Intel RST/RSTe Drivers (latest: v20.1.0.1015/ v9.0.0.1836)

Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new: 32/64bit Intel RST(e) drivers v16.3.0.1007 for Win7-10 dated 01/18/2018 (digitally signed by Intel)
  • new: Intel RST(e) Drivers & Software Set v16.3.0.1007 for Win7-10 dated 01/30/2018

Thanks to Station-Drivers for the source package.

Enjoy it!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

hi !

i have a question about v16 platform drivers.
i have Skylake Intel i7 and i didn’t see that v16 platform drivers are for Kaby-lake and Coffee-lake only,
i have installed v16 and everything works normal.
should i use just v15 platform drivers for Skylake or are those v16 also ok ?
thanks

This indicates, that you haven’t read carefully the related text within the start post:

Installable doesn’t mean fully supported.
With which SATA mode (AHCI/RAID) are you running your on-board Intel SATA Controller?

You can install any driver, which runs fine with your specific system.
Maybe your system is fully supported despite Intel’s README file.

AHCI mode

I have also installed v16 for my Skylake, and it works, using AHCI mode as well. I was using v14 that shipped with my laptop (Acer Predator 15 G3-593), but once I updated to Windows 10 1803, Intel RST service could not run so I figured out I’d just upgrade to the latest available driver, although 6th generation of Intel processors is not listed as supported.

I have a question though - is it ok to upgrade from v14 to v16 without uninstalling the previous version of the software first? I know you recommend uninstalling RST before installing RST(e), but do I need to uninstall older RST(e) before installing newer RST(e)? Thank you.

@Somitomere :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your report.

As long as you are running just the “pure” Intel RST, RST(e) or RSTe driver, you can replace the previously running AHCI resp. RAID driver directly (an uninstallation of the formerly used AHCI/RAID is neither necessary nor recommended).
Another situation occurs, if you had previously installed a complete Intel RST/RSTe Drivers & Software Set. Before you are going to install any other Intel AHCI or RAID driver, you have to uninstall the previously installed and still running in the background Intel RST/RSTe Software from within the “Add/Remove Software” section of the Control Panel (no matter, whether you want to get just a “pure” Intel AHCI/RAID driver or a complete Drivers & Software Set installed).

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thank you very much!

When I try to uninstall the RST software, it says that the driver is in use and cannot be removed. I can only remove RST software. Do I have to use Device Manager to uninstall the driver? Or is removing the software enough?

Yes. The user should never try to uninstall the previously used storage driver itself, because otherwise he may not be able to reboot into the OS or - in case of a problem with the new driver - to restore the previously running system.

Hello, I have a Z87 board with several SATA hard disks with Intel RST v14.8.16.1063. I see on Station-Drivers that there are 2 more recent versions:

v14.8.17.1065
v14.8.18.1066

Intel.com has only v14.8.16.1063 on the download page – where are the release notes for these 2 newer versions? What issues have been fixed? Are there any known issues with this latest release v14.8.18.1066? I did a search but couldn’t find anything.

And how does station-drivers.com obtain these drivers if they have not been offered yet on the Intel website?

@KootchieKoo :
Welcome to the Win-RAID forum!
Here are my answers:

1. It is the duty of the mainboard manufacturers and not the task of the Chipset manufacturers (like Intel) to give the users access to the latest/best drivers for the on-board devices of their products (unfortunately they do it only for a few months after having released a new mainboard).
  2. The times, when Intel had “officially” released their latest Intel RST/RSTe drivers at their Download Center, are gone, because Intel doesn’t manufacture anymore own mainboards.
  3. There is no rule or directive, which forces the chipset manufacturer to publish a RELEASE NOTE with the changelog, when they release a new driver or an updated driver version.
  4. The chipset manufacturers (like Intel) do not need to offer download links to the new or updated drivers for everyone, but they send them immediately to the mainboard manufacturers and other “Original Equipment Manufacturers” (OEMs).
    So if you see somewhere a newer Intel RST/RSTe driver version of a specific development branch (here: v14.8), which is not available at Intel’s Download Center, the source is one of the OEMs. All these drivers have been “officially released” by Intel to the OEMs (unless they are marked as being “Beta” drivers).

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Intel Rapid Storage Technology enterprise Drivers Version 5.4.0.1464 WHQL

Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new: 64bit Intel RSTe AHCI & RAID drivers v5.4.0.1462 WHQL for Win7 dated 02/28/2018
  • new: 64bit Intel RSTe AHCI & RAID drivers v5.4.0.1462 WHQL for Win8-10 dated 02/28/2018
  • new: Intel RSTe Drivers & Software Set v5.4.0.1464 for Win7-10 dated 03/27/2018

Notes:
  1. The package contains the Intel RSTe SATA AHCI and SATA/sSATA RAID drivers v5.4.0.1462 WHQL dated 02/28/2018 and the Intel RSTe Software v5.4.0.1464. It is suitable for Intel C600/C600+/C220/C220+ Series Chipset systems like X79, X99 and X299 running in RSTe mode. All Windows Operating Systems from Win7 up to Win10 are supported.
  2. There are no 32bit Intel RSTe drivers v5.4.0.1462 available. 32bit Operating Systems are obviously not supported by this Drivers & Software Set.
  3. Thanks to Pacman resp. Station-Drivers for the source package.

Good luck with these new Intel RSTe drivers resp. the new Drivers & Software Set!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@Fernando RSTe (1.post)- the driver information for 5.3* and 5.4* tree is a little bit mixed up.

(Installed RSTe 5.4 on C222 (LGA1150) with ROM 4.6, Server 2016 essentials, RSTe Raid1 with 2 6TB disks. 5.4.* drivers loaded fine but application doesn't start ("Failed to load Storage Data from Driver"), updated from 5.3.1.1020 which worked fine.)

@lfb6 :
Thanks for the info about the driver version/date mix within the start post.
Meanwhile I have corrected my mistake.

@Fernando :
there is a typo in the first post.
it should read intel drivers v16.0.2.1086 not 1068

just an issue to mention…

Background:
I use two M.2 Samsung 960 Evo in Raid0 as Boot-Device.
Clean install of Win10 does not work, because Raid0-Array is not recognized (buildin drivers doesn’t work).
On-the-fly driver install from Stick leads to a non responding installer.
So I create allways a boot.wim and install.wim with newest drivers preintegrated.

Issue:
after integrating newest “64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI/RAID Drivers v16.3.0.1007 (digitally signed by Intel)”, installation succeeds, but after install while normal booting I get a BSOD, with message that there are problems with missing certificate.

Solution:
Installing with preintegrated “64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI/RAID Drivers v16.0.2.1086 WHQL” works, Windows starts fine.

@Wishbringer :
Thanks for having mentioned the importance of the storage driver’s WHQL stamp while going to install any modern Windows OS.

Each WHQL certified Intel RST(e) RAID driver from v14.8 series up would have worked as well.
The OS Setup only accepts storage drivers, which have the WHQL stamp, whereas the update to any other digitally signed driver later on is no problem.

Please advise me.
Currently I am using version Intel RST 13.6.3.1001.
My system:
Motherboard - Asus x79 Delux
SSD Samsung 840 Pro 256 Mb - System disk install Windows 7 x64
1.HDD Western Digital VelociRaptor 1Tb - Raid 0
2.HDD Western Digital VelociRaptor 1Tb - Raid 0
Intel SATA mode BIOS - Raid

On the front page stated: C. Intel RSTe drivers v3.x/v4.x/v5.x and their RSTe Software (only for C600/C600+/C220 Series Chipsets like X79, X99 or X299)
(Note: These real “Enterprise Edition” RST Drivers contain an additional SCSI Filter Driver like the RST(e) ones, but are just designed for Socket LGA 2011/2011-3 systems running in RSTe mode.)

Question: Is there any sense in moving from IRST to IRST (e)?
And if yes, which version to go? v3.8… v5.4 ?

Thanks.

Not really. You will get the best RAID0 performance, if you use the RST mode.
Additional questions:
1. Why are you using the Intel RST(e) RAID driver v13.6.3.1001?
2. Which Intel RAID Option ROM/EFI RaidDriver version are you currently using?

1. I tested these versions from 13.1 to 14.8 … the best performance in version 13.6.3.1001
    2. Sorry, but I do not understand what you mean. Means, in what mode is loaded windows - EFI or Legacy ?
    This is it?

My settings are correct or not?