ME System Tools v4 PMXUTIL error

Good morning everyone, I bought a Nipogi mini pc, model: GK3V with an Intel Gemini Lake J4125 SoC. The bios is an American Megatrends 5.13, with project version: 1AUAJ 0.38 x64.
I wanted to mod this bios so I used Afuwin x64 to get an image of my bios (but the program doesn’t color every block in green, I don’t know if this is a problem). So I decided to use Intel Flash programming tool as recommended by all. I used HWInfo64 to check my Intel ME version:

Intel ME Version: 4.0, Build 1308, Hot Fix 20

The, I downloaded ME System Tools v4 for ME4 version from Intel (Converged Security) Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools (2-15). When I use Intel Flash programming tool with the command “fptw.exe -d mybios.rom -bios”, the flash programming tool throws these errors:

PMXUtil: Error during PMX Call: sseidrvdll32e.dll!IDRVInstallDriver(): Failed to start loaded service err: 1275
Error 51: Initialization of PMX utilities failed. Unable to continue.
FPT.exe exited with return code: 51

How can I dump my bios to modify it with AMIBCP? How can I flash, then, the modified version of the bios?

Wrong ME and wrong tools package, you system uses TXE4, start over:
Intel (Converged Security) Trusted Execution Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools - Special Topics / Intel Management Engine - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

EDIT1: You may try other AMIBCP versions… really dont know it can t open your dump, since you say “is an American Megatrends 5.13” usually it can open it.

EDIT2: Thats also very strange… as many FPT dumps can be open with AMIBCP, bios regions or full dumps… must be a “special” AMI bios…
Plenty of info and varies ways to mod…the forum has a search box…you can start here:
[Guide] Manual AMI UEFI BIOS Modding - BIOS/UEFI Modding / BIOS Modding Guides and Problems - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

1 Like

Thank you so much! I was freaking out :rofl: . I used the same commands with the right tools and it worked. Now I have my bios dump, but AMIBCP says “Couldn’t open the file”. What can I do to solve this? I’m using AMIBCP v 5.02.0031 found on the internet

I know usually it can open it. In fact, if I make a bios backup with AFUWIN, then AMIBCP can open it and I can modify it. But since the backup made with AFUWIN is not complete and I can’t flash it, I need to use Intel flash programming tool.
If I don’t find any other working AMIBCP version with my file, do you know any other way to modify it?