Modded Intel AHCI and RAID Drivers (digitally signed)

@yaceur
If your SATA connected target disk drive has been detected by the XP Setup, but the XP installation should fail nevertheless, you should look into >this< Forum Category.
This thread is just about the detection of the target disk drive running in AHCI mode.

I can tell you here or i need create a new topic ?

I just need go to AHCI for detected the disk normally when i go legacy and boot menu i see my disk. After when i go intel RST Premium i don"t see my disk data.

@yaceur
Your mainboard can use modern Intel SATA AHCI drivers with Optane support, but Windows XP is not able to get them working.
So you should be happy to get the outdated OS installed and working in AHCI mode.

The file TXTSETUP.OEM is only needed in version driver “v11.2.0.1006 mod+signed by me”? Вecause other versions don’t have the same file. I installed windows XP on Asus H270-Plus + i5-7400, and used the version v11.2.0.1006, AHCI, for DEV_A282 with TXTSETUP.OEM + nLite-1.4.9.3. Work fine.
Is it correct that the file TXTSETUP.OEM is not needed in the next versions (v11.7.4, 12.9.4, 13.1.0, v13.2.8, 14.8.18.1066, 15.9.8.1050, v16.8.5.1014, v17.11.3.1010, 18.37.7.1013)?

@tyempty
Welcome to the Win-Raid Forum!
All Intel AHCI and RAID driver versions need a file named TXTSETUP.OEM for the installation of old Windows Operating Systems up to Windows XP. That is why these drivers are named “textmode drivers”.
Among the Intel RST drivers only the oldest ones have gotten a TXTSETUP.OEM file from its manufacturer Intel. That is why the newer RST drivers cannot be used for the XP installation.

Hello @Fernando
How are you
Can you help me about my AHCI
I have implemented the ACHI driver on NLITE 1.9.3 XP.
i trying F5 F6 and F7 for installation windows XP.
I implemanted all drivers Universal RST or Generic for PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06D3&SUBSYS_12B91462&REV_00

But I can’t get to the installation window

@yaceur
Questions:

1. Which Intel AHCI driver version did you integrate (never load or integrate more than 1 textmode driver)?
  2. Did you boot off a CD/DVD or off an USB Flash drive?
  3. What do you mean with “Installation Window”?

Notes:

1. You should not integrate or load more than 1 textmode driver.
  2. The F5 and F7 buttons can be used to circumvent the ACPI driver problem, but have no impact on the detection of the target SSD/HDD for the OS installation.
  1. Which Intel AHCI driver version did you integrate (never load or integrate more than 1 textmode driver)? Generic 32bit Intel RST AHCI driver v11.2.0.1006 mod+signed by Fernando

I have just one pilot universal.
    I add the pilot and i Create iso Winlite and burn with PowerIso but i don’t know why isnt detect my disk data MBR
    When i do F6 don"t detect the drivers
  2. Did you boot off a CD/DVD or off an USB Flash drive? I use CD-RW for boot
  3. What do you mean with “Installation Window”? Error 7 and 5 BluesScreen loading files installation after crash. No contrats Windows XP for accept with F8

@yaceur
Yes, it is not easy to get Windows XP properly installed onto a modern PC.
That is why I recommend to use an old PC/notebook for such experience.
Unfortunately I am not able to help you.

In addition to integrating the driver Intel SATA AHCI/RAID, you also need to integrating ACPI.sys (This driver is different for intel and amd-based systems), and driver USB (AMD&Intel USB 3.0 xHCI drivers). Then create an .iso and burn a boot disk.
BIOS settings are also important.
Advanced\SATA Configuration > SATA Mode = [AHCI] (If you are integrating AHCI driver)
Fast Boot = [Disabled]
CSM “Compatibility Support Module” = [Enabled]
Boot Device Control = [Legacy OPROM]
Boot Storage Device = [Legacy]
Boot from PCI-e Expansion Device = [Legacy]
Secure Boot = [Disabled]
Legacy USB Support = [Enabled]
XHCI Hand-off = [Enabled]

I used a PS/2 mouse and PS/2 keyboard, and DVD optical drive to install Windows XP. Although, after integrating the usb drivers in .iso, my usb mouse was working also.
You can also try to install someone’s (one of the) ready-made build Win XP (SP3), with integrated drivers (Sata AHCI, ACPI, USB). At the same time, BIOS settings are also important.

Is there a signed version for Intel Volume Management Device NVMe RAID Controller?

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_28C0&SUBSYS_00008086&REV_20
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_28C0&SUBSYS_00008086
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_28C0&CC_010400
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_28C0&CC_0104

@RobrPatty2
Yes, the “64bit Intel RSTe VROC NVMe RAID driver v8.6.0.2003 WHQL” natively supports your on-board Intel NVMe RAID Controller. You can find the download link >here<.

1 Like

Worked perfect. Thank you much sir! :grinning: