Modded ACPI Drivers Depot 2000 XP 2003 2009

@XPLives …not sure if this posted or not. If it’s a duplicate, please delete.

Thanks for all the work you did supplying info for acpi.sys. I must have daniel_k’s version because my Nvidia card shows up in device manager.

Not sure what to make of all the info you supplied. I simply dropped the modded acpi.sys into my drivers directory on XP and it worked. I realize that I should look more closely at the existing registry values since the old acpi settings are likely geared toward an older chipset and BIOS. I have an Asus B360M mobo/chipset and I did not do a fresh install of XP. I had an installation on a hard drive which I plugged into the mobo and went from there.

I’m open to whatever suggestions you might offer but at the moment I am looking at creating an XP SP3 install disk with modded SATA, ACPI, and USB drivers added, with which I plan to do a repair install. I have reasons to suspect my current XP installation needs to be reset. It’s pretty well out of the question to do a fresh install since I have so many old apps on there for which I cannot locate the original install disks.

I don’t know if additional info has to be supplied in the install disk, like registry stuff.

@gordo999

@XPLives …not sure if this posted or not. If it’s a duplicate, please delete.

Thanks for all the work you did supplying info for acpi.sys. I must have daniel_k’s version because my Nvidia card shows up in device manager.

Not sure what to make of all the info you supplied. I simply dropped the modded acpi.sys into my drivers directory on XP and it worked. I realize that I should look more closely at the existing registry values since the old acpi settings are likely geared toward an older chipset and BIOS. I have an Asus B360M mobo/chipset and I did not do a fresh install of XP. I had an installation on a hard drive which I plugged into the mobo and went from there.

I’m open to whatever suggestions you might offer but at the moment I am looking at creating an XP SP3 install disk with modded SATA, ACPI, and USB drivers added, with which I plan to do a repair install. I have reasons to suspect my current XP installation needs to be reset. It’s pretty well out of the question to do a fresh install since I have so many old apps on there for which I cannot locate the original install disks.

I don’t know if additional info has to be supplied in the install disk, like registry stuff.

The first one that successfully showed the Display adapter in the Device Manager with the ACPI working was DK’s mod. I did not have time to test any of diderius’ newer mods so I don’t know if those are better. Diderius6 was first to make a functional ACPI for XP installation. I always relied on the NO ACPI method since roughly 95% of the programs work properly using this method since SkyLake. I think modding the BIOS is necessary for full 100% APCI compatibility.

I also didn’t have time to dedicate to analyzing the ACPI in full detail and at the moment only Diderius6 and DK know more about how to modify the files properly. If both could write a guide on how to do this it will allow people to do it on their own and not depend on them.

I have looked at some of their mods internally to see what they are doing but not closely yet. It would be nice to have an explanation but if the thread is followed where they discuss the issues, one can get a decent idea of what is going on.

I would like to learn more about BIOS modding but I have one concern. I use my mobo to run XP, W7, and W10. I don’t want to mod the BIOS for XP in such a way that would affect W7 or W10.

@gordo999
If you mod the BIOS to go back to ACPI v1.0 than it should not affect Vista, W7, or W10 since they all worked on ACPI v1.0. Evidence of this when you run on Ivy Bridge can run all old and newer Windows without ACPI error.
Only the BIOS manufacturers who wrote the older motherboards could probably easily revert back to ACPI v1.0 standard on new motherboards. Otherwise someone with BIOS modding knowledge needed to see the differences and change it. But going back to ACPI v1.0 would probably make it less efficient for Windows 10.

What about 2000? I see no links for 2000.

I can confirm what xplives said.
Even though early implementations of acpi 2.0a (on Asus rigs especially) were somewhat buggy,windows 10 has no trouble running on acpi 1 and switching back to acpi 2.0a or other way around.
Most of them has discrete achi 1 module inside

What happened to the links and downloads?

was wondering the same thing, & where is the "XP on modern hardware" thread?

Mods deleted it. Continue in discussion on Wincert…

It is still >here<. Within its 2nd post you can read why all the other posts have been removed.