how you got your laptop running in AHCI mode, you now are able to replace the currently running MS in-box AHCI driver by an Intel RST AHCI driver, but I am unsure, if this AHCI driver replacement will give you any benefit.

my laptop (2007) model bios is extremely limited. there arent any options to choose much regarding storage except boot order

well i have been running this SSD for 18 months now . and i get the ssd speeds . i didnt notice anything peculiar except now regarding the AHCI drivers… it could be a windows problem though

@ messiah:
If I were you, I wouldn’t change anything now.
Enjoy your old laptop running an SSD in AHCI mode!

the thing is that when i first installed my ssd out of the box 18 months ago the bios can not recognise it…formatted it in win xp pc and inserted again,

my laptop was able to accept it …cloned my old hdd contents to the ssd . then it worked…

hope this helps for newbie ssd

@ kevindd992002:
Do you remember your following posts?

It took some hours of work to do the desired Z68 AHCI benchmark tests within the announced time, but I did it and posted the results on 11/23 (look >here<).
Until now I haven’t seen any reaction from your side, not even a “Thanks”.
To make it clear: I will strongly remember this event, if you should ever ask me again for a favor. I am not even sure, if I will ever do any new benchmark comparison tests. This should be done in the future by one of the current “Leachers”.