[Problem] Win7 x64 install with x570 Chipset+Ryzen 5000 Ser. CPU

As @K4sum1 has already written, the Microcode modules for AMD CPUs are continuously developed, updated and released for the OEMs by AMD, but this does not mean, that all X570 chipset mainboard BIOSes contain the same Microcode versions. It depends on the motherboard manufacturer and the age of the mainboard whether and for how long the offered BIOS contains the latest available Microcode modules.

1 Like

Yes I do recall, but I still thought it was definitely worth a shot, at least with these CPUs and motherboards I can conclude that it wasn’t a very good idea, unless there is someone who really know what they’re doing, best adviced to not go too much into it.

Anyway, I’ve moved on and now trying to get my newly repurchased 5950x working on another motherboard, Asus ROG x570-F.

Just can’t get passed the Starting Windows boot-up animation :frowning_with_open_mouth:

Use CSM and legacy boot.

1 Like

As soon as I installed my motherboard, I ran BIOS setup and set it with CSM and Legacy mode.

Even after doing this, it still gives me this problem.

Also to note, it has no problem booting into Windows 10.

Are you sure the USB is legacy as well? Modern boards in CSM can boot both legacy and UEFI.

1 Like

Yes and Yes.

Hope this helps! :pray:

I’m pretty sure I’m not doing anything wrong here either :thinking:

Maybe try upgrading or downgrading BIOS then.

Really??

You think the BIOS could halt such a boot?? :frowning_with_open_mouth: