Intel RST/RSTe Drivers (latest: v20.1.0.1015/ v9.0.0.1836)

This message is wrong and absolutely misleading. You will get the latest Intel RST(e) driver v12.6.0.1006 installed, if you hit the "Have Disk" button and navigate to the driver.
Nevertheless I would try something else. Maybe the OS doesn’t like the newest Intel RST(e) drivers for your hardware configuration.

If you want to download an appropriate driver from Intel’s Download Center, I recommend to take the driverpack v11.2.0.1006 from >this< Intel web site. The Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006 is not the latest, but one of the best AHCI driver and maybe better suited for your 5-Series Chipset than the newest Intel RST(e) drivers (which have an additional SCSI driver and primarily are designed for the newest Intel Chipsets).

Since you have already installed the newest Intel Chipset Device Software and since you will install the appripriate Intel AHCI driver v11.2.0.1006 very soon, you will not need any additional chipset or storage driver.

As long as your Device Manager doesn’t show a yellow mark (e.g. "Unknown Device"), everything will be fine.

Since the OS obviously doesn’t like the newest Intel RST(e) driver v12.8.6.1000, I recommend to install the Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006 WHQL.

Good luck!

Thanks a lot.
1. But of the two drivers given there one is for NUC(whats that?)
and other for Intel 6 series desktop boards.
2. My device manager shows intel 5 series …

3. Also none of the two RST on that page support Windows 7 as per the info there on the website.

Regards

Hi.

I have a asus rampage formula (chipset X48 ICH9 i think?)
Which driver should i use with AHCI and SSD (with trim support) ?

Thank you

@ PureLogic:

Believe me - the Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006 will work with your system and with Windows 7.

@ farika:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!
I suggest to install the Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006. You can find the download link within the start post of >this< thread.

Enjoy the Forum!

Regards
Fernando

Thank you fernando.

11.2 driver support TRIM?

Also , how to install this driver ? May i update my AHCI controler microsoft driver ? Windows say that the driver is already updated…

Yes!

Do a right click onto the AHCI Controller and choose "Update Driver Software" > "Browse my computer …" > "Let me pick …" > "Have Disk" > navigate to the iaAHCI.inf, which is within the driver folder you want to install.

Ok , and after , which driver should i choose ?

ICH9M-E/M SATA ? My X48 is a ICH9R i think but the driver did not show

If your X48 chipset has an ICH9R Southbridge, you have to install the "Universal 32/64bit Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006 mod by Fernando", which you can find >here<. The installation has to be forced by using the "Have Disk" button.
If you don’t want to install any modified driver, you either have to stick with the generic MS AHCI driver or install the Intel RST driver v10.8.0.1003 WHQL, which you can get from >here<. Both drivers do support TRIM as well.

Thanks a lot . My laptop now seems fine. I will now update the windows and see how it performs

Regards

Which AHCI driver are you using now?

The same which you gave the link for.

Have updated the windows now. Seems fine as for now.
1. But the smartwi connection utility (for wireless and Bluetooth) loads slowly on startup.
Any way to increase the boot speed?
Also this laptop generates a lot of heat. Any way to reduce it.
The laptop fan starts running at crazy speed. I can here the frrrrrrrrrrr… sound . No problem with fan though but if there is a way to reduce heat generation by this laptop then it would be great.

2. On the contrary my new Laptop(Vaio fit i3 core, win 8 ) is very silent and generates negligible heat. I cant even hear its fans sound.

This has nothing to do with the Intel RST driver.
You should check the Energy Option and BIOS settings.

Good night:

I have this same problem.
My motherboard is Gigabyte G1-Snniper3 (z77) with latest bios.
With windows 7 never had this problem. Only happens with windows 8.1
Clean install of windows 8.1 driver 12.0.1.1019 installed. This driver no problem. Hard drives stop spinning to the first.
Tested driver 12.8.0.1016 and 12.8.6.1000 same problems.

OpROM is version 11.6.0.1702

What happens? Any solution?

A greeting and Sorry my bad English.

@ PeRRo_RoJo:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your report.

Questions:
1. Are you running your system drive in AHCI or in RAID mode?
2. Did you already check your BIOS and Energy Options settings?

Regards
Fernando

my system works raid mode from the beginning. Windows 8.1 installed in raid 0 ssd. Other two groups of two disks in raid 0 for data. Total three groups of disks in raid 0.

The energy saving settings in BIOS are all disabled, except the thermal.

I do not change bios settings. Same in windows 7 and 8.1

It is very rare. I formatted 15 times to discover that the problem is the rapid storage driver.

Any idea?

First thanks for the time you put into doing this.

I’ve been getting warnings in the event viewer, Event ID 129 “Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort3, was issued.”. I believe this started happening after updating to windows 8.1 and was not a problem in windows 8. I was using 12.8.4.1000 then updated to 12.8.6.1000 with the same problem. I then went all the way back to 11.2.0.1006 but the problem keeps happening. I am using ROM 12.7.0.1936 on an ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional. Also these warnings are happening at almost exactly 5 minute intervals all day long.

Has anyone had this problem or know what may be causing it?

Thanks for any help.

@ justsomeguy:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your report.

I doubt, that your problem is caused by the OS Win8.1 or by the Intel RST driver. Please check the third party programs you have installed.

Regards
Fernando

I have a Z87 system (Intel board, Intel SATA), with a non-raid SSD disk (non-part of an array) on SATA0, and two HDD in RAID1. The latest driver is the recommended one I suppose?

Also what is write-back-caching exactly? Is that really recommended to use or not?

Thanks!

Yes.

It enhances the write performance of an Intel RAID system and is only available after having set the Intel SATA Controller to "RAID" mode.