@marcoland
What happens, when you remove the ATI graphics card, re-enable the on-board AC97 adapter and then try to upgrade to Win7?
@Fernando
Iâll try, thanks. Iâll try to upgrade to windows7 with an old nvidia 6800 instead.
EDIT:
in the meantime, please could you read these, there are several examples that it should be resolved, but I canât find my specific case (Mobo & videocard)
forum.hardwareheaven.com/threads/asus-ah4650-agp-issues-ati-hd-4650.191399/
hwupgrade.it/forum/showthread.php?t=1984785
I really hope you can help me, thanks
@Fernando
Hi Fernando, I receive the same error message in both cases (with both ATI and nVidia).
"The upgrade was not successful. Your previous version of Windows is being restored. Do not restart your computer during this time."
I think there is a problem that doesn\
@marcoland
As I already have written, I cannot help you.
This thread is about NVIDIAâs nForce chipset drivers, but not about Graphics drivers.
My last tip: Uninstall the in-use graphics driver, reboot, make sure, that the OS uses the generic in-box MS Basic Graphics Adapter driver, and then try to upgrade the OS to Win7.
This way you should get Win7 installed and you can try to manually update the in-use graphics driver thereafter.
I donât know if this is still alive but,
Hello Fernando! Just reaching you out because I have a issue with a second delay (1000ms classpnp.sys spike) on my rig.
PC Rig:
ASRock N68-GS4 USB3/FX
AMD FX-6300
2x Hyper Fury 4GB DDR3 (1333MHz)
Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD (IDE Mode)
Windows 10 Pro
NVIDIA Serial ATA Controller 10.6.0.24 (nvstor.sys 10.6.0.23)
NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller 7.3.1.7336 (nvmf6264.sys 7.03.01.07335)
Realtek Audio Driver 6.0.1.8186 (downloaded from Realtek the R2.82)
I noticed that it uses RAID driver instead of IDE, is it normal or use your driverpack?
HardwareIDs:
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_03F6&SUBSYS_03F61849&REV_A2
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_03F6&SUBSYS_03F61849
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_03F6&CC_010185
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_03F6&CC_0101
Matching Device ID:
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_03F6&CC_0101
Any dice?
@NickoMode
Welcome to the Win-Raid Forum!
If your SATA drive is running in âIDEâ mode, the nForce RAID driver will not be installed.
Good luck!
Fernando thanks for your reply, Iâm still wondering if I should install Microsoft default serial controller driver or sata ide driver from your driver pack. Kinda dumbfounded on the last part, cheers!
You will have to test it yourself. Since more than 15 years I have no own experience with an nForce chipset PC.
Hey man, thanks again for your brilliant help with the microsoft driver. As it turned out, it downloaded a nForce RAID driver from the windows update and it was falling back to a slower IDE (?) but now thatâs gone, your driverpack installed the proper IDE driver just like the old last NVIDIAâs nForce driver (from their site) that installed an incompatible device for Win10. So far, the ethernet has also been great because of the ndis.sys dpc spike and the dpc spike from classpnp.sys seems to be sorted out as it no longer stalls the system with itâs system calls (or whatever goes through). Iâm willing to use this in the future if I ever go to upgrade Win 11 (without AI tech) since I have 0% dice on the drivers there.
Thank you and happy new year!
Sincerely,
~Nick.
One last question:
Do I need the NVIDIA RAID service to run as startup as Iâm on SATA IDE?
@NickoMode
If your on-board nForce SATA Controller is running in IDE mode, the NVIDIA RAID service will not even been accepted by the OS.
@Fernando Could you please digitally sign the 64-bit GART driver in your âFernandos Special 64bit nForce3-4 LEGACY Driverpack for Win7-10 x64 v10.6â driverpack?
Only ânv_agp.catâ has a digital signature. ânv_agp.sysâ and ânvcog.dllâ need Win-RAID CA signature as well, in order for the GART driver to be able to work without Windows 7 being in the test mode. Could you please give the certificate to these two files as well?
You can see for yourself on the screenshot that âDigital Signaturesâ tab is missing:
@MisterNo
Unfortunately I am not able to send you the requested driver. The digital signature of a driver is usually layed down within the associated *.cat file and is valid for all *.dll and *.sys files, which belong to the driverpack. The signature is only readable by doing a right-click onto the associated *.cat file and choosing the option âPropertiesâ > âDigital Signatureâ.
Attached is the 64bit NVIDIA nForce GART driver v4.3.4 with all associated files, which has just been freshly digitally signed by me.
freshly signed 64bit NVIDIA GART driver v4.3.4.rar (92.2 KB)
As you can verify yourself, the details of my digital signature can only be seen for the *.cat file.
By the way - not even the *.sys and *.dll files of the original and WHQL signed NVIDIA nForce GART driver v4.3.4 have an own digital signature.
Tip: The Win-Raid CA Certificate itself can be imported by using NTLite. Look >here<.
Good luck!
@Fernando Wow, thank you very much for the quick response!
Unfortunately, the result with your newly signed driver is the same as with the previous GART driver from Win7-10 x64 10.6 driverpack - it works perfectly in test mode, but as soon as I disable test mode I get the following message at Windows 7 boot: âWindows cannot verify the digital signature for nv_agp.sysâ.
As far as I know about digital driver signatures, all *.dll and *.sys files within the driverpack have to be signed.
It is indeed true that NVIDIA nForce3 GART driver v4.3.4 doesnât have a digital signature, but that is because it is a Windows XP64 driver and at that time digital signature was not mandatory for Windows drivers. Only with Windows 7 x64 (or was it Vista x64?) digital signatures became mandatory. That is the reason why ânv_agp.sysâ and ânvcog.dllâ are not signed in the original XP64 v4.3.4 driver.
Look at the Microsoft Windows 7 x64 nForce3 GART driver that comes as a default after Windows 7 installation, it definitely has a digital signature:
And this is what I have after I install your signed driver:
So, the driver package as a whole has a digital signature, but the files ânv_agp.sysâ and ânvcog.dllâ donât. The end result is that Windows needs to be in test mode in order to use the driver.
Win RAID-CA digital certificate is successfully imported in Windows, there are no problems with that.
Are you sure there is no way for you to get the digital signature for ânv_agp.sysâ and ânvcog.dllâ?
I have tried it today, but didnât succeed.
All files, which are required for a proper function of a driver, are listed within the textfile named *.inf. The *.cat file contains the information about the digital signature of all driver files. If any of them will be modified thereafter, the signature of the complete driverpack is broken.
OK, thanks for your help. But, just for the info: I havenât modified any of the files from your latest signed driver, nor from the âSpecial 64bit nForce3-4 LEGACY Driverpack for Win7-10 x64 v10.6â.
Here is a screenshot from the link you gave me in your previous post:
Even there at NTLite forum it is said that all *.dll and *.sys driver files have to be signed.
@MisterNo
All associated files are digitally signed, when the related *.cat file shows a valid signature.
OK, never mind. Test mode is not a deal-breaker for me, the important thing is that I can use my dual-core AMD X2 6400+ with a 3850 AGP card in Windows 7 x64 thanks to your nForce3 GART driver.
Using it without the need for Windows to be in the test mode would be a bonus, so if any of the other users of the forum know a little bit more as to why this driver cannot work without test mode enabled - please share your insight.
Thank you Fernando once more for all your help.
@Fernando I believe I found what is causing the problem with the digital signature of the GART driver in Windows 7 x64. It is the SHA256 encryption.
Last week I tried numerous times on two different nForce3 motherboards to get the GART driver recognized as signed, but I havenât succeeded. Here is what I tried: Windows 7 x64 SP1 was first freshly installed on both systems, Win RAID-CA digital certificate was then successfully imported and then I tried to install the driver with Digital Signature Enforcement enabled. It didnât work. Every time on boot I had to press F8 and disable Digital Signature Enforcement and then the driver worked flawlessly.
Then I installed all Windows 7 x64 updates up to 2024 (including all updates needed for SHA256 patch for windows 7 x64) and it still didnât work. I googled a lot about this issue (signing Windows 7 drivers with SHA256 algorithm) and indeed there are reports on different forums that it sometimes simply doesnât work, like in my case.
So, in conclusion, do you still maybe have older LEGACY Driverpack for Win7-10 x64 prior to v10.6 that is digitally signed with SHA1? And if you donât, could you please give it one more try and sign the GART driver with SHA1? The driver itself works great, it would be a shame to leave it like thisâŚ



