Intel RST/RSTe Drivers (latest: v20.1.0.1015/ v9.0.0.1836)

Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST) Version 15.7.5.1025 WHQL

Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new: 32/64bit Intel RST(e) drivers v15.7.5.1025 WHQL for Win7-10 dated 08/10/2017
  • new: Intel RST(e) Drivers & Software Set v15.7.5.1025 WHQL dated 08/19/2017

Notes:
  1. The above mentioned drivers are WHQL certified by Microsoft and usable with all Windows Operating Systems from Win7 up. Only the newest Intel Chipsets from 100-Series up (incl. X299) are natively supported by these drivers.
  2. Thanks to Pacman resp.Station-Drivers for the source package.

Good luck with these new drivers!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new: 32/64bit Intel RST(e) drivers v15.8.1.1007 WHQL for Win7-10 dated 08/07/2017
  • new: Intel RST(e) Drivers & Software Set v15.8.1.1007 WHQL dated 08/25/2017

Notes:
  1. The above mentioned drivers are WHQL certified by Microsoft and usable with all Windows Operating Systems from Win7 up. Only Intel 100-Series/C230 Chipsets, 200-Series Chipsets, 300-Series Chipsets, X299 Chipsets and other Systems with an Intel Skylake or KabyLake CPU are natively supported by these drivers.

Dieter (alias Fernando)

Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new: Intel RSTe Drivers & Software Set v5.2.2.1022 for Win7-10 dated 07/12/2017

Notes:
  1. The Set contains the 64bit Intel RSTe AHCI and sAHCI drivers v5.2.0.1194 dated 06/13/2017. They are WHQL certified by MS and only suitable for Intel C600/C600+/C220/C220+ Series Chipset AHCI/sAHCI systems like X79 and X99. All 64bit Windows Operating Systems from Win7 up to Win10 are supported.
  2. 32bit Operating Systems are obviously not supported by these drivers and by this Drivers & Software Set.
  3. Thanks to Pacman resp. Station-Drivers for the source package.

Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hi Fernando,

After having read around in the Forum, I came to the (possibly wrong) conclusion that, after a Clean Installation of Windows 10 Pro (1703), I will NOT install either the Intel(R) Chipset Software (unless it is the one modded by you) or the Intel(R) Management Engine Interface (which is updated anyway by Windows Update) just as they are provided by the manufacturer of my HP ProDesk 400 G1 MT.

Which leaves me with a big (and maybe rather silly) doubt: the Standard SATA AHCI Controller (Microsoft, 10.0.15063.332, 21/06/2006) which is installed by the OS will NOT get automatically updated by Windows Update and I need to perform a manual update in Device Manager to have it replaced with the Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller (Intel, 14.8.2.1044, 08/12/2015).

Is this the right procedure or should I skip this manual update (useless?) or is there something missing (.inf?) for Windows Update to perform such task automatically after the Clean Installation?

Thanks a lot for your attention.

IMO you should update your SATA drivers to latest official Intel Rapid Storage Technology for your chipset because Intel drivers are simply overall better for example in the matter of SSD/HDD performance (Intel claim ±10% better vs. standard Microsoft SATA driver) and also you will get overall better results in benchmarks using Intel RST drivers and this will not be a placebo effect…

As for Intel chipset “drivers” - they are only .inf files for operating system to proper recognize all motherboard features - no gains in performance here, it’s up to you if you want to install them or not - I’m always installing them…

@Lmbrt :
Since Microsoft prefers to use its own in-box AHCI driver instead of the Intel RST driver, you have to install the Intel AHCI driver your own, if you prefer the specific driver, which had been built by the hardware manufacturer (here: Intel).
It is ok to do the driver installation manually from within the Device Manager. Don’t worry about the INF file. The OS device management will find and install everything correctly.

Thank you very much indeed!

@Fernando

Sorry to bother, it is just to be sure of what I am doing.

Am I correct in getting to the conclusion that after a Clean Installation of Windows 10 1703 I can plain and simply:

1. forget about the Intel Chipset Device Software and its (vintage) 1968 .inf files (unless it is yours with the modded dates, but then again I have no yellow marks on my machines as they are all rather recent, but not extremely recent)
2. manually update from within Device Manager the IDE ATA/ATAPI controller(s) to Intel RST driver
3. leave to Windows Update the task of fixing/updating all the rest, including Intel(R) Management Engine Interface

Big question mark

@Lmbrt :
If I were you, I would wait 2-3 weeks and then to a clean install of Win10 v1709.
1. Forget the Intel Chipset Device Software. Your Intel Chipset Devices will be recognized by the Win10 Setup and the required INF files will be installed automaticly (latest by the first Windows Update).
2. Yes.
3. Yes, but to verify the result I recommend to check the in-use driver of the device named “Intel(R) Management Engine Interface”, which is listed within the “System devices” section of the Device Manager.

@Fernando

Thanks a lot !

If anyone should need it, the whole OEM Intel RST 15.8.1.1007 package, with PreOS, CLI and driver components, can be found >here< 89MB.

Has anyone ever figured out how much different are the drivers depending on the version number changed? It’s always A.B.C.D, so what kind of difference is there if B or C is different?
Has Intel ever published any meaningful changelogs?

To be honest, I do not understand what you mean. If you should mean the chapter letters within the start post, everything important has been explained, but where did you see chapter D?

Some Intel RST/RSTe Drivers & Software Sets contain a readme file, but Intel zugenerally doesn’t publish the bugs, which have been fixed from one version to the other.

Hello.

Tell me, please, where can I get rstcli64 for Intel RSTe drivers from the v5.x platform.
Unfortunately, they are not present in the package >Intel RSTe Drivers & Software Set v5.2.2.1022 WHQL for Win7-10<

Seems the rar files for Intel RSTe Storage drivers from the v5.2 branch are corrupted.
Or at least when I try to download and unpack them. I have tried several times. Some of the other links are corrupted too.

To be honest, I do not understand what you mean. If you should mean the chapter letters within the start post, everything important has been explained, but where did you see chapter D?

Some Intel RST/RSTe Drivers & Software Sets contain a readme file, but Intel zugenerally doesn’t publish the bugs, which have been fixed from one version to the other.

A.B.C.D
A seems to be some sort of major version, and the rest… not so much. But are there typically any feature changes besides bugfixes in the other "chapters"? I mean I have no idea what kind of version should I bother updating to.

@melkore :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Since the RST CLI Utility is not part of the Intel RSTe Drivers & Software Sets, I don’t know where you can find it. For further informations please have a look into >this< discussion.

@MrTwister :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Please use an up-to-date WinRAR version (from v5.xx up), if you want to unzip our RAR archives. I am pretty sure, hat you will get properly unzipped files this way.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

I still don’t know what you mean with A.B.C.D.

Regarding the Intel RST drivers there are
a) driver platforms (e.g. v10, v11, v12, v13 etc.) with completely different functionalities and
b) within a certain driver platform different branches (e.g. v13.1, v13.2 etc.) with different features.
Each new platform or branch begins from zero, that means with a lot of new bugs. That is why I recommend to install only the latest available version of a certain driver branch (e.g. v13.1.x.xxxx or v13.2.x.xxxx).

A.B.C.D was used as a wildcard of sorts.
I guess you answered my question anyway.

In the recommendation thread though, you tell people to use version 15.5.2.1054, and here you say they should always use the latest version - but that’s 15.8.1.1007. That’s confusing.

You obviously misunderstood what I have written. My recommendation was and is generally to use the latest driver from the best matching driver version branch. The Intel RST(e) drivers v15.5.x.xxxx and v15.8.x.xxxx belong to absolutely different driver version branches.