[Offer] Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H r1.0/1.1 NVMe mod

Based on f20e BIOS. Only NVMe module is added, the rest untouched.
Module inserted with UEFITool.

File naming:
_4: normal module
_small: small module

Z77XUD3H_4.zip (3.69 MB) (Rev 1.0)

Z77XUD3H_small.zip (3.68 MB) (Rev 1.0)

Z77XUD3H_5.zip (3.7 MB) (Rev 1.1)

Thank you very much for posting this. I used it on my GA-Z77X-UD3H v 1.1 and it works perfectly :slight_smile:

Hi TonyJ… Could you explain how you did the update using this modified bios? Thanks

Hi JohnFerrera

My GA-Z77X-UD3H motherboard is version 1.1 and already had the last released BIOS version F20e, so I downloaded the file Z77XUD3H_5.zip (3.7 MB) (Rev 1.1) from the link on this page, extracted the new BIOS file Z77XUD3H_5.20e from that, and copied it to a USB drive.

The UD3H has Dual BIOS so it is safe to flash the BIOS because you have a backup that will work if the flashed BIOS fails for some reason.

I entered the BIOS (F8 at startup) and navigated to the Q-Flash tool which is built in to the UD3H BIOS and flashed the BIOS from the USB drive containing the new BIOS file. The process is simple and is descibed on pages 66-68 of the motherboard manual which you can get from here: GA-Z77X-UD3H (rev. 1.1) Support | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

After flashing and reboot check all of your BIOS settings to make sure they are correct.

I could see my NVMe drive (installed on a PCIe adapter) shown as “PATA SS:” in Hard Drive BBS options ONLY when Boot Mode selection was set to UEFI and Legacy. The drive did not show in Boot Option Priorities at this stage as it did not yet contain any OS / data.

I used the Samsung Data Migration to clone my OS (Win10 x64 Pro) from my old SSD to the New Samsung NVMe drive.

After that I could see the full name of the NVMe drive in the BIOS and could set the BIOS to boot from that drive.

I hope this helps.

There is also detailed guide to the various methods here: [HowTo] Get full NVMe Support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

Hi TonyJ…

My board is also Rev. 1.1, so I feel more confident in the process. I will follow the procedure and check if it recognizes normally, but I believe the Raid option is not enabled in this case, correct? Anyway, I’m intending to do a clean install.

Thanks TonyJ for your help.

Proably a good idea to make a note of your current bios settings before you start so you can see what needs to be changed when the have the new BIOS installed. I dont use RAID so I can’t advise on that.

Be sure to look at the guides at the link I provided too.

Good luck, it should be trouble free.

Thanks, Tony J

Hello TonyJ… Thank you for your attention and tips… I did the procedures successfully… previously I used Clover to boot… after the BIOS update, the system starts automatically, without having to make any changes… I just configured the boot for the Western Digital NVME SSD that I use, the other disk drives were also recognized successfully. Anyway, once again thank you for your guidance.

Glad it all worked out. Its much simpler than having to use Clover :wink:

Regards, Tony J

1 Like

Hi There,
kindly elaborate the difference between these two files?
I have Rev 1.0 of the Board.
Please help