Intel RST/RSTe Drivers (latest: v20.1.0.1015/ v9.0.0.1836)

or www.station-drivers.com

@ all:

Update of the start post

Changelog:

• new: 32/64bit Intel RST(e) drivers v14.8.1.1043 WHQL dated 11/17/2015
  • new: Intel RST(e) Drivers & Software Set v14.8.1.1043 WHQL dated 11/25/2015

Notes:
  1. The included AHCI/RAID drivers are WHQL certified by Microsoft and usable with all Windows Operating Systems from Win7 up.
  2. Only Intel 8-, 9-, X99 and 100-Series Chipsets are natively fully supported by these drivers.
  3. Thanks to ex58 and Pacman resp. Station-Drivers for having published the source package.

Good luck with these new Intel AHCI and RAID drivers!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Intel RSTE drivers version 4.3.1.1152
date: 07/14/2015, 4.3.1.1152
Drivers Only.

Update of the start post

Changelog:

• new: 32/64bit Intel RSTe RAID drivers v4.3.1.1152 WHQL for Win7 dated 07/14/2015
  • new: 32/64bit Intel RSTe RAID drivers v4.3.1.1152 WHQL for Win8-10 dated 07/14/2015
  • new: Complete Intel RSTe RAID Drivers v4.3.1.1152 & Software Set v4.3.0.1644 dated 07/31/2015

Notes:
  1. The above mentioned RAID drivers are WHQL certified by Microsoft and usable with all Windows Operating Systems from Win7 up.
  2. Only Intel C600/C600+ Series Chipsets like X79 and X99 running their RAID Controllers in RSTe mode (DEV_2826 resp. DEV_2827) are natively fully supported by these drivers.
  3. Intel SATA AHCI Controllers are not supported at all by these drivers.
  4. Thanks to Pacman resp. Station-Drivers for having published the source package.

Good luck with these new Intel RAID drivers!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Ok so i have one SSD drive for System and second one Seagate for other things like games ST3000DM001
Using AHCI and Windows 7 64 bit and Z97 Motherboard Asus Pro-gamer
Shoud i install intel rapid storage technology for it or something ?

Thanks, but they don’t offer RSTe drivers. My Intel drives are not from Dell.

AFAIK you don’t need an Intel RST driver (you may not even be able to install it), but just the Intel RST Console Software.

I’ve contacted Dell and Intel. Intel told me to contact Dell, Dell told me they don’t plan to release RSTe software for their servers. :frowning:
Fernando: could you mod the RSTe software (without drivers) ? I tried to install modded "Universal 64bit Intel RST Software v14.8.0.1042" from modded thread and it worked on my test Dell server. However I need RSTe version for NVMe RAID to work. Thanks.

If you can wait until the end of this week, I will try to do it for you.

Yes to the RST AHCI driver, no to the RST Software.

Yes to the RST AHCI driver, no to the RST Software.

What version to install ?

And there is no problem like this?
https://communities.intel.com/thread/53305?tstart=0

Look >here<.

No.

So this for my system right?:
C. Intel AHCI/RAID and NVMe Drivers

EDIT by Fernando: Unneeded fully quoted discussion deleted (to save space)

@Marcin_89 :
I don’t understand what you mean. Please read the start post of the related thread, before you ask additional questions.
I don’t have the required time to answer questions, which have already answered by me very often.

Hello :slight_smile:

Another RSTe pack with newer SCU drivers: 4.3.2.1002 Software version: 4.3.0.1638.

@Pacman :
Thanks for the info about the new Intel RSTe Drivers and Software Set.

@ all:
Since I don’t have currently the required time and utilities, I cannot publish them here before Thursday.

Update of the start post

Changelog:

• new: Complete extracted Intel RSTe RAID Drivers & Software Set v4.3.0.1638 dated 08/03/2015

Notes:
  1. The already extracted new complete Set contains the previously published Intel RSTe AHCI/RAID drivers v4.3.0.1198 WHQL dated 05/21/2015 in combination with the much newer Intel RSTe Software v4.3.0.1638 dated 08/03/2015. It is usable with all Windows Operating Systems from Win7 up.
  2. Only Intel C600/C600+ Series Chipsets like X79 and X99 are natively fully supported by this Set.
  3. Thanks to Pacman resp. Station-Drivers for having published the source package.

Good luck with this new Intel RSTe Drivers & Software Set!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

please edit the first post changelog as we are in 2016 (I do the same mistake quite often)

Done!
Thanks for your heads up and the info!

Fernando, so what drivers are u using ?

As you can see >here<, my favorite AHCI driver is the Intel RST(e) v13.2.4.1000.
Unfortunately I have to stick with the same driver version, when I am working with a RAID0 array. Although the “old” Intel RST v11.2.0.1006 driver is even for a Z97 RAID0 system by far the best performant one, I cannot install it due to restrictions done by Microsoft’s OS Win10 and ASRock’s mainboard BIOS (no inserted Intel RAID ROM/EFI RaidDriver lower than v13 can be used by design).

Hi Fernando.

A strange problem I got.

According to your notes the RSTe drivers should install both iastorA and iastorF so the scsi filter driver as well. On my windows 7 machine this is the case.
Today I installed the driver you recommend for series 5 chipset 12.9.4 on my Windows 10 machine and rebooted, no errors reported but in device manager only iastorA.sys is loaded and the drives are not listed as scsi devices. I see iastorF.sys in the driver folder but it isnt used by the OS. Any ideas?

I tried to force use the iaStorAC.inf instead of iaAHCIC.inf when it asked me to pick an inf file as the lastter doesnt enable the filter driver but I still only get the iastorA.sys driver in device manager.

I believe iastorF.sys is needed for trim commands hence me trying to get it loaded.