[Release] Resizable BAR BIOS EFI Module

It should, once you find the menu for above 4g mmio, enable that (but also disable csm, the thing is make your motherboard UEFI only, no legacy mode or csm), save and exit, boot to windows, and see if you could see Large Memory tab in Device Manager > View > Resource by Type, Like this:

Yes it should work, but maybe you need to short, or isolate, or do both on the cpu pads, probably the best way to find out wether to short only or isolate only, or do both, is by googling which one is for your motherboard/pc (there are various bios mod forums that should explain this)… the thing is i made sure that the bios would accept it as long as it is not over the TDP for the board.

Also no, and yes, kinda, the V2 means that the reserved pins are now being used, and the mobo trace does actually have a route to those reserved pins, but also there is mcode and ME, so yeah it is a bit hard for me to explain but you do get the gist of what i did talk abt :joy:.

And i found those programmer/chip thingies. Can you recommend a good tutorial (video) for Dummies, on how to do that theoretically? :smiley:

Did you meant the SPI Debug or just general CH341A with SOIC8 to the bios chip?

Okay, so i tried the command for just the BIOS.

and it kinda just opened the FPTW program.
Halp! xD
And if i try it otherwise (found a video where they flashed it without the -bios command), i get that. :I

oops sorry, i think it should be -f tectrekfinal.rom -bios, and after doing that do -greset

If you do want to flash the whole bios region, well as per what i said you do need a spi programmer like CH341A, so you flash the bios i gave, and after you flash the whole 8mb bios to the chip, whenever you short that black pins above the red one, you could freely use intelfpt to write the bios chip, since my bios have those protections disabled except for EC.

Probably of you’re afraid of doing those, bring your motherboard to a local pc repair shop or to your acquintance who knows abt pc and do have the tool, and let them flash the whole 8mb bios to the chip, and see the results itself. Worry less abt the brick since you do have your entire bios region dumped (8mb bios is a complete one).

Nah i ordered one of those programmer sets and will try that out myself. :smiley:

What do you think about this video? Good enough to follow for that purpose?

Thank you a lot again. Can i DM you if i have further questions or shall i reply to you here again? :slight_smile:

Yep, just dm me if you do need a long talk, just dont forget to post your final results here.

That video should be plenty, could you actually give a photo of your bios chip ans SPI DEBUG pins in your board? Or maybe a HD photo of your motherboard since i couldnt find one online.

I am having an issue with an Asrock Z270 Killer SLI. I’ve gone through the process starting with “Adding FFS module.” I was able to flash the modded bios - after removing the Security Flash Check. I can only get it to boot without my GPU (Asrock Arc A380) installed, and only with 4G disabled.

I used bios version 2.30, asrock dot com/MB/Intel/Z270%20Killer%20SLIac/index.asp#BIOS.

Any thoughts on next steps to try, or just relegate this MB/CPU to another purpose and get a newer system?

Hello @cdrxander o/

What mods did you do exactly?

Did you apply the patches if you did the ReBAR mod?

Does it give a display from the onboard graphics output when the A380 is installed?

If the CPU will give enough performance, I see no reason for retiring the setup.

There is always the option of doing a Coffee Lake mod to get 8th and 9th gen support.

Also, Do you still have the MAC Address or did it get wiped with the flash?

Best regards,

@68k-dude Thanks for replying and for your help.

I started with “Adding FFS module,” proceeded to “Using UEFI Patch” using the “patches.txt” file in step 2. I didn’t see anything to indicate a “Pad file issue.”

At that point, I attempted to use the patched bios to see if it would work without the DSDT patching. No such luck. I started over and applied the DSDT patch. I jumped straight to the “Extracting DSDT (Skylake and up)” section. I had to fix a number of errors. After applying the DSDT patch, I removed the Security Flash Check and used Instant Flash to apply the patched bios.

I get display through the A380 with 4G disabled, and it will boot to my Ventoy drive, and a live Ubuntu image. Once I enable 4G, it doesn’t appear to post. On the next boot, 4G will be automatically disabled.

Since my post, other factors have changed my priorities and have me looking to buy newer hardware that natively supports ReBar/SAM. I can repurpose this board and CPU for another project that doesn’t need ReBar/SAM.

For at about another week, I am up for trying to get this to work for anyone else with a similar Asrock Z270 board, otherwise I will be moving on.

Hello everyone, I was recently trying to modify my B450 Aorus Pro bios in order to add the ReBarDXE. I created the modded bios using UEFITool but since it is in .rom format it fails to pass Qflash verification. I have seen multiple 2000 (1600af is basically a 2600 with lower clock speeds) series Ryzen cpus having ReBar enabled but it seems that it’s a different situation on Gigabyte boards. So is there any way to convert that .rom file to a .F66b in order to flash it with Qflash?

My Specs:

Ryzen 5 1600AF
B450 Aorus Pro
Gigabyte RX6600 Eagle
16GB 3200 Vengeance RGB Pro

Thanks for your time.

Hi everyone, I killed good 2 days of my life but couldn’t get rebar to work for my bios. I desperately need it because I am running intel Arc A310. I am so frustrated because apparently for my low profile GPU I will have to buy not so low profile motherboard and/or CPU.

The “.rom” or “.F66b” is just an extension, not a “format” (i.e., both contain a BIOS/UEFI image in the same way). Gigabyte’s Q-Flash tool performs an integrity check and rejects modded images.

Have you tried flashing with Flashrom instead? At least that worked on my AsRock AMD X570 motherboard. As a last resort, you can use a CH341a programmer.

Hello @ArcEnjoyer ,

Are you able to flash a modified bios to the board?

That would be the first thing to sort out if not.

These types of system tend to have non-standard BIOSes. Sometimes it can be done, but often it is too much of a PITA

How to downgrade to agesa lower than 1.2.0.0?

I’m trying to locate a BIOS for resizable bar for the Asus Z97 Pro Gamer, the latest BIOS version is Z97-PRO GAMER BIOS 2203 - https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1150/Z97-PRO_GAMER/Z97-PRO-GAMER-ASUS-2203.zip?model=Z97-PRO%20GAMER

If anyone can help it would be appreciated, I tried to mod it and flash it myself but didn’t have any luck.

Hello @Xerphon o/

Are you able to flash the modified file you made?

Are you able to set Above 4GB Decode, UEFI boot and CSM disabled in the latest BIOS?

If so, adding ReBAR is quite quick. We just need to work on flashing the board if that is the issue?

You are welcome to PM me if you need.

Best Regards,

I was unable to flash the file. I have 4G Decode enabled, UEFI boot and CSM disabled. According to GPU-Z the only thing that is disabled is resizable bar itself.

Hi @Xerphon

Have you tried the methods outlined in the Asus section on this page?

The afuwinx64.exe method seems to work well for me.

The BIOS IC is in a socket, so flashing it via an external programmer is also another option.

Good day everyone, i added the ReBarDxe to my bios, and i can enable rebar etc, but i cant for the life of me patch it to enable larger than 1gb Rebar, i am hoping this thread is still alive and well and that someone out here can help me please.

Il link my modified bios with the ReBarDxe added, and my clean bios with no mods.
Please if anyone can help me it would be awesome

I am using a i7 3770
with a Gigabyte RX580 8gb
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H motherboard

never mind, says new users cant upload atachments… anyway i am using the
mb_bios_ga-z77x-ud5h_f16j Bios if anyone could help me mod that version i would appreciate it so much!

So my problem is mainly i dont have the option to enable or disable 4G encode in BIOS and i cant use Rebar bigger than 1gb
F16j Clean NO MOD.rar (640 Bytes)
Z77XUD5HF16J Rebar Mod Added.rar (3.8 MB)

Hello @Tzuke ,

I can see that the Above 4G Decode is there, it’s just not in the user menu.

You should be able to enable it to get Above 4G Decode working.

If you get stuck, I can help via Private Message. It’s best not to load this thread with a lot of posts back and forth. If you get it working, you can always post a follow up with the details.

Best regards,

1 Like

Good day,
I managed to get the 4G Decoding working correctly in a way.
I can use 2gb Rebar now and not black screen when rebooting it.
this has made a HUGE difference in cpu usage in some games for me, its insane!
Forza Horizon 5 got a 15% performance bump in avg FPS and much higher lows, and stable latency than before.
Thanks for the guys who found the way to make this work!
Here is a SS of the rebar, address and the card. This is on WIN10 Pro latest updates running and latest AMD drivers from them, not custom drivers or anything extra.
v 24.7.1

IF there is anyone out there on the same Motherboard as me and want to try it out il upload the modified bios. all settings are stock and you will need to re-apply any OC you had and change any settings you had disabled before.
Z77XUD5HF16J Rebar Mod Enabled.rar (3.8 MB)