NVIDIA: Optimized nForce Driverpacks for Win7-10

@myotovski :

Thanks for your feedback. I am glad, that you succeeded at the end and that I could help.

I can’t install the driver. I get no option from the installer and when I try to direct windows to the folder directly (the C:\Users\Sangramore\Desktop\Fernandos Latest 64bit nForce Driverpack for Win7-10 x64 v10.4\IDE\Win764\sataraid one I’m guessing) it just concludes the latest version is already installed.

Is there something I’m not getting here?

//Sangramore

It is not easy to get any NVIDIA nForce SATARAID driver manually installed, because you have to update the driver of several devices, before you are doing the reboot (you will be prompted to restart your computer after the driver update of each device, but don’t do it, otherwise you will get a BSOD while rebooting!).
Before you start the manual driver update from within the Device Manager, you have to hit the "View" tab and enable the option "show hidden devices". Furthermore you have to force the driver update by doing a right click onto the related device and choosing the options "Update Driver Software" > "Browse my Computer…" > "Let me pick…" > then hit the "Have Disk" button and navigate to the INF file of the SATARAID subfolder of the driver you want to get installed.
These are the devices, whose driver software have to be updated:
1. NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller (may be listed within the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" or "Storage Controllers" section of the Device Manager),
2. NVIDIA nForce RAID Controller (is within the "Storage Controllers" section) and
3. all NVIDIA nForce RAID Devices, which are listed within the "Storage Controllers" section (that are the HDDs, which are members of the RAID array and may be listed with a slightly different name).

The NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller was in the storage section but all drivers installed and no yellow exclamation points. Everything seems stable. Is there anything I can do to verify things? I mean, I didn’t really know what caused the BSOD to start with.

In any case… I very much appreciate your help.

Thank you.

//Sangramore

M/B: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M2NE/specifications/
HDD: 2 x WD3200AAJS 320Gb (RAID0)

Hello everybody. I installed Windows 7 “Ultimate” (64-bit) with standard driver that was in the distribution system. After logging in, I’ve been through the Device Manager and install Fernandos Special 64bit nForce RAID Driverpack (manually: IDE\sataraid\nvrd64.inf). After the reboot, the new hardware has been found and the system offered me second reboot. And then I saw BSOD: 0x0000007B. What did I wrong? This driver not exactly supports this chipset?

P.S. I apologize for any errors. I’m from Russia, so we had to use Google Translate.

@Avatar-Lion :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

The manual update of the NVIDIA nForce SATARAID drivers from within the Device Manager is not easy, because you have to update the driver software for all related NVIDIA nForce SATARAID devices (Serial ATA Controller, RAID Controller and RAID Devices), before you should reboot.
You can find >here< a detailed guide about how to do it.

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thanks, all worked well! I do not think about the hidden devices…

And one more thing: before the second restart (but after the "new device found") i also had to manually update the driver on hidden "nForce RAID Device" (default operating system is installed on it a standard driver, but I replaced it with nvrd64.inf).

Hello from Bulgaria :slight_smile:

I made a build with a ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe Mobo nforce 570 SLI and MCP55.

Basically the last existing nVidia SATA drivers are crap (win7 64bit).In ATTO on a 1TB TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 there is very jumpy behaviour with them reaching peak write transfer speed of a 134MB/sec at 16KB size and then dropping and being unable to go beyond 60MB/s the read is ok it is reaching the maximum speed of the HDD 208~209MB/sec at 32KB size and stays consistend.On a modern SATA3 Mobo the HDD is reaching consistend 190MB/sec writing and 210MB/sec reading.

So now to the drivers listed here that i tried.
With the Special 64 bit pack the drive is in SATA I mode marked in the driver details of the SATA controller but it is behaving as smoothly reaching at 32KB size 110MB/sec writing and 125MB/sec reading keeping this speeds with any larger chunks pretty consistent.
The system feels much more responsive despite the obvious lower max speed of the SATA I mode.

With the latest 64 bit pack the picture is not very different compared to the original nVidia drivers i downloaded from nVidia.With the difference that i believe it is again in SATA I cause the max read is unable to get beyond 127MB/sec and the write speed tops at 16KB chunks 84MB/sec and then droping to the already upsurd 48~55MB/sec no matter the size from here on.
The system feels slugish and slow.

So now my question :slight_smile: Is there any way with the Special 64bit driver pack to force SATA II mode ? I’m not using RAID.

@DARK :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your feedback!

No, but you can try to install the attached 64bit nForce SATA driver v6.99 WHQL manually from within the Device Manager.
You have to update the driver software of the NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller and to force the installation ("Let me pick…" > "Have Disk").
Please report here about the result of your test.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

64bit nForce SATA_IDE driver v6.99 WHQL.rar (323 KB)

Yeees.
I nstalled it for all the IDE/SATA controllers and works perfectly.The HDD is corectly put in SATA II mode with all Rad/Write Caching and Command queuing Enabled.In ATTO it is able to pull out maximum speed at 64KB chunks 180MB/sec write and 200MB/sec read keeping around that speeds with larger chunks.Still system kinda feels lagy compared to the Special 64bit RAID driver pack but there is no way for me to measure that so it might be just a feel :slight_smile: Thank you :slight_smile:

@DARK :
Thanks for your report, which will be interesting for many other nForce users, who want a better performance.
It is absolutely surprising, that this old nForce SATA driver, which had been designed by NVIDIA for Windows XP, obviously runs better even with the latest Windows Operating Systems than all the newer NVIDIA and MS ones.
As a consequence of your test results I am thinking about the presentation of an additional nForce driverpack, which contains the nForce SATA_IDE and SATARAID drivers v6.99 and will be usable with all MCP51/55/61 systems.

hello

so i m new here ,my english was be terrible :_(
i m usung win 10 and nforce 680sli ausus stiker extrem,so i ave the problem the download speed max 1,5-1,7 mbit lan kabel or wlan ,i dont now what i can do?

thx

@demetria :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Unfortunately the support of nForce chipsets by the latest Windows Operating Systems is horrible and NVIDIA doesn’t develop and release updated nForce drivers since 2010.
The only thing you may try is to replace the Win10 in-box Network Controller driver by an nForce Ethernet driver, which you can find within all nForce driverpacks, which I am offering within the start post of this thread.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

so i mean ist not the network driver who slow down,i testet with w lan stick the same speed

Maybe your internet connection is bad or has a very low bandwidth.

Oo not realy ist the only pc is so slow all another hast 80-90 mbit

In this case you should check your Network settings.

Hello Fernando,

I have some problems with nforce drivers on Windows 10. I have an ASUS p5n32e sli plus with NVIDIA Dual X16 SLI (C55+MCP55P; a.k.a. nForce®650i SLI & nForce®570 SLI). I have installed “Special nForce RAID Driverpacks for Win7-10” with SATARAID Driver (v9.99.09) and I get random bluescreens (mostly when I’m playing, but also whe the computer is leaved alone).

My configuration is:

CPU: Intel Q6600
RAM: 4 x 2GB Kingmax
HDD:
- 1 SSD conected in Sata_1
- 1 HDD conected in Sata_2
- 4 x HDD conected in Sata_3 - Sata_6 in RAID 0
Video: ATI HD6970

With Windwos 7/8/8.1 everything run smoothly without problems. In Windows 10 I recived random bluescreen, like I said before.

What driverpack you recomand me to use? As I read in this forum, I saw another user that have the same problem, with windows 10, and RAID array.

Thank you,
Mihnea Theodor TUDOR

@m1hn3a :
Hello Mihnea Theodor,
welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Yes, the available NVIDIA nForce drivers were developed for being used with Windows XP and Vista, but not with Windows 10. Vice versa Win10 doesn’t fully support old NVIDIA nForce chipsets.

Since your system obviously has problems with the nForce SATRAID drivers v9.99.09, you may manually install the nForce SATARAID drivers v11.1.0.43, which are within my "Latest nForce Driverpacks". You can find the exact procedure within >this< post. Most important: Don’t reboot unless you have verified, that all related NVIDIA nForce SATA and RAID devices (even the usually hidden ones) have been updated.
If you should not be satisfied with the latest available nForce SATARAID drivers v11.1.0.43, you can try to get the much older nForce SATARAID drivers v6.99 WHQL installed. Although these drivers have been designed by NVIDIA for being used with Windows XP, they definitively work with the newer Windows Operating Systems as well. If you want to try them, please let me know the architecture of your Win10 (32bit or 64bit) and I will attach the related SATARAID driver folder.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@Fernando
Hello,

In first place I want to thank you verry much for this forum, for answers and for your work

I have the same problems with nForce SATARAID drivers v11.1.0.43. I think Windows 10 just don’t want to work with nforce BIOS RAID, so I will disable RAID form bios and I will try with software raid from Windows(I think there should bo no problems), but I nedd some advices:

1. What do you recomand me to use: RAID from Disk Management or Storage Spaces from Windows 10, and why? I read SS does a good job.
2. What driver recomand to use for sata controller (that I will not use nforce RAID): v9.99.09/v11.1.0.43/Windows default (that is v10.something)/Standard IDE (that I use for SSD - port Sata_1.0 and Sata_1.1).

Thank you again!
Mihnea Theodor TUDOR