[OFFER] Rampage IV Black Edition (NVMe + OpROMs with optional uCode update)

@Retaliator @llynx
I know I’m late, but here’s Version A with Bifurcation (created by Lost_N_BIOS two years ago).

Asus RAMPAGE-IV-BLACK-EDITION-0801-Version-A-Birurcation.zip (4.83 MB)

1 Like

mission completed ,long live the king ,still using my x79board ,now with the option to run even faster ssds,thank you very much!

Thanks I’m using your bios mod for rampage 4 extreme here and it’s perfect with these updates that you put using, using a perfect nvme adapter, with the original bios of the network card after about 2 weeks the whole pc crashed now that you put the rom plus updates of the network card the problem it disappeared

A doubt about nvme v4 that you put, what are the limitations if I want a 4tb or even 8tb nvme ssd, will the boot normally work on these larger ssds?

Hi,

Unfortunately it didn’t work for me.

Messed up my system, at least the win installation.

Cloned my boot, can’t boot from nvme because it is “not a proper boot device”.

After that, messed up my original boot drive, cannot repair or recover it. SSD locked.

Can access everything what’s stored on it but can’t boot anymore.

I have tried so many things to fix it, switching to other bios not helping either. Trying to fix boot in cmd, nothing.

Finally managed to do it but had to do clean windows install.

Apparently, for some reason my source boot disc was mbr so I could not use it for cloning…

Later will try out bifurcation too :wink:

It looks like a clean installation is the only option, stupidest thing is that this windows has expired activation key. :crazy_face:

you could try to convert the disk from mbr to gpt : Switch from legacy MBR disk to GPT disk with Windows 10 - Windows drivers | Microsoft Learn 4 Ways| Convert MBR to GPT Without Losing Data in Windows – EaseUS

Hi,
Thanks, could have tried it but too much hassle and might not boot after conversion anyway.

It was a good reason to reinstall Windows because I had it for many years already.
Starting as Win7 which was updated to Win10, probably that made it sort of a hybrid between MBR and GPT.

Tried to enable above 4g decoding. :joy:
Don’t try that, it messes up windows 10 boot and bios gets stack on code 34, with no signal to pc monitor, can’t see bios anymore only flashing it. I think switching between bioses damages windows boot as well. Not 100% sure one or another or both. :slight_smile:

I am now afraid to try other things in bios, got enough with reinstalling windows, that trick with legacy changing to UFEI during installation seems a bit unstable…

Probably just dumb windows, not sure what is with Linux…