Microcode Update of Insyde UEFI BIOSes

Oh, yes, exactly… I see that for the addresses (offsets).

However, regarding the checksum, LOST_N_BIOS’ guide indicates that there’s nothing to calculate, that it’s updated automatically by UEFITool, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

And I’ve been searching for a while, with moduloSum Of Bytes or moduloSum of Bytes % 256, I can’t seem to find the same value as the original BIOS or yours.

What type of checksum, and on which data should be calculated to update it?

Sorry for the noob question: I’m new into the BIOS Modding and I’d like to understand everything so I can create an AHK program that automates the process for future update for me or others.

EDIT: :person_facepalming: I used to calculate everything and anything, but I didn’t pay attention to the fact that the parser could correct it for me…
Again, thank you for assisting me so promptly and effectively!

Use the parser:

1 Like

I unfortunately cannot test in reality because I am encountering the following error:

Error 167: Protected Range Registers are currently set by BIOS, preventing flash access.
Please contact the target system BIOS vendor for an option to disable
Protected Range Registers.

FTP Operation Failed.

I am currently studying this guide to see if I can disable certain variables in some way.

However, from my research, it seems that for Intel 12th-gen CPUs, I am required to purchase an SPI programmer and a clip to read/write BIOS on Clevo NPxxPxx

And maybe an 1.8 V adaptor.

In addition: When working with a programmer or fpt you have to work with a dump of your own firmware otherwise boardspecific data might get lost!