[OFFER] EVGA Z370 Classified K BIOS unlocked

this BIOS modified by you does not underestimate the processor temperature? so-as I’m afraid of overheating

@OneShot I have not modified anything to do with CPU temperature in any BIOS here.

I have monitored the CPU package temp as well as the internal diodes for reading the core temps and they seem to be accurate, throttling at 100°C on the Z370 Classified K.

“Intel allows the standard of 9900k tjmax to be 115c” and the Z370 throttles at 100°C so no danger of overheating.

Based on BIOS from post #16 above, update by request

1. Update ME FW 11.8.50.3425 >> Update to >> 11.8.71.3630 (Not latest, but latest clean RGN we have)

2. Update Intel RST >>
EFI RST 17.2.5.4046 >> Update to >> v17.8.0.4507
OROM RST 17.2.5.4046 >> Update to >> v17.8.0.4507

3. Update ALL CPU Microcodes to latest as of 4/18/2020

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…502525412682324

The update was successful thank you!

Note that if you saved overclocking profiles from a BIOS with older ME FW that they won’t load in a modified BIOS with updated ME FW version.

you can throw them on a flash drive, then you can upload them to the new firmware and never lose them

The update was successful thank you!

hello again, I noticed that I can not find the HPET option although it is visible in AMIBCP5

http://f26.ifotki.info/org/2404d56d2f321…89370207271.png

@OneShot - looks like I need to make it visible for you, it’s probably suppressed in setup, I will do tonight

----------------

@chinobino - can you further edit this BIOS below please, and update GOP/VBT, to at least 221, but maybe 228?
I see discussion and batch for 221-228 on end of BMP thread, but I am not familiar with update of GOP/VBT and I tried to use info at bottom of post one to do the manual VBT update using BMP from 212 to 221 and get errors/crash even trying that, so can’t do 212 >> 221 >> 228 without
Thanks!

@OneShot -
This BIOS contains the following changes, including edits from previous at #23

Based on BIOS from post #16 here - [REQUEST] Hide Specific BIOS Options for EVGA Z370 Classified K (2)

1. Update ME FW 11.8.50.3425 >> Update to >> 11.8.71.3630 (Not latest, but latest clean RGN we have)

2. Update Intel RST >>
EFI RST 17.2.5.4046 >> Update to >> v17.8.0.4507
OROM RST 17.2.5.4046 >> Update to >> v17.8.0.4507

3. Update ALL CPU Microcodes to latest as of 4/18/2020

New as of 4/23/2020 -

4. Update vBIOS - From >>
OROM VBIOS SKL-AML 1059 Update To >> 1062

5. Reveal HPET setting >> Advanced >> PCH-IO >> High Precision Timer

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…977983654480195

@Lost_N_BIOS Working on it :wink:

@chinobino - awesome, and thank you!
I think maybe the new quick VBT update guide at bottom of BMP is not quite written perfectly, or worded 100% as it should be, because as soon as I do step >> 8) Open file ‘vbt_set.ssf’ and Apply All it starts giving me errors and then crashes out.
Or, maybe I was doing something wrong, hard to say, I never have updated VBT before, only swapped in new GOP and I do the vBIOS all the time without issue.

I planned to go from 212 to 221 manually, and then use dsank’s script from here pos347 to go from 221 to 228

Anyway, thank you for putting in the time to update this for @OneShot !

@OneShot @Lost_N_BIOS

I hit a few snags today, my Classified K wouldn’t connect to my LG 4K TV at all using the onboard Intel HDMI 2.0 port with any BIOS (even stock) so I couldn’t test 2160p with HDR.

The HDMI port works fine on both of my other monitors so I have tested up to 1050p only.

The onboard Intel display port (v1.2) works at 2160p with an active DP to HMDI 2.0 cable but DP v1.2 doesn’t support HDR so once again I couldn’t test it.

Here is a BIOS with GOP 1086 and VBT 221 - I also modified a string to replace ‘1059’ VBIOS OROM version with ‘1062’ (cosmetic fix).

EVGA Z370 Classified K-E379_114-Mod-UPD-RST-ME-uCode-vBIOS-HPET+GOP1086+VBT221.7z

The filename name is now rediculously long so feel free to rename it.

When I attempt to parse the 221 ssf with dsanke’s batch script every segment that needs modification returns;

[total hits/matching patterns/non-matching patterns]
1 files checked, 0 changed.

Maybe Lost_N_BIOS can update the GOP VBT from 221 to 228.

Thanks @chinobino - So, vBIOS 1059 sign-on was still there?? I used the new batch clone tool this time, instead of doing by hand, and I even checked that after edit was done because this was first time I used that clone tool
Where did you see 1059, in the orom vBIOS? If yes, then something needs fixed in that new clone tool, it seemed to work correctly, and I checked the cloned version sign-on message afterward in BMP and it was changed to 1062 (just re-checked as I posted this too)
I guess I’ll stick to doing manually like I have for year or two, I was concerned that clone thing worked to fast and easily, it actually made me wonder if it even really updated/cloned over the new settings into the vBIOS at all.
Now, I wonder even more, waiting to see where you saw 1059 still! I may have to redo this vBIOS manually, should have from the get-go I guess, but I thought “hey, new tools, lets see”

I can’t do VBT at all, at least I couldn’t with 212 to 221, unless I missed something, tried a few times and only errors then crashes. So I doubt I can do 221 to 228, plus I planned to use the script you said that isn’t working for this one.

* Edit @OneShot - I redid the vBIOS w/ manual edit, 5 bytes difference vs using the clone vBIOS tool when comparing with the clone vBIOS I put in previous edit vs new vBIOS
Chinobino - I still do not see 1059 in my clone vBIOS from before either, checked the vBIOS itself I used, and the BIOS I sent out with UEFITool hex view at module, shows 1062?
Anyway, here is new BIOS with vBIOS done manually + above changes by Chinobino to VBT/GOP

And yes, that is one long file name we have going on here
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…760871654933657

@Lost_N_BIOS The best way to show you the 1059 string is with this image (this is after I changed it to 1062);

[[File:GT2_(0x3E98)_VBIOS_1062.gif|none|auto]]

The 1062 VBIOS OROM loads in CSM mode and can be verified in the Intel Graphics Command Center;

Intel_Graphics_Command_Centre_VBIOS_1062.jpg

I also updated the MCDP2800 LSPCON firmware from 1.69 CV1.0 to 1.77 CV1.1 and the HDMI port still won’t work with my LG 4K TV so no 4K Blu Ray playback for me - which was the whole reason for choosing this motherboard!

Dsanke’s script may well work - I might be doing something wrong, would you mind giving it a try if you have a spare moment?

GT2_(0x3E98)_VBIOS_1062.gif

@OneShot requested me to upload my modified BIOS in PM but I have uploaded here in case others want it.

Changelog;

• CPU Type, Signature (CPUID), Stepping & µcode displayed on ‘Overclock’ page at the bottom
• Memory ‘RTL-IOL Configuration’ menu unlocked (read only)
• Advanced ‘Power & Performance’ Menu unlocked
• Advanced ‘OverClocking Performance Menu’ unlocked
• Advanced ‘System Agent (SA) Configuration’ menu unlocked
• Advanced ‘PCH-IO’ Menu unlocked
• Speedshift enabled by default
• XTU Interface enabled (shows ‘Memory’ tuning option in Intel XTU)
• XTU ‘Real Time Memory’ timing unlocked in XTU (shows Secondary and Tertiary RAM timings - read only)
• PL4 limit increased to maximum 1023999
• iGPU enabled by default
• IRST Premium & OPTANE enabled by default
• RAID OROM & EFI modules updated to 17.8.0.4507
• VBIOS updated to 1062 (VBT 209)
• GOP updated to 1086 (VBT 221)
• 906EC µcode downgraded to 84

1E379114_mod3.zip

@chinobino - Yes, I seen image of that before, this is not in the orom vBIOS, but something in the BIOS cache or stored in NVRAM from previous correct?
I double checked that vBIOS/BIOS I initially posted, done with the clone tool, and sign-on string was 1062, that’s why I was confused about where you meant you changed this (still unsure, since it can’t be in vBIOS orom - BIOS at #28 and 31 both show 1062 in sign-on string)
Yes, I will try script for 221-228

I wonder why it’s not working for your TV! You would normally use PCIE Card for that correct though, correct?

@chinobino - That’s all I get too >> 1 files checked, 0 changed << For all instances?

@dsanke needs to look at this BIOS VBT (we want 221 to 228 using your script) - Thanks!
Maybe something in his script needs changed, or he needs to explain how it’s used to apply changes, since it only appears to check file as-is and does not make changes?

* Edit - @OneShot - Per request - Edit to mod3 above - Enable PCH-IO >> HPET - http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…715308871037926

@Lost_N_BIOS

Yes it is not read directly from the OROM, I thought it was being pulled from the BIOS region and then being cached?

Oh, maybe I had my BIOS switch set to the stock BIOS when I checked it - I was pretty annoyed by that point (4 HDMI cables tested on 3 HDMI ports and nothing worked!) and may have overlooked it.

The string is here in AMIBCP;

[quote="Lost_N_BIOS, post:35, topic:34145"] Yes, I will try script for 221-228

I wonder why it's not working for your TV! You would normally use PCIE Card for that correct though, correct? [/quote]
Yep, the GTX1060 HDMI port works fine with 4K and HDR so either the onboard HDMI port is faulty (likely) or *maybe* my TV had a firmware upgrade at some point that made it stop working (although I doubt it).

[quote="Lost_N_BIOS, post:35, topic:34145"] @chinobino - That's all I get too >> 1 files checked, 0 changed << For all instances?

dsanke needs to look at this BIOS VBT (we want 221 to 228 using your script) - Thanks!
Maybe something in his script needs changed, or he needs to explain how it's used to apply changes, since it only appears to check file as-is and does not make changes? [/quote]
Yes!

@OneShot I was trying to work out why Throttlestop constantly showed ‘EDP other’ in yellow under its ‘Limit Reasons’ like this;

EDP_OTHER.png

I was testing PL4 but it had no effect, I came to these conclusions;

1. If AVX Ratio Offset is 0 then ‘Ring Ratio’ can be set to anything and ‘EDP other’ doesn’t show.

NO_EDP_OTHER.png

e.g. CPU multiplier x47, AVX ratio offset 0 (AVX ratio x47), Ring ratio x47

2. If AVX Ratio Offset is not 0 then maximum ‘Ring Ratio’ must be set at least 3 bins below the AVX CPU multiplier in the BIOS.

e.g. #1 - CPU multiplier x50, AVX ratio offset 3 (AVX ratio x47), Ring ratio x44

e.g. #2 - CPU multiplier x51, AVX ratio offset 4 (AVX ratio x47), Ring ratio x44

e.g. #3 - CPU multiplier x52, AVX ratio offset 4 (AVX ratio x48), Ring ratio x45

e.g. #4 - CPU multiplier x50, AVX ratio offset 1 (AVX ratio x49), Ring ratio x46

e.g. #5 - CPU multiplier x51, AVX ratio offset 1 (AVX ratio x50), Ring ratio x47

As for the microcode, I was benching to see how much performance difference the latest microcodes lose and it is about ~100 MHz less performance for my 9900K and ~150 MHz for my 6700K.

Which means if you are rendering video overnight it can take an extra hour or two.

That must be some NVRAM or string thing then, or something from DMI data maybe? What you see in AMIBCP, it’s not in the orom (you know, where we remove the sign-on string)
Anyway, good spot, I’ve seen user have issue with this before, maybe you too when we were playing around before, at least now I know where to look. I wonder why it’s not pulled directly out of orom?
I guess I’ll have to try and remember to find and update this DMI string when updating orom for AMI BIOS, at least the way it’s stored there in AMIBCP seems like it’s set as if DMI info.

Yes, hard to say about the TV/HDMI thing, without more users testing similar, or you testing a few other TV’s

@Dsanke agreed to update me GOP VBT, thank you to him

I also updated the MCDP2800 LSPCON firmware from 1.69 CV1.0 to 1.77 CV1.1 and the HDMI port still won’t work with my LG 4K TV so no 4K Blu Ray playback for me - which was the whole reason for choosing this motherboard!
> the compatibility problem is complex , it’s hard to find a solution. i have no such devices , can not help more.

GOP VBT 221>228
> i think you use it wrong , i see no issues with the script.

@chinobino can you check it on your TV ?

[[File:??? 2020-04-28 074514.png|none|auto]]

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…441938404199360

????????? 2020-04-28 074514.png

@dsanke - Thanks!! So, what was the issue with script, were we just not using it correctly?
All we could get was 1 files checked, 0 changed << For all instances?

@OneShot Thank you (and Dsanke) for the updated BIOS, I have flashed it but everything is the same as before.

I suspect the HDMI port has a physical defect and the signal for the HDMI handshake is not being communicated properly.

GOP 1102 and VBT 228 seems to work without issue on the displayport using 3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz;

GOP1102_VBT228.jpg

[Edit] Here is a BIOS with GOP 9.0.1107 (thanks Pacman), it’s the same as the BIOS Oneshot uploaded in #38 just with updated GOP (VBT 228);

• CPU Type, Signature (CPUID), Stepping & µcode displayed on ‘Overclock’ page at the bottom
• Memory ‘RTL-IOL Configuration’ menu unlocked (read only)
• Advanced ‘Power & Performance’ Menu unlocked
• Advanced ‘OverClocking Performance Menu’ unlocked
• Advanced ‘System Agent (SA) Configuration’ menu unlocked
• Advanced ‘PCH-IO Configuration’ menu unlocked
• Speedshift enabled by default
• XTU Interface enabled (shows ‘Memory’ tuning option in Intel XTU)
• XTU ‘Real Time Memory’ timing unlocked in XTU (shows Secondary and Tertiary RAM timings - read only)
• PL4 limit increased to maximum 1023999
• iGPU enabled by default
• IRST Premium & OPTANE enabled by default
• RAID OROM & EFI modules updated to 17.8.0.4507
• VBIOS updated to 1062 (VBT 209)
GOP updated to 1107 (VBT 228)
• 906EC µcode downgraded to 84

1E379114_mod4.zip