[OFFER] ASUS X99-E WS/USB 3.1

Thanks. Very helpful.

I can confirm the MSR is unlock with the above BIOS.
I am still a bit disappointed with the board/bios in that it somehow does not recognize a generic PCIE NVME adapter card. It somehow has a setting for the Asus Hyper M.2. Not sure if they ā€œlockā€ it to support Asus product only (My lowly Gigabyte Z97 from 1-2 generation back could support this).

I note that you have the AMI UEFI NVME feature. Not sure if this supports PCIe adapter NVME.

Also how about PCIe bifurcation? I noted this has been requested for other ASUS x99 before. Is the implementation very difficult?

Strange, my previous M2 drive was samsung 970. And now Im on the Intel optane 900p. All works fine. I know you mention PCIE, but it actually all one bus. And also I have LSI RAID PCIe adapter also works fine.

I think PCIe bifurcation could be a difficult to implement, even if some bios mod already exist for x99 chipset, cause the board have several pcie bridges and switches. Only if you have mod for the same
board topology and chipset.

I will be happy if I can get a single NVME to work on the a PCIe M.2 adapter card.

The single slot adapter cards should work but somehow doesnā€™t on mine. The card is powered (has a blue LED) but the NVME is not detected. Will play around some more and trying other slots.

Iā€™m confused by Slot 2. It appears to be the only x4 and can be coming off both the CPU and PCH.

Ok. Generic PCIe M.2 adapters work. Just that you canā€™t see it from the BIOS. Mine canā€™t be ā€œsecure eraseā€.