[Release] Resizable BAR BIOS EFI Module

Hello @ArcEnjoyer ,

Are you able to flash a modified bios to the board?

That would be the first thing to sort out if not.

These types of system tend to have non-standard BIOSes. Sometimes it can be done, but often it is too much of a PITA

How to downgrade to agesa lower than 1.2.0.0?

I’m trying to locate a BIOS for resizable bar for the Asus Z97 Pro Gamer, the latest BIOS version is Z97-PRO GAMER BIOS 2203 - https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1150/Z97-PRO_GAMER/Z97-PRO-GAMER-ASUS-2203.zip?model=Z97-PRO%20GAMER

If anyone can help it would be appreciated, I tried to mod it and flash it myself but didn’t have any luck.

Hello @Xerphon o/

Are you able to flash the modified file you made?

Are you able to set Above 4GB Decode, UEFI boot and CSM disabled in the latest BIOS?

If so, adding ReBAR is quite quick. We just need to work on flashing the board if that is the issue?

You are welcome to PM me if you need.

Best Regards,

I was unable to flash the file. I have 4G Decode enabled, UEFI boot and CSM disabled. According to GPU-Z the only thing that is disabled is resizable bar itself.

Hi @Xerphon

Have you tried the methods outlined in the Asus section on this page?

The afuwinx64.exe method seems to work well for me.

The BIOS IC is in a socket, so flashing it via an external programmer is also another option.

Good day everyone, i added the ReBarDxe to my bios, and i can enable rebar etc, but i cant for the life of me patch it to enable larger than 1gb Rebar, i am hoping this thread is still alive and well and that someone out here can help me please.

Il link my modified bios with the ReBarDxe added, and my clean bios with no mods.
Please if anyone can help me it would be awesome

I am using a i7 3770
with a Gigabyte RX580 8gb
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H motherboard

never mind, says new users cant upload atachments… anyway i am using the
mb_bios_ga-z77x-ud5h_f16j Bios if anyone could help me mod that version i would appreciate it so much!

So my problem is mainly i dont have the option to enable or disable 4G encode in BIOS and i cant use Rebar bigger than 1gb
F16j Clean NO MOD.rar (640 Bytes)
Z77XUD5HF16J Rebar Mod Added.rar (3.8 MB)

Hello @Tzuke ,

I can see that the Above 4G Decode is there, it’s just not in the user menu.

You should be able to enable it to get Above 4G Decode working.

If you get stuck, I can help via Private Message. It’s best not to load this thread with a lot of posts back and forth. If you get it working, you can always post a follow up with the details.

Best regards,

1 Like

Good day,
I managed to get the 4G Decoding working correctly in a way.
I can use 2gb Rebar now and not black screen when rebooting it.
this has made a HUGE difference in cpu usage in some games for me, its insane!
Forza Horizon 5 got a 15% performance bump in avg FPS and much higher lows, and stable latency than before.
Thanks for the guys who found the way to make this work!
Here is a SS of the rebar, address and the card. This is on WIN10 Pro latest updates running and latest AMD drivers from them, not custom drivers or anything extra.
v 24.7.1

IF there is anyone out there on the same Motherboard as me and want to try it out il upload the modified bios. all settings are stock and you will need to re-apply any OC you had and change any settings you had disabled before.
Z77XUD5HF16J Rebar Mod Enabled.rar (3.8 MB)

I checked your ASUS H97M-E BIOS mod and noticed there’s a pad between GUIDs AEF82756-87F2-4CF6-BE80-E59055295AA1 and 77840A38-8AB1-4D7A-9181-03B2F5B34C0B.

I have done the Kuri0 mod to an original BIOS 2702, but I am not replicating the pad which you did. All I did, in order, was to add the FFS module, save, and apply the UEFIPatch, and export the body to a ROM. The issue is that I don’t have any means to restore the BIOS should it not work. Hence, I looked at your already applied BIOS mod.

I don’t think DSDT patching is necessary since 4G decoding seems to work without any issue. Did the pad create while reconstructing the ROM/CAP with the DSDT patch, and does your BIOS mod work without issues? This asked what other mods were done to the BIOS?

I want to test this with an AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 and 4 x 8 GB RAM. Just some general questions whether I should proceed with my BIOS mod or with a BIOS mod already tested to be operable?

Sooooo Thanks to @68k-dude and his legendry help i am now able to set my rebar to 8gb on a really really really old i7 3770 system and a Gigabyte Z77X UD5H Motherboard

Z77XUD5HF16J_Patched_USB3_DSDT.zip (3.8 MB)
Here is the file if anyone out there is having the same problem i had of not being able to set rebar higher than 2gb enabling 4g decode.
This bios file contains no changed settings, you will need to re-apply any oc or setting you had previously, use at own risk.

My motherboard is Gigabyte B450M S2H v1.
(A Reminder: After downgrading the BIOS to the F52 version, the modded BIOS file can now be Flashed without any problems).

1- I am using UEFITool version 0.28.0.

2- I find the PCIBus module key in the BIOS file with the GUID: 3C1DE39F-D207-408A-AACC-731CFB7F1DD7. And I add the new ReBarDxe module to the end of the line at the bottom (Insert after > ReBarDxe.ffs). I save the BIOS file with the same name.

3- I do not use the “UEFIPatch and DSDT Patching” methods since “4G DECODING” IS ALREADY ACTIVE ON MY COMPUTER AND IN THE BIOS, and I am skipping them:

4G Decoding active under Windows - BIOS:

4G Decoding Active

(But, there is a problem here; When I run UEFIPatch, it produces the error;
“No patches can be applied to input file”.
Could this be the cause of the entire problem?)

4- I successfully load and run the new modded BIOS file with QFlash (Downgrade to F52 > Flash Modded Version).

5- I make the new modded BIOS settings completely: SMT Off, Secure Boot Off, TPM Off, Above 4G Decoding On and etc…

6- And I make the following settings in regedit under Windows:
KMD_EnableReBarForLegacyASIC"=dword:00000001
KMD_RebarControlMode"=dword:00000001
KMD_RebarControlSupport"=dword:00000001

7- And I run and set ReBarState.

But no matter what I do, I can’t see the “Re-Size BAR Support” option in BIOS!
What am I doing wrong?

Hello @denizari ,

This board should support Smart Access Memory without any mods.

Do you not have a CPU that supports it?

Also, the ReBar mod you are performing will not add an entry into the BIOS Setup. It has to be set via ReBarState.exe via the command line in WIndows.

Hi @68k-dude , thank you for your interest;

taking your advice into consideration, I just opened the original BIOS file with only “AMIBCP v5.02.0034” and made;

“CSM Support - Disable”
“Above 4G Decoding - Enable”
“Re-Size BAR Support - Enable”

I flashed it to BIOS,
BUT I GOT A STRANGE RESULT AS SEEN IN THE BOTTOM PICTURE :))

(CPU: Ryzen5 1600x - GPU: Sapphire RX 580 4GB Nitro+)

Hi @denizari ,

I see you have a Ryzen 5 1600X. It makes sense now.

Have you used ReBarState.exe via the command line in WIndows to set the 2GB BAR size?

Some of the RX 580 4GB cards only work up to 2GB. So, you may have it working.

1 Like

Yes, I did the ReBarState setting (2gb was activated code 11). Also, I didn’t have any problems when I gave 4gb. Of course, I haven’t done the performance tests yet. I will try both. Thank you for your support @68k-dude

Hi @denizari,

The 4GB ReBarState 12 didn’t gove you a 4GB BAR?

Thank you for your reply.

I have never tried flashing a modified BIOS to the board because I cannot add the FFS module, so I am stuck at step one. When I attempt a header-only GUID search for 3C1DE39F-D207-408A-AACC-731CFB7F1DD7, a hex search for CF8034BE, or a Unicode text search for PciBus, I get no results. The other method doesn’t work either. Assuming that I am able to, my question is whether it is possible to activate ReBar for this BIOS.

Hello @ArcEnjoyer,

This BIOS is a proprietary HP type. Messing with it may or may not work.

There is a DXE section with a PciBusDXE in it.

You can add the ReBarDxe.ffs to the end of the DXE section and see what happens.

edit :- I did it for you. No idea if it will flash, boot at all, or kill it completely. Use at your own risk.

Good luck

N03_0237_ReBAR.zip (4.4 MB)

Thanks! Any recommendations on how not to brick my PC? I understand I need a backup—how would I go about doing it? I am completly new to this