NVIDIA: Optimized nForce Driverpacks for Win7-10

Running Windows XP SP3 on an older PC, and would like to enable AHCI for the SATA drive.
BIOS supports AHCI, but currently Disabled due to lack of drivers.

Will driver support / can this driver be modified to support HardwareIDs 2920 and 2926???

Universal 32bit Intel RST AHCI+RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 mod+signed by Fernando

As per Windows XP Device Manager

Intel ICH9 2 port Serial ATA Storage Controller 2 - 2926
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2926&SUBSYS_102017AA&REV_02\3&61AAA01&0&FD

Intel ICH9 4 port Serial ATA Storage Controller 1 - 2920
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2920&SUBSYS_102017AA&REV_02\3&61AAA01&0&FA

Thank you.

@rickski Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Please have a look into the start post of >this< much better matching thread.
Your on-board Intel SATA AHCI Controller will definitively be supported by the mod+signed "Universal 32bit Intel RST AHCI+RAID driver v11.2.0.1006", but the installation will only work after having switched the SATA mode from "IDE" to "AHCI" within the BIOS.

No, because these are the DeviceIDs of the Intel SATA IDE Controllers, which are only active while running in "IDE mode". If you want to run your XP in "AHCI mode", you will have to switch the SATA mode to "AHCI" within the BIOS.
This is what I recommend to do:

1. Check the exact DeviceID of your on-board Intel SATA AHCI Controller (after having switched the SATA mode to "AHCI" within the BIOS). The DeviceID is either DEV_2922 or DEV_2929 (depending on the specifich ICH9 Southbridge of the mainboard).
  2. Integrate the support of the related Intel SATA AHCI Controller into the XP CD Image according to >this< guide.
  3. Install XP in AHCI mode by booting off the customized XP Image.

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Ok Dieter. Thanks for the info.

I have tried to install: Intel RST drivers v11.2.0.1006 dated 05/30/2012

Before I have installed the Cert. (it’s also visible in trusted cert. section of the cert. manager). The installation works fine and the driver was get installed.

But if I check the driver in device manger, it show me: Not digitally signed

Any idea to fix it?

Hello @Fernando ! found this forum while searching for a fix for my retro build and I’m hoping you can help me a bit.
Like I said, I am trying to build a retro pc based on socket 939 AGP ( Gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939 ), Athlon FX-60 dual core, Geforce 6800GT agp, one 120Gb sata3 SSD, etc, on Windows 7 64bits…I had some issues at first because my ssd wouldn’t be recognized in bios at all… I fixed this by enabling “optimized defaults” ( lol ). After that, I could install Windows 7 64bits and the usual drivers. Problem is, my 6800GT Agp is working at PCI speeds, from what I can see in Gpu-Z, therefore performing a lot worse than it should be, most probably because I can’t install the motherboard’s chipset drivers like GART, because of incompatibility with Win7 -NFORCE3 and probably dual core cpus ( Windows would not boot after installing them ) ?. Is there any chance I can make it work with your drivers? if so, which driver do you recommend me to try and how ?

@Viewestar
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
The only one among my offered nForce driverpacks, which matches your system, is the “Special 64bit nForce3-4 LEGACY Driverpack for Win7-10 x64 v10.6”.
Since I don’t have access my own to any nForce chipset system, you will have to test the included drivers yourself.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

I just tried installing the Gart driver from that pack both in the classic and the “have disk” way ( after digitally signing them with that script ). Sadly, it doesn’t work, system goes into repair mode after restating. The NVIDIA nForce3 250 AGP Host to PCI Bridge in device manager only finds “nv_agp.inf” when I try to update it via “have disk”, if this matters. I don’t think I can make this OS recognize my 6800GT as running in AGP 8x mode…

@Viewstar
Unfortunately I am currently not able to help you regarding this issue, because I am far away from my home and my NVIDIA nForce driver archives.

Meanwhile I switched to XP Pro 64bits SP2, since the Gart driver ( v 4.3.4.0 )works here and my 6800gt is running normally at 8x AGP speed. Problem is, Trim isn’t working anymore on my ssd because of Win XP. Is there any way to fix this issue on this retro operating system ?

Hi @Fernando ,

There is small bug in few INFs. I have checked with signtool only x86 files for now.

32bit nForce LEGACY drivers v6.99 for XP mod by Fernando
Fernandos nForce LEGACY Remix Driverpack for XP 32bit v9.0a

Problem is specially in nvraid.inf

nvcoi.dll in [nvraid.coinstfiles] is missing from [SourceDisksFiles] section in \nvraid.inf; driver may not sign correctly until this is resolved.

@George_King
Thank you for your hint.
I followed your advice, added the nvcoi.dll to the listed “SourceDisksFiles” within the nvraid.inf file and gave the driverpack a new digital signature.
Please test the linked driverpacks and give me your feedback. If both driverpacks are ok for you, I will replace the related download links within the start post of this thread.
By the way - the second and third ones of your listed driverpacks are identical. That is why have only customized 2 of them.
Here are the download links to the refreshed driverpacks:
32bit nForce LEGACY drivers v6.99 for XP mod by Fernando

@Fernando I have checked x64 versions too and they have same issue

Hi Fernando, i ask you to support me to make working my DFI LanParty UT NF3 250Gb with an ATI Sapphire 4650HD in Windows Vista / Windows 7 x86.
I’ve disabled from BIOS the AC97 on board, and it was working perfecly in Vista with the latest video driver (13.9 AMD Catalyst). But when i’ve tried to upgrade to Windows 7, it gave a BSOD after the end of installation at the first boot, so the installation had proceeded with a return to Vista and after this, also in Vista it doesnt work anymore (works only with Standard VGA driver)… why??? I would like to use Windows 7 resuming my old agp motherboard, upgrading it with the more recent overthere described ATI videocard. Please, can you help me?
Thank you,
Marcoland

@marcoland
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Since your problem is obviously caused by the ATI graphics card and not by any nForce chipset driver, I cannot help you.
My tip: Try another old graphics card.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@Fernando
Thanks for the welcome!
What do you mean with "your problem is obviously caused by the ATI graphics card". What kind of problem? I thought it was just a compatibility problem between outdated or inadequate drivers. For a moment I thought that it was enough to disable the AC97, everything worked in both XP and Vista. But after the last upgrade with Windows 7 no longer works even in Vista.
Bye,
Marcoland

@marcoland
What happens, when you remove the ATI graphics card, re-enable the on-board AC97 adapter and then try to upgrade to Win7?

@Fernando
I’ll try, thanks. I’ll try to upgrade to windows7 with an old nvidia 6800 instead.

EDIT:
in the meantime, please could you read these, there are several examples that it should be resolved, but I can’t find my specific case (Mobo & videocard)
forum.hardwareheaven.com/threads/asus-ah4650-agp-issues-ati-hd-4650.191399/
hwupgrade.it/forum/showthread.php?t=1984785

I really hope you can help me, thanks

@Fernando
Hi Fernando, I receive the same error message in both cases (with both ATI and nVidia).

"The upgrade was not successful. Your previous version of Windows is being restored. Do not restart your computer during this time."

I think there is a problem that doesn\

@marcoland
As I already have written, I cannot help you.
This thread is about NVIDIA’s nForce chipset drivers, but not about Graphics drivers.
My last tip: Uninstall the in-use graphics driver, reboot, make sure, that the OS uses the generic in-box MS Basic Graphics Adapter driver, and then try to upgrade the OS to Win7.
This way you should get Win7 installed and you can try to manually update the in-use graphics driver thereafter.