[OFFER] Gigabyte GA-AX370-Aorus Gaming 5 BIOS mod

I’ve tested a good number of the additions I’ve unlocked or tweaked but I don’t have time to test everything as much as I would like, which is where the wider audience comes in :slight_smile: For me personally the most useful options are the USB MSI option as I use a fair few external USB HDDs, and the SB Clock Spread Spectrum options as it really irks me not having 100MHz bus speed. Disabling spread spectrum gets things as close as possible to 100MHz which obviously adds the benefit of gaininy a few MHz on both CPU and memory speed as disabling spread spectrum allows for a closer sync with various multipliers.

I’ll also keep making modified UEFIs for as long as I deem it necessary. Some official releases I might skip over if they don’t do much but all major versions such as ones with AGESA code updates will always get a modded version.

R4 version of F8 is now live. Hopefully it squashes all the remaining kinks.

Is it possible to make a modded bios for the K7 , u would make atleast me and maybe more very happy

A Gaming K7 UEFI is in the works, just working on refining the Gaming 5 UEFI so I know how to tweak things for the K7. Both boards are essentially identical with the exception of the K7 having a clock generator chip. Gaming 5 owners could possibly straight up flash the K7 UEFI to their Gaming 5 boards using the modified flash utility included with these modded UEFIs.

Revision 5 is now live, just some minor tweaks that might help with memory overclocking.

Can you do this with the ab350 gaming 3 Bios too? The latest stable is F8 and beta is F9a whoch has been similarly gimped by Gigabyte for long.

Wuao!!! The 5 ver…

Great work. Really thanks… very better that the original. Gigabyte it’s down to shit with this Bios :unamused:

Thx i be waiting

I can certainly have a look. Latest official release I see for the AB350 Gaiming 3 is F6 though, not F8.

A Gaming K7 UEFI is in the works, just working on refining the Gaming 5 UEFI so I know how to tweak things for the K7. Both boards are essentially identical with the exception of the K7 having a clock generator chip. Gaming 5 owners could possibly straight up flash the K7 UEFI to their Gaming 5 boards using the modified flash utility included with these modded UEFIs.

Thanks god you exist! All the performance and features we are not getting from gigabyte because they dont want to enable them is enormous.
I cant think of a reason to not enabled them

There really isn’t any good reason. I would strongly urge anyone unhappy about the lack of features the Gaming 5 and K7 have to complain in Gigabytes US and UK forums, and harass the hell out of them by sending support tickets asking for the features every other X370 board is managing to give people.

Theres only so much I can do with the AMI tools I have.

Hello ket

I think you have been checking out the wrong mobo. Below is the link to the official bios page with F8 bios for the said mobo.

http://www.gigabyte.in/Motherboard/GA-AB…v-10#support-dl

Additionally, the latest beta bios is F9a, I got it from the support team.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7zodhv…nlzVGtCY2s/view

I found absolutely no difference from what I saw. But maybe things have been changed(microcode updates or i dunno) feel free to check it. This should benefit a lot of users like me . Thanks a lot for your time and dedication to this in advance. :slight_smile:

Hello ket,

thank you for your great work.
I’m trying your modded bios but I’ve found an issue with the cpu fans: I’ve a Noctua NH-D15 with 2 fans and if I set the fan profile on “manual” the system changes the speed of only one fan, while the other remains at full speed.

I’ve a request too: could you verify if it’s possible to modify the behaviour of the integer multipliers x.00 manteining the power saving on? Now if we use an integer multiplier the cpu frequency stay fixed to the maximum.

Thank you.

Nope, I was looking at the right board the Gigabyte site I was on (uk) just doesn’t list the F8 UEFI for the Gaming 3. I’ll check the UEFI out and see if there is anything worth unlocking and tweaking.

1. Do both fans support speed adjustment? If so try the fan that is working properly it will rule out if the problem is with one of your fans or the UEFI. By the sounds of it thats a vanilla UEFI bug.
2. I’ll look at that, but it sounds like a vanilla UEFI bug as well. No changes I’ve made would prevent the CPU from throttling down when setting a custom boost multiplier.

Thanks a ton.

This is the u.k. Mobo page.
http://uk.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-AB…v-10#support-dl
I couldn’t find any microcode updates between f8 and f9a. If any tangible difference is found, f9a could be a better base bios to work i guess. Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

Just to inform all.

Gigabyte GAMING 5 F9a is up

- Update AGESA 1.0.0.6b

Donwload Link : https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-…v-10#support-dl

I was just about to say I finished some modified UEFIs and no sooner had I done that F9a is up so I have to redo them lol. Gigabyte are going to need to hit F11 for the Gaming 5 though at bare minimum if they expect to fix all of the mistakes they have made alone.

Ooooo… surprise!

Then, nothing new under sun. Your last version work fine. At last for me… r1700, corsair lpx 3200 hynix 5.xx in manual 16.18.18.18.36.56 1.35v I try cpu oc and up to 40x 1.38v and pass blender test with 65° with a custom loop… and don’t have the gigabyte issues.

Again the best job… thanks
Sorry for my english.

Hey Ket,

F9d has been released with 1.0.0.6b for gaming 3 too… Thanks for your time!! Cheers

Matt gave a response to modded bios, thought you would like to know: