Need help updating microcode for Intel dx79TO

Ok I have just bought and 2637v2 and tried to install on my Intel dx79TO and all I get is 00’s on the onboard lcd. Why does this not work? they are the same processor according to the mechanical pga. Why am I seeing all of these Chinese boards with bioses’ that are dually compatible with 2011v1 and 2011v2? When My seemingly more expensive board has no v2 support built in? If anybody has a way to Update the microcode from this bios > https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa…g%2FSI0650P.BIO < any Help with this would be appreciated, I am a noob when it comes to altering bioses’ or doing any coding of any sort. So any Help would be appreciated in this matter

Thanks, WuShu101

You must update something more than microcode,but also acpi,gop,ME module and so on.

How do I go about that? I have the .bio file from intel but i have no idea how to update it for v2 cpus, and when I see all of these v1/v2 chinese boards so I know that a bios exists and I have read on other forums that they have gotten the exact board that I have can actually run the v2 xeon procs. I need a modded bios with this capability, but have no Idea where to start.

You must take a SPI programmer to dump the full bios.
and mod it.
and flash it with SPI programmer too.

But I have no idea to mod it too,I am just a new comer.

@WuShu101 could you please link where you found that others have managed to get V2 working on this board?

This question gets asked semi-frequently about this board/board series. Intel never released a bios with V2 support.

@WuShu101 could you please link where you found that others have managed to get V2 working on this board?

This question gets asked semi-frequently about this board/board series. Intel never released a bios with V2 support.

I guess the post I was reading was closed with no solution(I may have been alittle over-faithful in intel) about 2 years ago on think it was linus techtips web. sorry no solution for this board/series out there but maybe support for 2011v2 for Asus’ sabertooth, what im gonna have to do. Sorry to disappoint, thanks for help guys.