MSI Z87-G45 Gaming (USB/Drivers issue)

Hi all. I know this is too stupid, but still. Please help me with all the drivers for this motherboard. I downloaded the drivers, installed them and periodically a bsod crashes for some driver and it’s not clear which one. I also noticed that if you connect something to any usb port and pull it out, the bsod also appears. So, if anyone has such an opportunity, send me an archive with all the necessary drivers, I will be very grateful. You don’t need a video card, there’s no problem with that. msi z87-g45 gaming motherboard, intel core i5-4670k processor. Huge gratitude.

We have to “guess” your OS… doesn’t this seem to you important information to provide on such post/request ?

After a clean OS installation, when/what stage does this happen?

EDIT: Then specify what drivers you got from ST… we would like to know if the issue is you, on selecting the appropriate driver or the issue is the driver itself…because Win 10 has almost every driver OOB for the Z87, so you’re installing updated ones from a certain package/source unknown to us.
A HWinfo hardware section .txt report will be useful for correct identify the other chipsets besides Intel one, like USB controllers etc…

For the Z87, the last on supported Intel Chipset package should be the: Intel_chipset_win_10.1.18010.8141_PV

Latest Intel packages versions dont have support for the Z87, anymore.
An optimized pack by Fernando is located here

1 Like

@YakovAbramenko
You had posted your request into a thread, where an optimized BIOS for an MSI Z87 G45 Gaming mainboard had been offered for interested users. So your request natively didn’t match (unti Meatwar has reorganized 2 different threads about the same mainboard).
By the way - since Intel’s Chipset Device Software Sets don’t install any real driver (= *.sys file), the related *.inf files cannot be responsable for any BSOD.

1 Like

I understand it. I’m just asking if anyone has the latest drivers for this motherboard and please share. I don’t know which driver is causing bsod and the problem with Usb ports. I only installed Intel Chipset, Intel MEI and sound card driver. I installed just this version of the chipset 10.1.18010.8141and Intel MEI is version 11.7.0.1069 and Audio(9239_FF00). I wonder why it shows that the keyboard and mouse are connected to USB 3.0? If they are currently connected to USB 2.0.

This is a standard Intel USB3.0 that Win 10 can handle it, without updated drivers, the OOB driver will work.
So it doesn’t seem a driver issue but a HW issue, if this USB controller (Intel USB3.0) is correctly installed in the windows device manager.
If not the onboard USB controller is faulty or the port(s) have a short, one of them can have a dmg pin, garbage, isolated etc… or the plugged device can have an issue also.

All this can be the cause of reported USB3 plugged devices, being them physically connected to the 2 USB2 black ports.
Another possibility is the connection from the PCH ic.
You will not be the first or last user with a damage onboard ISB controller/ports, plenty of mb still working when disable is possible or the IC is really death.

Each bios have several options on Enable/Disable USB controllers or single ports, start debug them.

EDIT: Ignore the reported (A4Tech) as we can’t rely on it if there’s an HW issue, the report is ok and all ports/controllers identified with no warning on them.

The Xeon identified is also OK, it comes from the Intel driver as its on the same Haswell family and they use same driver.

NOW… did you made any mods to the bios…?

1 Like

So the keyboard and mouse are connected to the motherboard, on top there are two USB 2.0 and PS/2. Below are the other connectors: network, vga, and so on. I learned that the mouse and keyboard are detected in the USB 3.0 connector in this HWiNFO program, but in fact they are connected to USB 2.0 precisely in the connectors soldered on the motherboard. I have attached the archive file, please look at this file. Maybe you will see some kind of problem or incorrect driver there. This point is also interesting. Intel(R) Xeon(R) processor E3 - 1200 v3/4th Gen Core processor DRAM Controller - 0C00. Where does this Xeon come from? It’s in the Intel Haswell-DT - Host Bridge/DRAM Controller section and more

Today I installed the latest version of the modified BIOS. This problem started when I started installing drivers not from the official website, but from station-drivers.com. For example: I downloaded the driver, it did not install, I downloaded another version - it installed. And so on for all drivers. And everything worked fine with the drivers from the off-site, but at that moment I did not have a modified BIOS. Maybe it’s worth trying to install a clean Windows and install the drivers, the versions I wrote above?

So, get back to the original bios for debug tests, if stable you’ll know the culprit.
And forget about driver issue or station-drivers.com… they are not the cause of your problem.

If you roll back the BIOS, then the ssd m2 will not work :frowning:
Fine. How can I find out about the Intel MEI driver? Do I have the correct version installed? And is it worth installing a driver for usb 3.0?

Well there’s no MIRACLES here sir… and i don’t care at all or will lose any more time with your issue, understood?
And next time… dont you dare to forget to mention MODS done before flooding the thread with posts about drivers…
You made the mod? Yes then redo again.
The mod is not yours? Go report and ask to who made it.

Your MEI is ok and correct
USB3.0 is OK and correct

chipset 10.1.18010.8141and Intel MEI is version 11.7.0.1069 and Audio(9239_FF00)
ITS ALL CORRECT AND OK in their versions.

All the best and good luck on the issue (identified…)

1 Like

I heard you. Thank you, I’ll try it. If there are any interesting moments, I will definitely write.