[Need Help] Bricked Surface Pro 5

Sorry, you don’t understand the concept. Expensive meaning durability and repairability was maybe the case a little earlier in the last century.

Today you got complete > 40.000$ vehicles stranded by f*#@ up firmware updates:

3 Likes

Hi there, I’m new to the forum and I also have some trouble with a Surface Pro 5. The problem is slightly different : lost touch capability after firmware update, but I think it might be related to this topic. I’m no expert for this kind of repair (I understand it’s not simple) but not a total newbie either (I was PHP developer before and like to manipulate electronics). I don’t want to waste anyone’s time, so my question is :

Could someone point me to a guide to repair the “firmware update” (or try to) or some kind of detailed steps so I can figure out where to start ?

Thanks

Please open your own thread, or maybe a mod may do this for you.

You need a dump of your firmware (CH341 programmer) in any case.

Regarding the touch: There was a possible fix posted at badcaps:
https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubleshooting-hardware-devices-and-electronics-theory/troubleshooting-laptops-tablets-and-mobile-devices/bios-requests-only/92053-ms-surface-no-touchscreen-after-cleaning-me-firmware-fix

But if I remember correctly this didn’t work for all machines.

2 Likes

Tôi cũng gặp tình trạng lên logo window rồi tắt rồi lên rồi tắt lặp đi lặp lại . tôi có thử bios bạn đăng lên nhưng chỉ lên logo window và đứng im

English speaking forum.

If you have problems with a Surface I’d recommend starting your own thread.
(Google translate might be of help.)

2 Likes

Hello I’m new. I have an error with surface pro 5 M1007506-015 . The situation shows the window logo then turns off and the logo appears again then turns off continuously like that. I tried another bios, loaded it into the bios chip with ch341 and the window logo just stood still and nothing happened. Is it still a bios error or a hardware error? please help . would like to thank

Sorry for the confusion regarding a new thread, seems moderator doesn’t agree.

Please post / attach your dump / backup of the original bios / firmware.

Can you please look at this bios dump, the surface laptop 4 stays stuck on windows logo and does not boot / get into UEFI. Thanks
SL4-original-v1.zip (6.2 MB)

Completely different machine. MS doesn’t provide a full firmware image. You dump contains 2 a 100% identical (redundant?) UEFI volumes, the proprietary AMD stuff in padding, and an a little messy NVRAM.

=> Sorry, nothing obvious in static parts, looks more lit hardware to me. You could try with empty NVRAM and see if / what it writes again into NVRAM when trying to start up but I foubt that will help you any farther.