OverPowered TONGFANG CyberPower Machrevo MACHENIKE - Unlocked BIOS Guide W/ Files

@davidm71 - Speaking in general, not specifically in regards to the BIOS here, sometimes you can tell by which ones are suppressed in the setup IFR (If suppress if = true, not some variable).
Other times you must see the BIOS, that is why you’ll often see me asking for at least a single shot of each main BIOS section, so I can compare settings shown vs setup settings either via IFR or AMIBCP, to then determine which is visible and which is hidden.
After a while you can just tell by looking at AMIBCP, some brands it’s always top set hidden, or you can tell by which has least options usually = visible one etc. I do always prefer to ask user to see BIOS images though, so I know for sure and don’t have to redo anything.

On any list of ID’s labeled hidden, yes, if you want to unhide a menu you must remove it from any hidden list along with all other needed changes, such as adding to a visible list, unsupressing in setup, or access level in AMIBCP.
On access level edit sometimes this is needed along with a setup or AMITSE edit, sometimes not and will cancel out a menu that would be visible without the AMIBCP edit, only way to know is test with/without.
Anything you are hiding or switching some menu to hide, add it into that block list.

I’m happy to see you learning all this, on top of what I know you already know how to do Soon you will have to join my BIOS editing Army of One

@Lost_N_BIOS - Do you have the mod files for Avell A52-5 BS (GJ5CN6E) BIOS version N.1.10? Here is my biosreg.bin link: https://mega.nz/#!6IYURCaR!-IQr6xsNH9vkR…YJikTnMI-V6eQTQ

@gabrielmartinslima - No, I’ve never heard of this system, if it’s same/similar as the others I can make mod BIOS for you and thus create/add the files and that model to this guide.
Do you have the stock BIOS package? If not, can you please try to find and get me link, preferably with the EC file included too if you can, if not don’t worry.
I ask for this because often user ask me for the stock version too if they want to update to that version or flash to this BIOS before applying the unlock mod

@Lost_N_BIOS - Unfortunately, Avell doesn’t provide stock BIOS packages, nor any BIOS update info or software, so I am stuck to what I can extract from the motherboard

Many of these companies don’t, but if you email them and ask for update or old BIOS (Current) to reflash, then they may send to you.
I see this confirmed from one users post here - https://adrenaline.uol.com.br/forum/thre…i.618967/page-6
What do you get when you input serial, model etc here and choose “Others” https://avell.com.br/drivers/

I see this is Clevo reseller, so you can use Clevo BIOS, of course these are all interchangeable anyway as long as you pick same model/GFX card type
Generally by this name >> GJ5CN6E - SO Cyberpower 1.04 BIOS from front page, if you wanted, I can send you this stock BIOS + EC to flash first if you want?
Or I can just mod your current BIOS, up to you, let me know.

@Lost_N_BIOS - I tried doing your mod guide, but in that AMIBCP part, when I click save, it shows a warning saying "Saving secure rom as unsigned". Is that a problem? Can I flash or will it brick?

Did you dump BIOS via FPT, then edit that? I can’t remember for sure if that is normal on these or not, but that warning itself doesn’t matter because you’re not using AFU to flash the BIOS anyway, you’re using FPT so unsigned will not matter
I can do the mod if you want?

* Edit, sorry I just realized that Cyberpower BIOS I mentioned is much older than your current, so I wouldn’t use that anyway 1.04 vs your current 1.10

I’m doing your mod BIOS now, will let you know if I get that message in AMIBCP, but as I said above it doesn’t matter anyway
* Edit - @gabrielmartinslima - Mod done (Added to guide/files), and yes, that message is normal from AMIBCP, ignore since you are using FPT as mentioned. As long as your edit is correct BIOS will be fine!

Hi @Lost_N_BIOS
I’ve try to follow the guide in order to modify an MACHENIKE T90 :GJ5CN6A
but it can’t work

origin bios link :https://1drv.ms/u/s!AosoYa-vJBdngYJRZe_6NX4_awtqJQ?e=jsExCE

@yaoyulun - added to guide, and helped you in thread you made too

Thanks for the guide! Worked fine on my GJ5CN6E model: H700 from 2.A.M(Brazilian brand)

I don’t know if everything I did was necessary but since my Bios is 1.04 just like the CyberPower NB-408-109, I flashed the Bios you posted from CyberPower and after that I followed the tutorial.

I have only one suggestion, it might help if you add an observation about the file the end with “.efi” so people know that they have to use "replace body"

Thanks again, keep up the work!

@danferreira - Thanks for your feedback, and you’re welcome! Whatever BIOS you used, you need to flash the stock one first, then FPT dump and use the mod files to make new mod BIOS or use guide to mod your own FPT dump - then reflash.
Thanks for you tip, I will check to be sure I mentioned extract/replace body at AMITSE module, I think I did in guide but now I see in files here I posted some AMITSE I uploaded entire module and others only body. I did mean for all AMITSE to be EFI/Body files, and wrote the guide out for that I think
Which step do you think I should add to, since you notice this. I will add “If extracting body = .EFI and to be sure to replace body, if extracting as-is = SCT and be sure to replace as-is” Either way is fine for any module, but I do now see some I extracted body and others as-is for AMITSE

I see now, in main guide I mentioned replace as-is, but in your BIOS I extract body (maybe others too, will check). When I edit AMITSE myself, I normally extract body, same for setupdata too, due to how I read these files with other tools, all other modules except NVRAM I usually extract as-is
I will add addendum, since a few have AMITSE body and others as-is - * edit - notation added at step #12 in the main guide, and step #6 in the advanced guide. Does that explain it good enough for everyone to understand?

Thanks for the reply

I understand what you added at step #12 but I think you should be just a little bit more newbie friendly

* Please note * If your "Bios Mod" folder has a file extension = .EFI, be sure to choose "replace body" instead of "replace as is" / If extracting as-is resulting file extension = SCT and be sure to replace as-is

just a suggestion so that another newbie like me can understand

@danferreira - You’re welcome, and I agree, and I tried to write that out as best I could from a non-BIOS modders point of view, trying to make it as easy and clear as I could.
Please do let me know if you think I should add anything more, or re-word anything! I’ve changed the wording on #12 to more like what you mentioned above, let me know if you think it’s more clear now

I’ve try to follow the guide in order to modify an Medion Erazer X17805 : GK7CP7S
but it can’t work because i can not found modified files for my model notebook :frowning:

origin bios link: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/bMF2/4qBVagmZL

@mediadoctor - please give me link to full stock BIOS package, with EC, BIOS flash tools etc, if you have it - thanks. I don’t need for the mod, but want, in case someone asks me later after I add your model to the guide.
Also, I will do the mod, and add to guide, but what part was giving you issues, in case I need to explain something different or better in the guide?

Guide is very light for me and comfortable.

BIOS package, with EC, BIOS flash tools https://cloud.mail.ru/public/CkAm/4mx8u7fFZ

What? That doesn’t make sense to me, if “it can’t work for you”??? To me, what you said above means >> Great guide, easy reading, easy to understand, no problem to follow.
So, you can see how your current reply doesn’t match with your previous

Thank you for the link to full BIOS package. I checked this BIOS, mod is done same exact way as all the others I wrote the guide for. So, if you do want to do yourself, you need to let me know where you were having problems.
Or, if you just want me to do for you that is fine too, let me know.

* Edit, - is that the complete package? There is No EC FW or flasher, and no other BIOS flash tools etc? I’d really like to have the complete package if you have it, with all original files and folders and file/folder names etc.
This just BIOS file, batch file and AFU

I have only this :frowning:
Problem on step 12 because have not modded files for my Laptop

Thanks, it’s OK, I hoped you had entire package. And on the guide, sorry, I assumed you were using the advanced guide, in spoiler, to directly modify your BIOS dump. You should have been stuck at #9 then, that is the first place you use a file to replace something
Since without that, rest of guide above spoiler can’t be used on your system because your model is not added to the guide/mod files yet. No worries, I will add to guide and send you mod BIOS too

* Edit @mediadoctor - here is your mod BIOS, and files/model added to guide now too for your system, if you want to try doing the basic edit/swap yourself
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…661965516514493

Flash via >> FPTw.exe -bios -f biosbackupM.bin

sorry, yes on step 9 have problem because not have files for replacement