ME Analyzer: Intel Engine Firmware Analysis Tool Discussion

OK sure. Here’s the link.

Greetings.

2 Likes

Found solution to run Python 3.9 compiled software on Win7.
Latest MEAnalyzer running fine on my system.

@plutomaniac why not to add link on these libraries for users who still on legacy OS ?

Hi!!!
I can’t find the link to download the latest version of the MEA on GitHub. I just found the DB source code. Can someone help me?
Thanks!!!

DB are database update files, look further down to old dates.
*TIP…theres somes devices with a wheel… that maybe attached your system and theres a scroll bar on your browser, just to make my day a fun one… ok and yours also!
Releases · platomav/MEAnalyzer (github.com)

EDIT: I see… you dont want to use a Python script, you want an EXE, look older ones then.

1 Like

Sorry, but I still haven’t found the correct link. I only see the source code link

Correct, I’m looking for the EXE! I prefer the EXE because it’s faster and easier to use.
Thanks!!!

There is no pre-frozen binary anymore. Follow the easy instructions on how to run the python script at the GitHub README.

C2. Prerequisites

To run ME Analyzer, you need to install Python >= 3.7, followed by these 3rd party Python modules:

pip3 install colorama crccheck pltable

I’m finding it a little difficult to install these modules… :roll_eyes: :worried:

CMD Admin

EDIT: You dont need to download any of this packages, install Python and after execute the cmd to update the referenced modules. Picture makes confused or what???
If you are encountering other issues at least shows us the errors…and you can edit your previous posts, no need to make new to add content to the same issue.

1 Like

Do I need to download the Source Distribution or Build Distribution? :roll_eyes:

Captura de tela 2023-01-12 163806

‘pip3’ is not recognized as an internal command
or external, an operable program or a batch file.

Captura de tela 2023-01-12 164344
Captura de tela 2023-01-12 164309

I didn’t install the components I don’t use :thinking: :grimacing: :roll_eyes:

Captura de tela 2023-01-12 165040

for all users

What is wrong with installing Python?

I was able to solve the problem… :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
I selected the option “Add Python to environment variables” :face_with_monocle: :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

sys.stdout.reconfigure(encoding=‘utf-8’)

Hello, is there any important reason why CSME 16.0 and 16.1 repositories are still not published? As far as I can see in the MEA.dat, there are a lot of them.
For example, i have 16.1.25.1991_CON_H_X_PRD_EXTR

MEA tells me “This CSE ME firmware is not in the database…”
Should i share it? Or is it not allowed? If it’s allowed, why don’t you publish yours?

Intel (Converged Security) Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools (16+) - Special Topics / Intel Management Engine - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

About the reason…its simple, its the developer option only and his judgment, its not his obligation to share or publish everything “from his house”, this is a free forum and users have a real life and ocupation outside.

Releases · platomav/MEAnalyzer (github.com)

Regarding to shares, feel free to it, the community will appreciate.

1 Like

As I had explained in the past (a, b), I have stopped most of my involvement with (CS)ME related topics, and that includes posting new firmware, updating the repositories/tools and updating ME Analyzer with support for newer platforms.

To be precise, ME Analyzer supports the following firmware, as seen at the README over at GitHub:

(CS)ME (CS)TXE (CS)SPS GSC PMC PCHC PHY OROM
2 0 1 100 APL ICP ICP 19
3 1 2 101 BXT LKF LKF 20
4 2 3 - GLK JSP CMP -
5 3 4 (BA, HA, PU) - CNP CMP TGP -
6 4 5 (ME) - ICP TGP ADP -
7 - 6 (TA) - LKF MCC DG1 -
8 - - - JSP ADP DG2 -
9 - - - CMP - - -
10 - - - TGP - - -
11 - - - MCC - - -
12 - - - ADP - - -
13 (0, 30, 50) - - - DG1 - - -
14 (0, 1, 5) - - - DG2 - - -
15 (0, 40) - - - - - - -
16 (0, 1) - - - - - - -

Any Intel Engine family and/or version which is not listed above, is not supported. There are no plans to add support for other Intel Engine firmware at this point.

In terms of Engine related thread/updates over here, we have the following:

In terms of ME Analyzer, CSME 16.1 is supported, so the entry can be added to its database. So if you report it and attach it to the equivalent CSME 16+ thread, I will see it and probably add it to the DB. But in terms of thread and/or firmware repository updates,
it won’t be added because I stopped at (supported) CSME <= 15.

FYI: I keep saying “supported” CSME 15 because apparently Intel has recently released a platform which uses CSME 15.20 or similar, which is newer and thus not part of the supported firmware at the time in which I stopped, a year or so ago.

4 Likes

I shared a few regions which are not in the MEA database in CSME 16+ thread.
Thank you for your work!

1 Like

new for database
13.50.22.1735_ATM_N_A_PRD_EXTR.rar (1.7 MB)
PMC_MCC_154.1.10.1028_LP_B_PRD.rar (85.2 KB)

1 Like

Hello plutomaniac, do you have any private contact, e-mail or something?

You can send a pm here

Ok, maybe I missed a part or a post, but MEAnalyzer displayed I should update to v1.283.3.
Downloaded the package from Github but the MEA.exe is missing.
Made also sure that my AV (Eset) didn’t interfere, but nothing in the logs or quarantine.

It’s not like that, that I need it urgently, the previous version 1.283.2 did it’s job on my “old” notebook, but still wondering whether it was forgotten or removed from the package on purpose.

Cheers
Tom