[PROBLEM] How to open/modify/flash an Intel mainboard BIOS?

I apologise in advance if this is in the wrong section. I did use the search function and couldn’t find a thread for this.

Intel has stopped support for this board in Nov 19.
All the links i have found direct to the Intel page that is no longer available.

I am currently using a CH341A to update the bios as the board started Code 32’ing. ( this is a common issue )
I have version 70 of the bios but when i transfer it in to CH341a programmer its says "File length, beyond range of will be ignored."
I have loaded the bios any way and it flat out just does not work.

Does anyone have a bios file that will work with the CH341a for this board ?

Thanks in advance.

Hello, did u visually identified the correct bios chip ID as also identified by CH341A?
By the way the last official bios version for ur DZ77BH-55K
BIOS Version 0100 - BHZ7710H.86A.0100.2013.0517.0942 (*.BIO for Intel recovery mode by jumper and USB)

U should also take a look here:
[GUIDE] The Beginners Guide to Using a CH341A SPI Programmer/Flasher (With Pictures!)
[Guide] Using CH341A-based programmer to flash SPI EEPROM

Hi MeatWar,

yea i have found the right chip model its the MXIC MX25L6406E

Yea i know the last official bios was 0100 however i have not been able to find a working link to any other bios that the 0070 i have found.
PS. the link you provided is forbidden

ill take a look at the guides thank you.

however i am still stuck with out a bios that i can use in the CH341A - kinda hoped some one had a back up saved that they could share a copy of with me, i dont even mind what version.

Try linked file now
If u need the others versions of this Bios, i`ve got a almost everything from Intel Series 4/5/6/7.
Im not very experienced in all kind of bios with CH341A…ask help in that sub-foruns i linked earlier to u and Intel bios r hard sometimes to fix… Good luck.

So i have read through the the guides and its pretty much a no regarding moding the intel bios. I could pay some one to MOD a bios but i don’t want a modded bios i just want a copy of an official bios that is compatible with programmer.

I have gone ahead and order a new bios chip with a bios already installed. My plan it to try and rip it from there and copy over to the chip without the need for soldering. Worst case is i do need to solder the new chip on and that’s a whole other story as i haven’t done it be for, but seems like i got nothing to lose either.

If i do manage to get a copy off the new chip to work i will post a link so it can be used by others to maybe get dead boards working. i wont know what bios version until it turns up however. i am expecting 0057 which i believe is the bios the board shipped with.

Finger crossed lol.

@PH47MAN :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
I have moved your request into this already existing one, because this way you may have better chances to get help by an Intel mainboard BIOS modding expert.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@MeatWar : Just for your information

@PH47MAN were you ever able to get this done with a new chip and copying from it? I have the same chip and this same Intel board but after a bios update attempt I am now stuck in code 28 … I let it run for over 24 hours hoping it was just working on initializing the memory but finally gave up. So now I was hoping to use this method to flash the bios.

@PH47MAN you can disregard. I am not sure how but I was able to get the BIOS restored. I decided to put all the RAM back in to take a picture in preparation to list the RAM and CPU for sale :slight_smile: then decided to give it one more try. I reformatted my USB drive. Copied only the BH0100.BIO file to it. Removed the BIOS jumper from the motherboard inserted the USB drive and connected PSU with nothing else connected but CPU/RAM/PSU/Flash Drive and I noticed this time the error code was moving from 04/15/31 then the flash drive would show activity and I just left it that way for about 15 minutes while I took a few pictures for the future sale. After I turned it off I figured I would move the jumper back to normal mode and got the E6 error code for BIOS … well I connected HDMI to monitor and put a keyboard on it and rebooted and BIOS 100 (Visual BIOS) launched much to my surprise. Set the clock and reinstalled everything into the case and booted up with no issues and now the PCI 3.0 slots are working!

So long story … I got a new MSI motherboard, CPU and RAM being delivered Tuesday HAHAHA… But if anyone needs this BH0100.BIO file, I have it and confirmed it works even though it at first did not. I also got it from the Intel forum thread where someone helping another user had shared it.

@elektron @Lost_N_BIOS @noInk

hello there, new user here, i got the exact same problem that @elektron had, i updated my nuc NUC6i3SYH with the latest bios on 0073 downloadcenter.intel.com/it/download/29914/Aggiornamento-del-BIOS-SYSKLi-35-86-A-?product=89189 that completly bricked the nuc… it flashed once but the following reboot it displayed some error A7 blabla, on intel site was explained that it needed to recovered using the jumper method, done that and got the error on during the flash that resulted in a fan spinning state without blue led turning on.

intel ofc did ignore my request for help (out of warranty and no paid service possible).

i’m trying to recover it somehow, on the release notes of the 0073 bios version downloadmirror.intel.com/29914/eng/SY_0073_ReleaseNotes.pdf shows that ME firmware version is 11.8.79.3722, following the guide with ME Analyzer shows that an unidentifiable ME is found so is probably really bad, using the guide for a Clean Dumped Guide step D4 .6 trying to use Flash Image Tool for the (CS)ME 11 gives error reading the dump so i can’t really proceed with the guide…

any hint for what i can do about this? thanks for even reading this, @Lost_N_BIOS any chance it can be saved?

EDIT by Fernando: Unneeded quoted posts replaced by directly addressing to their authors (to save space)

oh well i forgot to attach my dump, sorry

nuc_spi_dump_20201029.zip (4.47 MB)

ok nevermind, i figured out myself, i fixed the ME Region with a downgraded version of ME version using UEFITools so that FIT could open the bin, then i fixed in FIT using the correct ME version RGN, flashed and it booted correctly.

@elektron if you need your bios fixed aswell here it is, i’m confident that it will work for you too.

nuc_spi_dump_20200107-fixed.zip (5.04 MB)

@MeatWar I was wondering if you had the latest bios for DZ77BH-55k board still available- BHZ7710H.86A.0100.2013.0517.0942? I recently got one of these motherboards for free, but the bios on it is from 2012 and its not playing nice with my GPU among other hardware. It’s a shame that Intel has decided not to make these files available anymore and so far this is the only place I’ve seen where anyone has said they have the file available

@scarecrow_182000

Notes and Bios file

BH_0100_ReleaseNotes.pdf (66.2 KB)

BHZ7710H.86A.0100.BI.ZIP (5.99 MB)

How can I modify the BIOS of my Intel DG45ID to allow overclocking? I don’t know what BIOS Intel uses. I have done it before on a MSi motherboard using AMIBCP.

Guys, I created a login on this forum only to say a big thanks to you! I had a bricked NUC6i5SYH after a failed bios update. I successfully flashed the bios chip using a raspberry pi. I used the bios file supplied by @r88t in a previous post of this thread (#411). After that I successfully updated to the latest bios version using the normal update method.

Is it a problem that I directly flashed the version as supplied in the previous post? I have not adjusted it with the specifics of my NUC (e.g. mac address)…

Can you share your bin files here for dq77mk. I can’t buy them via paypal from my country, because paypall is forbidden. I have also corrupted bios file.

@r88t : @mr_blond18 :
I have the same problem, can you tell me how to solve it? Thanks, my english is not good

I have the same problem, can you tell me how to solve it? Thanks, my english is not good

Hello,

I have an Intel DH61DLB3 motherboard with an Intel Core i3 2100 CPU.
It was working but I did a BIOS update that failed and now it does power up but there is nothing on screen.

I have a CH341 usb programmer, I have read and backup the BIOS and write the BIOS with these files that I have found on internet from people with the same motherboard and same problem :
- DH61DL_0120_dump_ok
- DH61DLB3 OK.BIN
- DH61DL_read_fixed.bin

None worked.

The BIOS chip of my motherboard is : WINBOND W25Q32V 4Mbyte / 32 Mbit

Help would be greatly appreciated

The same issue from 2020… on that OEGStone DH61DL, then i really dont see how can we help you more, you had my and Lost contributions.