nForce chipset problem with XP: How to check, whether the System drive is operating in SATA Mode?

Good afternoon

I Applied "…non-AHCI pack.7z\IDE\WinXP\sata_ide\nvgts.inf" to:
Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller,

after reboot:
nForce Serial SATA Controller yellow (!). :frowning:

What means “yellow”? Which error message did you get?

Dieter, See post #17.

This was after I tried applying nvgts.inf. I have tried so many nvgts.inf from vairous packs and I still get yellow mark.

I really just need to know what one to install. I find it weird that nvidia shows "installing nforce sata controller" when setup.exe is run, but after restart, it still shows standard dual channel PCI IDE controller.

In your opinion, do you think this is normal?

There is a problem with "Device|Harddisk1|DP(1)0-0+4|" when copying files to USB and I think its HDD related problem. I think misconfigured nforce is the cause 100%.

Like i said before, main reason behind this thread is USB copying problems.
Many people describe similar symptoms of USB devices hanging explorer.exe / system around 2009 on vista and win7.
I made a thread on another forum about this:

There is no file scanner or anti virus installed. The OS is virtually clean - no software.
I made a youtube video

Okay so I looked at logs in System Event Viewer>
Clear all events then copied files to USB to see what errors are logged

A parity error was detected on \Device\Ide\IdePort2.
The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk0\D.

nForce PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_056C&SUBSYS_2A65103C is what helped me.

@DontBugMe : Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

Which kind of help has it been? Your posted HardwareIDs verify, that the on-board nForce SATA Controller is running in IDE (not in AHCI or RAID) mode and neither needs nor can use any nForce SATA driver. The only matching SATA driver is the XP in-box MS IDE driver named pciide.sys.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)