Intel RST/RSTe Drivers (latest: v20.1.0.1015/ v9.0.0.1836)

Thanks for response.

I have found this information here ->LINK<-

Some people had the same problem (IOPS around 50-60k) and after installiing newer Intel RST they went to 90k IOPS.

If you want to compare the IOPS numbers of different Intel RST driver versions, you may open >this< page, expand the content of the spoilers and look into the IOPS column of the benchmark results I got by using Anvil’s Storage Utilities.

Maybe off-topic, but Intel has released CLI tools for the v14.8.x.yyyy version :

x86 version
x64 version

Last time, it was for the v13.2.x.yyyy version (public availability I mean), more than 1 year ago, so that’s noticeable (because yes, they are RST version-dependant)
With them you can do all the things doable with the GUI (RAID & SRT) and more, with some extra details in the output. And of course, they are scriptable, which is a nice plus for server-like configuration.

(For reference, rstcli was named raidcfg till v11)

Hi Fernando. Thanks for the great and informative thread. I have a Q45 chipset (ICH10R) motherboard, and currently using the 11.7.4.1001 drivers on a SSD drive with Windows 10. Would there be any downside to using a newer version of the drivers? Did Intel remove support for this chipset from the newer releases, or are they backwards compatible?

@ Bugger Vance:
The latest Intel RST(e) AHCI driver version, which natively fully supports Intel ICH10R SATA AHCI Controllers, is v11.7.4.1001 WHQL.
Nevertheless you can test a newer Intel RST(e) driver, but you will have to use the related mod+signed variant. I generally do not recommend to install any Intel RST(e) driver v14.x.x.xxxx onto any older Intel Chipset system up to 7-Series.

The backwards compatibility is very limited and varies with the different Intel RST/e) driver versions.
The last Intel RST(e) driver, which may properly work with your system, is the mod+signed variant of the v12.9.4.1000.

Are there any known bugs or problems with latest 14.8.0.1042 Intel AHCI with Z170 Chipset?
I am asking, because I can’t get work my Corsair CSSD-F80GBP2 properly. The drive always get to 100 % usage without a reason (no reading, no writing) and gets unusable for many times. But when I switch to standard Microsoft AHCI driver, it works normaly.
I started a Thread at Corsair, but I don’t expect any new answer in my Thread, because they always try to force to find the fault by me, not at the hard- or software.
http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=154872 See post #9.

So I thought you as “AHCI driver” experts might be interested :slight_smile: (and may have a hint)

@ Morku:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

No, but this doesn’t mean, that there aren’t such bugs.
Unfortunately I don’t have any own experience with Intel 100 Series Chipset systems.
Hopefully you will get some feedback from users, who work with an Intel Z170 system running in AHCI mode.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando

Hi all!
I have Asus G74SX laptop with HM65 Express chipset (Intel 6 C200 series from 2011) and I have Intel 320 160GB SSD with Seagate SSHD 750GB.
I was wondering what would be the best Intel RST driver choice for my chipset as I see Intel no longer supports 6 series after v13. Also I’m running Windows 10 Pro x64 with Microsoft Storage Space Controller driver currently. Are there any benefits with Intel RST over MSSC?
I recall back in 2011 when I bought this G74SX Intel RST was pre-installed on my system (Windows 7).

Thanks!

@ Lauda:

The question regarding the “best” AHCI driver for Intel 6-Series Chipset systems has been answered already several times by me. Please read the start posts of >this< and >this< thread.

I don’t know that, because I never used that driver.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hi,
Thanks for the fast reply and welcome. I’ve read all those topics and I came to conclusion that it would be best to use Intel RST v12.9.4.1000 driver version for my chipset series. I rechecked and I currently have “Standard SATA AHCI Controller” installed.
Can anyone tell me if there are any benefits using IRST if I’m not going to use raid feature? So far I have no problems, but if I’m gonna pick up some read/write performance why not.
What’s the procedure for uninstalling IRST as I’m planning to install drivers from this link in case anything goes bad?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,
great topic. I wonder if anyone can help me with this situation. I’ve got Dell PE R730xd server with C610 chipset, and 2 Intel 750 PCIe NVMe drives. As I understand I should be able to install RSTe software and be able to create RAID1 with Intel drives with RST tool. But I can’t install the WHQL RSTe drivers - I’m receiving “This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software.” error. As far as I understand I need only the RSTe tool - I’ve got NVMe drivers installed and the discs are most usable. Anyone can help how to install this RST tool ?

@ NVMeFan:

Since I don’t have any system, which supports the RAID feature for NVMe SSDs, I cannot help you myself.
So you will have to wait for an answer by somebody who knows more.

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@NVMeFan
You should stick with the drivers from the DELL support page.

Thanks, but they don’t offer RSTe drivers. My Intel drives are not from Dell.

@NVMeFan
Write to Dell support and ask them the drivers?

AFAIK you don’t need an Intel RST driver (you may not even be able to install it), but just the Intel RST Console Software.

AFAIK you don’t need an Intel RST driver (you may not even be able to install it), but just the Intel RST Console Software.

Thanks, I think it should do but I can’t find it on Intel site. Can you help ?
I’ve already installed Intel SSD Data Center Tool 2.3.1, in this version it says: Enabled RSTe 4.3 NVMe RAID support

You can find the complete Intel RSTe Drivers & Software Set v4.3.o.1198 WHQL within the start post of this thread.

I tried it before I wrote my first post here. No luck.
I plan to write to Intel and Dell next week, but don’t have much hope :slight_smile:

Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Driver 14.8.1.1043 WHQL

https://www.mediafire.com/?idu8rit5c3283sq

DriverVer= 11/17/2015,14.8.1.1043