[OFFER] Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 BIOS/UEFI v3802 +NVMe mod

@nuovagrafica

as requested for discussion, here is a modded/updated version for your particular board.

EFI_ROM stock:

Asus P8Z68_V_PRO_GEN3_V3802N_EFI_ROM stock_01_02_2021.png

EFI_ROM modded:

Asus P8Z68_V_PRO_GEN3_V3802N_EFI_ROM update_01_02_2021.png

microcode update:

manual NMVe mod: UPDATED TO NVMeDxe5.Ffs Nov 14, 2023

The modded BIOS is based on the version 3802 which is the lastest published version for your motherboard.

NOTE the existing Intel ME: 8.0.2.1410 should be upgraded to –> 8.1.70.1590 updated in ME Region PRIOR to BIOS flashing
Edit Feb 16, 2021

Note the Intel Management Engine version in the photo above!

Further observe the non empty padded files; which implies the NVMe mod should be done using MMTool 4.50.0023.

** Your board should be upgraded to ME 8.1.70.1590 before you update the BIOS. Copy the contents of IntelME.zip to the root of a DOS boot drive, boot from it and run flash.bat
(doing this in advance speeds up the BIOS flashing procedure quite a bit and prevents possible ME version clash issues).

Cheers

Hans

P8Z68-V-PRO-GEN3-ASUS-3802N.rar (4.1 MB)

@nuovagrafica

NOTE the existing Intel ME: 8.0.2.1410 should be upgraded to → 8.1.70.1590 updated in ME Region PRIOR to BIOS flashing

As an alternate to the above, the BIOS/UEFI below uses the Small NVMe mod as shown below:

ASUS_P8Z68_V_PRO_GEN3_V3802N_small_NVMe_mod.png

All other EFI/ROM and microcode updates remain the same as above.

I’ll assume you’ve got a proper thermal paste and reseated your CPU and heatsink.

After you’ve reloaded the “Setup Defaults” to your bios; reset your computer, and then enter your preferred custom settings on reboot.

Cheers

P8Z68-V-PRO-GEN3-ASUS-3802N.rar (4.09 MB)

Habe das Bios installiert und wie ein Wunder wurde meine M.2 NVMe SSD erkannt. Danke super Arbeit.

@bergma

Super und Bitte! :wink: :innocent:

So I just flashed this onto my ASUS Z68V PRO Gen3 board…after flashing the IntelME update…rebooted but if I select UEFI Boot etc the PC won’t boot and I can’t get back into the BIOS I have to reset the CMOS…so what gives…the new modded BIOS I thought was supposed to allow UEFI boot from M.2 SSDs etc.

@2Old2Slow
[HowTo] Get full NVMe Support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS - Special Topics / NVMe Support for old Systems - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

Step 4 - Installation of the OS onto the NVMe SSD

Im not sure if this board requires CSM OFF (Pure UEFI boot) or Auto

Thanks for replying…my other non Pro board boots fine in uefi mode with the modded 3603 bios…but the pro after flashing the intelME update and the .rom in this thread…in the first post…won’t even save in the bios …bios locks up and I have to reset back to default with a CMOS reset. Both boards have unlocked CPUs running closed loop water blocks so I’d like to keep them going … anyway thanks again.

I reread the install OS setup stuff you linked to…I think that has answered an issue I had on my p8z68v-gen3 board, the one that does boot with uefi mode enabled…so thanks for reminding me of that thorough detailed explanation…I only read it once when I first joined and most of it went over my head…

P8Z68-V-PRO-GEN3-ASUS-3802N.rar I downloaded from this post is corrupted. Could anyone please shared the mod BIOS again? THANKS

works here, check your download software, latest winrar is v6.22

Cheers

Hans

1 Like

Thanks.
Switch a browser and worked.

Hi there! Could you say to me what were the procedures did you take in order to install OS into NVME? Have you updated the Intel ME? I couldn’t find the files to update it, nor any tutorial teaching how to do this update. So I updated my bios without updating Intel ME. Bios is functioning ok, but when I try to install windows 11 into the nvme, a message is shown saying my bios have no suport to GPT.
My english is very limited, my head is anching of trying things work without success.

So thing is…

P8Z68-V PRO/GEN 3 does not have options to desable secure boot. At least I didn’t find it anywhere. What have you done?

Could you describe the steps you did in order to boot your nvme ssd in this board?

Any hint will help.

@The_Fuzileiro

You need to learn how to use the search function.

The Intel ME region update to version 8.1.70.1590 procedure is found here :rofl::

Also file updated to support NVMeDxe5.Ffs in post #1 above. Nov 14, 2023

Cheers

Hans

@The_Fuzileiro

This board dates from 2011 so you should try to install Windows 10; as Windows 11 isn’t technically supported due to lack of TPM 2.0 etc…

Further, as others have noted there is no CSM in the BIOS to switch on or off. If you can find a Samsung PRO 950 256GB or Samsung 950 PRO 512GB this has the built in *.ROM to allow booting into a non UEFI environment.

Cheers

Hans

Read the first post describing the full update process and any subsequent posts. The ME update has to be done BEFORE updating the BIOS.