Removing Protected Range Registers.

@izzy2004 - sorry, I don’t know much about Phoenix, so I probably can’t help. But, if that guide you linked shows how, then I can advise if you can’t understand the guide.
Let me see what’s going on there, and then look at your BIOS and see what applies, if anything. * Edit - we’re talking the x250 BIOS right?

Ohh, no, that guide is about AMI Aptio BIOS, so totally unrelated. You need to find a guide about Phoenix menu unlocking.
I think there is a good PDF about this floating around somewhere, and I have it somewhere I think, but have never used
I found it - http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…198042655938919

* Edit - what main BIOS sections can you see now? Anything hidden in an already visible menu section is easy edit to make visible, but menu section you cannot see is what would be more difficult to make visible.

Oh my goodness, I completely didnt see this. I have since changed laptops a few times now and am on a AMD T14s and tinyurl is no longer a site! Time sure does fly. But I wanted to thank you for taking time to help me regarding. Thank you.

Hello,

Sml6397 from BIOS-Mods here.

Not sure if you are still looking for a Phoenix UEFI modding guide, but I plan on releasing a Phoenix UEFI modding guide in the next couple weeks. It is mostly complete, one modification technique and some touching up withstanding.

I also want to thank Lost_N_BIOS for sharing their incredible wealth of knowledge with the BIOS modding community, as well as people like you izzy who are willing to allow us BIOS modders to experiment with new BIOS modding techniques!

I have only learned to modify Phoenix UEFI in June of this year. And it is thanks to the colossal wealth of knowledge that people like Lost_N_BIOS and BDMaster have shared. I hope to take all of that knowledge and concentrate it into a single, easy to understand guide aimed at beginner UEFI modders like myself.

~Steven

Hi @Lost_N_BIOS I have a question for you. I have an ASUS Z9PR-D12 motherboard which I would like to make it accept any graphics card, mainly an NVIDIA geforce GTX TITAN. The motherboard only takes Quatro / Tesla voluntarily, by ASUS. There is a very high chance I am 99.9% sure it is a software blocking via the bios. How would you blow the locks?

Thanks!

Do you have a compatible graphic card to be installed in this MB? I can try to find the locks then.

@Sweet_Kitten

Well, I’m currently using an NVIDIA Quadro 5000. Hence I’m looking for a custom bios to get it accepted.

@AlexON.ca
If there are locks, they could be found by searching hardware IDs in BIOS. Please, indicate hardware ids of the supported card.

@AlexON.ca

You may have to wait for a reply. Our BIOS Modding Guru Lost_N_BIOS hasn’t been online since January 2021.

@Fernando
I’m not sure I’m following you?

EDIT: Oh… Oh I see.

@Sweet_Kitten
uh, I’m not sure I understand. I am using an NVIDIA Quatro 5000 in the meantime because my GTX Titan black works but does not display anything. So which card did you want the info for?

Quadro.

Ok perfect. I give you that shortly

EDIT: Hi there. I dont forget you. It just I cannot install windows because just before the installation, I have a BSOD ( ACPI BIOS ERROR), so I use Ubuntu. I dont know if that can you help.

Graphics: Device-1: NVIDIA GF100GL [Quadro 5000] driver: nouveau v: kernel bus ID: 02:00.0 chip ID: 10de:06d9

or

sudo lspci -nnk | grep VGA -A1
02:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: NVIDIA Corporation GF100GL [Quadro 5000] [10de:06d9] (rev a3)
Subsystem: NVIDIA Corporation GF100GL [Quadro 5000] [10de:0770]

hardinfo_report.txt (58.8 KB)

@AlexON.ca
Thanks for information provided but I see no locks in your BIOS.

Really? you kill all hope that I have left

That would be a great help,please do that if time allows!
Thanks for sharing in advance.