Msi z68ma-ed55 bios

I have a feeling this issue is BIOS related, however, MSI doesn’t seem to be supporting the board anymore.
I’m looking for either a modded bios that corrects this issue or some guidance that I’m on the right track before spending time trying to mod the bios myself.
Details can be found in this thread.

In short:

• I have a 10GTek X520-10-2S card that is replacing an older I350-T4.
  • It will only boot, once, reliably, if the following procedure is followed.
    1. Remove all ram except DIMM1
    2. Remove the X520 card
    3. Boot/POST successfully once or twice.
    4. Power off, install the X520
    5. Boot/POST
  • BIOS E7676IMS V11.1 link to BIOS
  • CPU Microcode 306A9/15
  • ME FW 8.1.2.1318
  • CPU: 1275v2 (Ivy Bridge)
  • Ram: 32GB (4x8) Ballistix 1600 1.35v

Thoughts, suggestions or updated bios would be greatly appreciated. I’m trying to keep this gear from becoming ewaste. This is running TrueNAS scale, and the hardware is plenty good for that task. I suspect that the firmwares are just out of date, and sadly, MSI stopped providing updates as Intel released them.

Hello, this is 2012 Z68 platform … MSI is not the only one not providing further updates to this platform… as expected past a decade.
If you wish to try an a bios mod file (@your own risk) with updated DXE/oROMs, you may take a look into this tool: [Tool Guide+News] “UEFI BIOS Updater” (UBU) - BIOS/UEFI Modding / BIOS Modding Guides and Problems - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

You will get something like this, original:
AS_it_is

After:

with updated mCodes:

Option to update the Intel ME8 FW also possible (side operation from bios mods), latest is 8.1.70.1589, guidance here:
Intel (Converged Security) Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools (2-15) - Special Topics / Intel Management Engine - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

Suggested method to flash the bios mod, M-Flash or USB boot to DOS, further guidance here:
[Guide] How to flash a modded AMI UEFI BIOS - BIOS/UEFI Modding / BIOS Modding Guides and Problems - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

Good luck

1 Like