Modded Intel AHCI and RAID Drivers (digitally signed)

@bach1223
Although I seriously doubt, that it was the modded generic Intel RST AHCI driver v11.2.0.1006, which has caused the 0x0000007b BSOD, you may try the attached non-generic RST AHCI driver v11.2.0.1006 (the real driver of both driverpack is identical).

Universal 32bit Intel RST AHCI driver v11.2.0.1006 mod+signed by Fernando.rar (249.4 KB)

@Fernando
What do you think did it then? I will try the driver you just provided tomorrow, as the pc are at my work.

Another loaded or integrated textmode driver.
That is why I strongly recommend to use an original (untouched) OS Image as source.

The one i used today was found on the internet, but i have found my original copy here at home, so i will try and make a new one from that one tomorrow, but thanks for the help.

@Fernando
I finally had a chance to test this, i have made a new bootable usb using the original windows XP cd i have, then i have used nLite to slipstream the driver into the iso that i have made the usb from. How ever, i still keep getting BSOD both 7B and A5. not sure if I’m doing something wrong, what i have done:
If i don’t press anything when the F6 appears, then i get A5
If i press either F5 or F7 when F6 appears, then i get 7B
Am i inserting the driver the wrong way?

@bach1223

The 7B BSOD indicates a wrong/not matching textmode driver (maybe it is the in-use USB 3.0/3.1 driver), whereas the A5 BSOD indicates a wrong/not matching ACPI driver named acpi.sys.

>Here< is my Guide about how to do it.

@Fernando
I have used the same method as in your guide, so that should be good.
I’m using usb 2.0 ports on the device.
I hope you have any ideas on how I can resolve this issue

Hello @Fernando
How are you ?
I need your help because i want install Windows XP Integral Edition 2023 in CD. I have burn the iso but after i have error 07 or 05.
I have try use your universal AHCI + Raid 32 bits with iso x86 Professionnal Windows XP. with NLITE and i have selectionned my drivers AHCI
His’nt not working can you help me please :slight_smile: .
My laptop it’s MSI GL75 Leopard 10SER

@yaceur
Welcome to the Win-Raid Forum!
If you want to get Windws XP installed, you have to use a “classical” Intel RST driver (without the additional iaStorF.sys driver). I recommend to use the “Generic 32bit Intel RST AHCI driver v11.2.0.1006 mod+signed by Fernando”.
To prevent the error code 05 I recommend to press F5 or F7 and to change the computer type while prompted to press F6.
Good luck!

Hello @Fernando ,
I have boot with CD and integrated the universal 32 bits ahci intel without the additional iastorf.sys. In my bios AHCI, i trying F5 in first and i click on “other computer” but install don"t detect the next step.
I have trying F7 to spam before menu F6 appaired in down text.
I go tell you the come back test

@yaceur
If your SATA connected target disk drive has been detected by the XP Setup, but the XP installation should fail nevertheless, you should look into >this< Forum Category.
This thread is just about the detection of the target disk drive running in AHCI mode.

I can tell you here or i need create a new topic ?

I just need go to AHCI for detected the disk normally when i go legacy and boot menu i see my disk. After when i go intel RST Premium i don"t see my disk data.

@yaceur
Your mainboard can use modern Intel SATA AHCI drivers with Optane support, but Windows XP is not able to get them working.
So you should be happy to get the outdated OS installed and working in AHCI mode.

The file TXTSETUP.OEM is only needed in version driver “v11.2.0.1006 mod+signed by me”? Вecause other versions don’t have the same file. I installed windows XP on Asus H270-Plus + i5-7400, and used the version v11.2.0.1006, AHCI, for DEV_A282 with TXTSETUP.OEM + nLite-1.4.9.3. Work fine.
Is it correct that the file TXTSETUP.OEM is not needed in the next versions (v11.7.4, 12.9.4, 13.1.0, v13.2.8, 14.8.18.1066, 15.9.8.1050, v16.8.5.1014, v17.11.3.1010, 18.37.7.1013)?

@tyempty
Welcome to the Win-Raid Forum!
All Intel AHCI and RAID driver versions need a file named TXTSETUP.OEM for the installation of old Windows Operating Systems up to Windows XP. That is why these drivers are named “textmode drivers”.
Among the Intel RST drivers only the oldest ones have gotten a TXTSETUP.OEM file from its manufacturer Intel. That is why the newer RST drivers cannot be used for the XP installation.

Hello @Fernando
How are you
Can you help me about my AHCI
I have implemented the ACHI driver on NLITE 1.9.3 XP.
i trying F5 F6 and F7 for installation windows XP.
I implemanted all drivers Universal RST or Generic for PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06D3&SUBSYS_12B91462&REV_00

But I can’t get to the installation window

@yaceur
Questions:

1. Which Intel AHCI driver version did you integrate (never load or integrate more than 1 textmode driver)?
  2. Did you boot off a CD/DVD or off an USB Flash drive?
  3. What do you mean with “Installation Window”?

Notes:

1. You should not integrate or load more than 1 textmode driver.
  2. The F5 and F7 buttons can be used to circumvent the ACPI driver problem, but have no impact on the detection of the target SSD/HDD for the OS installation.
  1. Which Intel AHCI driver version did you integrate (never load or integrate more than 1 textmode driver)? Generic 32bit Intel RST AHCI driver v11.2.0.1006 mod+signed by Fernando

I have just one pilot universal.
    I add the pilot and i Create iso Winlite and burn with PowerIso but i don’t know why isnt detect my disk data MBR
    When i do F6 don"t detect the drivers
  2. Did you boot off a CD/DVD or off an USB Flash drive? I use CD-RW for boot
  3. What do you mean with “Installation Window”? Error 7 and 5 BluesScreen loading files installation after crash. No contrats Windows XP for accept with F8

@yaceur
Yes, it is not easy to get Windows XP properly installed onto a modern PC.
That is why I recommend to use an old PC/notebook for such experience.
Unfortunately I am not able to help you.

In addition to integrating the driver Intel SATA AHCI/RAID, you also need to integrating ACPI.sys (This driver is different for intel and amd-based systems), and driver USB (AMD&Intel USB 3.0 xHCI drivers). Then create an .iso and burn a boot disk.
BIOS settings are also important.
Advanced\SATA Configuration > SATA Mode = [AHCI] (If you are integrating AHCI driver)
Fast Boot = [Disabled]
CSM “Compatibility Support Module” = [Enabled]
Boot Device Control = [Legacy OPROM]
Boot Storage Device = [Legacy]
Boot from PCI-e Expansion Device = [Legacy]
Secure Boot = [Disabled]
Legacy USB Support = [Enabled]
XHCI Hand-off = [Enabled]

I used a PS/2 mouse and PS/2 keyboard, and DVD optical drive to install Windows XP. Although, after integrating the usb drivers in .iso, my usb mouse was working also.
You can also try to install someone’s (one of the) ready-made build Win XP (SP3), with integrated drivers (Sata AHCI, ACPI, USB). At the same time, BIOS settings are also important.