QEMU 3Dfx virtualization by KJLiew WHPX/HAX accl. Dos/Win/Linux high FPS gaming follow up

KJLiew its mostly using Linux so he using OpenGlide… and on Linux there are not dlls on host.

DgVoodoo 3dfx dlls (in dgvoodo 3dfx folder glide*.dll) are to host - in same directory like *.bat or Qemu.exe i dunno, if im not wrong there are both 32bit and 64 bit 3Dfx dlls, it maybe depens on build if 32 bit or 64bot, d3drm.dll and other are wrong they are for Direct3D that is not what is need and wrong dlls in directory can broke everything. Qemu dlls compiled are only into virtual machine for sure.
Nglide is just alternative to DgVooodoo. Otherwise i have dgVoodoo 2.78 on my machine, so dgVoodo 2.48 is quite old, i my memory serves there so needed some dgVoodo upgraded to make whole thing working, in which version it was made i dont remember.

"accel=whpx" and hax - windows only things, Linux as other acceleration QEMU options, for compilation you need some windows source files, i would be suprised if this not possible to build on Linux.

https://github.com/kjliew/qemu-3dfx/wiki…Is-Pass-Through

i used openglide because of this, but now it works with dll compiled on linux and compiled dll seems to make nothing (very strange)
Problem was to identify why 3dfx was not detected… Now even if i remove openglide, it works with compiled wrappers (the one i made on linux), i will try with the old compiled on msys2 to see if it was one of the problems.

I installed x86 version of dll and y compiled with msys2 mingx 64 then perhaps it’s a problem. Because i use i386 qemu exe i was splitted between use x86 or x64

For accel with your version i don’t freeze but it’s a qemu 5 version. Mine is on the 6 and perhaps it’s because of that i need the “kernel-irqchip=off”.

-------------------
For linux i compiled it but i encountered some problems like with network to configure bridge mode i stopped for the while. And because of the network problem it was a problem to pass files between host and guest, it’s a quick install i made on an external hard drive. It’s perhaps an option to use it with kvm i will see later.
-------------------

It’s really a headache to understand everything when it’s not your work.

Now i launched it i can say to people, result is interesting… i don’t know if it deserve to be bought because i need to see other games. After all of that i will make a pdf to write everything, support for bugs etc… It’s totally crazy to not have all of this on its wiki :confused: . I understand he wants money, but he needs to have another behavior toward people. I need to start from the beginning with everything fresh to write the full process and reproduce it without problem, i’m not even sure to success, 3 weeks of bugs and investigations :confused:

Thanks for your messages.

Really try Vogons there are some files to download:
https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?p=933335#p933335

and try to write to robertmo to personal message… He knows more that me and probably has also better memory…
Here last guide from old thread"
https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?p=884319#p884319

I saw that you started new thread… its better to use old one:
https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=80660

for the old it’s closed :confused: And for Robertmo, vogons don’t allow me to use private messages :confused:

About bug on qemu 6: https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/issues/346

But in all cases i progress, it’s the most important, with somebody that tried before it was useful to identify each track. If you need i let the topic i will understand, i write a lot of things to concentrate also information.

Hmm, i can send private message to him, maybe you need some rank etc for it.

I read whole new topic, KJLiew got was banned because he is "nice" person and i saw exactly 5 hardcode guys whose get it working, im glad that i stopped to follow it, otherwise than checking Youtube videos.

Because all this mess its a really best solution, just invest time to earn 60 bucks elsewhere and buy it… because you can spent easily 60 hours on it which is like to be paid 1$ for hour… and any new version and code / Qemu update you have to repeat research again.

Or you could try to wait few years for alternative solution.

For the while i have no work, i have a genetical sickness, now it’s ok thanks to pills but 8 years without a job :/, i had enough money by the past but with time… In all case i dislike to pay without knowing, i knew poverty. Even if he is not nice, i will pay (i was sure he was a victim of censorship at the begining) for his job as soon as i could, i ve been baker for Shenmue 3, MineCraft, Formula Fusion and another game but i don’t remember, same i gave money for wwf and for babyloan (crowfunding to help people to start an activity). I think it’s normal to help people to start since the while they have a potential, it’s just i can’t for the while. Second part, as i know even if his work is good, i want to promote it to people that have not the abilities to understand, resolve problems. Even if i made a tutorial and an image to explain to people how to play to 2d games with QEMU, there is a lot of people discouraged by just copy/paste two lines. Worst, QEMU according to what i hear, has a lot of bugs depending of the host and guest. Most of people doesn’t trust me when i say they can play to 2d games easily. Yesterday i began to start to show to my pals a screenshot where i have an average 72fps with half life (not the demo, open gl default, i have few sound problems i will try to resolve) they can’t believe it, same for the 2d games they prefer to believe in pcem (even if it’s a good project) and think problem come because they don’t have a powerful machine, except even people with a 10700 have the same problems i have with my 4770k. In same time thoose happy are playing to duke nukem with a 200 mmx what is totally useless. If they don’t launch Baldur’s gate with w98, they can’t understand where are problems.

I think he will have more money with a 10-20$ donation than with 60$ people, after that people could make another donations according their funds. But perhaps it’s just an illusion. I started to say it could be a good solution on forums where i’m, i said i will continue my investigations because i engage my word.

i will happy to talk with Robertmo, i started the subject thinking he would watch it.

I pointed Robert to your topic.

People had to understand that sometimes is better, go earn some money and them than spend lots of time on something, because time is money too. My advice is pay KJLiew its 30 pieces of silver.

If you will manage to build it, let me know, i will try new version…

i ve already built it, video come from my version based on qemu6.2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHu-5S1pTcU&t=611s

This is why i explain there is need of different parameters to launch it. It seems there is some changes since the qemu 5 based version you have or perhaps it’s my 4770k the problem.

I will make a tutorial and packaging but i test some games for the while.

I suggest checking out softgpu (GitHub - JHRobotics/softgpu: SW and HW accelerated GPU driver for Windows 9x Virtual Machines), a true open-source alternative to qemu-3dfx.

Vogons thread: SoftGPU: OpenGL + DirectX + Glide driver for Windows 95/98/Me \ VOGONS