[Request] Unlocked Acer Nitro 5 (AN515-54) BIOS

@Lost_N_BIOS

Wow that’s awesome!! I will let you know about my tests with both bios.

Thanks again for your time!

=)

@bressawsk - You’re welcome! Yes, please report back once you’ve had a chance to test and tinker, thanks

Do you also have Firmware limited TDP? I have the 1050 version and no XTU or Bios tweak seems to solve it, will cap to 54w short duration and 45w long period. I’m wondering if there is a way around this, considering I’m using LM, I don’t have temperature problems.

@Lost_N_BIOS

Many thanks! I confirm both BIOS #1 & #2 fully working working! Ive playing with the configs and still couldn’t remove the TDP Limit of 35w long duration.
Additional i remove some thermal limits, indeed, my system is working much more flawless, and the temps didn’t go any degree higher.

Ps. Please everybody, carefull with unlocked settings (From any bios!) there are lot of sensitive options that can hard-brick your system.

IMG_20200910_192640.jpg

IMG_20200910_192649.jpg

IMG_20200910_192652.jpg

IMG_20200910_192655.jpg

IMG_20200910_192658.jpg

IMG_20200910_192700.jpg

IMG_20200910_192701.jpg

Hello I need to download this Bios MOD but the link is broken; t6402f16-REQUEST-Acer-Nitro-AN.html can you help me please @ Lost_N_BIOS

TinyUpload is dead since 3 months ago I think
-----------------------------

I can’t Put the link… Sorry but is maded by @Lost_N_BIOS s

@Skraunes - Tinyupload has only been down for a little over a week now. Do you know any news/info about that?
Now that you have made some (1) posts you can add links

Merging this back to the main thread, you should have replied there initially
So, about this link… All BIOS here for this model are personal, so you should not use any BIOS linked here anyway, please do the following below

First - Download the following package, and run the command below from each versions folder that directly contains it’s exe.
Once done, copy the entire folder somewhere, delete everything but any created vars.txt and then repackage this and send to me, this way all created vars.txt remain in place in the folders of the version that created them.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/8v98ya

Command to run >> H2OUVE.exe -gv vars.txt

Then, once I have the above file, and send back to you AND You have flashed it back in, then you will do step #1 of below spoiler
Do not do this yet!! You have to wait to do this until after I send you back unlocked vars and you’ve flashed it in and rebooted, then you do below #1 and send me the file. I’m only adding this now to save time.

If you have already modified the BIOS in ANY way, you will need to re-flash it back to factory defaults using factory method (NOT FPT)!!!
Additionally, please remove all BIOS passwords, disable secure boot, and disable TPM or Encryption if you have enabled. Do this before moving on to below

If you do not have Intel ME drivers installed, install them now from your system driver download page, then start over here after reboot.
Check your BIOS’ main page and see if ME FW version is shown. If not then > DOWNLOAD HWINFO64 HERE <

Once HWINFO is open, look at the large window on the left side, expand motherboard, and find the ME area.
Inside that section is the ME Firmware version. Take note of the version. (ie. write it down or get a screenshot)

Once you have that, go to the thread linked below, and in the section “C.2” find and download the matching ME System Tools Package for your system.
(ie if ME FW version = 10.x get V10 package, if 9.0-9.1 get V9.1 package, if 9.5 or above get V9.5 package etc)
> DOWNLOAD " ME System Tools " packages HERE <

Once downloaded, inside you will find Flash Programming Tool folder, and then inside that a Windows or Win/Win32 folder (NOT x64).
Highlight that Win/Win32 folder, then hold shift and press right click. Choose “open command window here” (Not power shell! >> * See Registry file below *).

If you get an error, reply to this post with a screenshot of it, OR write down the EXACT command entered and the EXACT error given.

((If “open command window here” does not appear, look for the “Simple Registry Edit” below…))

Step #1

Now you should be at the command prompt.
You are going to BACKUP the factory un-modified firmware, so type the following command:
Command: " FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin "

>> Attach the saved "biosreg.bin ", placed into a compressed ZIP/RAR file, to your next post!!! <<

Step #2

Right after you do that, try to write back the BIOS Region dump and see if you get any error(s).
Command: " FPTw.exe -bios -f biosreg.bin "
^^ This step is important! Don’t forget! ^^

If you get an error, reply to this post with a screenshot of it, OR write down the EXACT command entered and the EXACT error given.

Here is a SIMPLE REGISTRY EDIT that adds “Open command window here as Administrator” to the right click menu, instead of Power Shell
Double-click downloaded file to install. Reboot after install may be required
> CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD CMD PROMPT REGISTRY ENTRY <

If the windows method above does NOT work for you…
Then you may have to copy all contents from the Flash Programming Tool \ DOS folder to the root of a Bootable USB disk and do the dump from DOS
( DOS command: " FPT.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin " )

Thanks !! You are a real hero !!, His dns are down i contacted with Twitter support so maybe you need to change you upload servers/

@Skraunes - You’re welcome! And thanks, so you spoke with them (Tinyupload) directly? If yes, and it’s just DNS servers, hopefully that will be fixed soon, it usually doesn’t take this long though so worried
It’s hard to find a good free host, without hassles to download, that also doesn’t delete files after 10-3 days etc. Do you know any good ones?

One more thing; i can’t see the C.2 section on the thread

C.2 is in second post of the linked thread, I just checked to make sure the topic info wasn’t resorted or something

I find it !! Thank you

Sorry for make you wait :frowning: I was having personals issues so I was not having time for do this!! SORRY!!

I think I did good… please check

https://www.sendspace.com/file/utgeap

@Lost_N_BIOS

You can please help me bro? :frowning: @Lost_N_BIOS

@Lost_N_BIOS ::frowning:

Hello Good Night, I need a BIOS mod for my laptop because I need modify voltages of the cpu’s!!

I can pay… Please seomeone help me!!

Here are the vars:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/utgeap
Thank you

@Skraunes - What BIOS version are you using?

1.31 SIR.

@Skraunes - Please drop this file into H2OUVE_100.00.18.04 folder, then run command below from that folder
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…310983771721268

H2OUVE.exe -sv varsm.txt

Then reboot, and do FPT spoiler step #1-2 again using new name (like biosregnew.bin), once you pass step #2, send me new file from step #1

If you have already modified the BIOS in ANY way, you will need to re-flash it back to factory defaults using factory method (NOT FPT)!!!
Additionally, please remove all BIOS passwords, disable secure boot, and disable TPM or Encryption if you have enabled. Do this before moving on to below

If you do not have Intel ME drivers installed, install them now from your system driver download page, then start over here after reboot.
Check your BIOS’ main page and see if ME FW version is shown. If not then > DOWNLOAD HWINFO64 HERE <

Once HWINFO is open, look at the large window on the left side, expand motherboard, and find the ME area.
Inside that section is the ME Firmware version. Take note of the version. (ie. write it down or get a screenshot)

Once you have that, go to the thread linked below, and in the section “C.2” find and download the matching ME System Tools Package for your system.
(ie if ME FW version = 10.x get V10 package, if 9.0-9.1 get V9.1 package, if 9.5 or above get V9.5 package etc)
> DOWNLOAD " ME System Tools " packages HERE <

Once downloaded, inside you will find Flash Programming Tool folder, and then inside that a Windows or Win/Win32 folder (NOT x64).
Highlight that Win/Win32 folder, then hold shift and press right click. Choose “open command window here” (Not power shell! >> * See Registry file below *).

((If “open command window here” does not appear, look for the “Simple Registry Edit” below…))

Step #1

Now you should be at the command prompt.
You are going to BACKUP the factory un-modified firmware, so type the following command:
Command: " FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin "

>> Attach the saved "biosreg.bin ", placed into a compressed ZIP/RAR file, to your next post!!! <<

Step #2

Right after you do that, try to write back the BIOS Region dump and see if you get any error(s).
Command: " FPTw.exe -bios -f biosreg.bin "
^^ This step is important! Don’t forget! ^^

Here is a SIMPLE REGISTRY EDIT that adds “Open command window here as Administrator” to the right click menu, instead of Power Shell
Double-click downloaded file to install. Reboot after install may be required
> CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD CMD PROMPT REGISTRY ENTRY <

If the windows method above does NOT work for you…
Then you may have to copy all contents from the Flash Programming Tool \ DOS folder to the root of a Bootable USB disk and do the dump from DOS
( DOS command: " FPT.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin " )

Hello!

My Acer Nitro 5 has most of its options disabled. Only things im able to edit are Secure Boot and SATA mode.
I wondered if someone could unlock it for me. I tried contacting people at bios-mods, but got no support in the end.

My BIOS is currently ver. 1.32
Download link below:

global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_1.32_A_A.zip?acerid=637405098808140946&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=NITRO&Step3=NITRO%20AN515-54&OS=ALL&LC=pt&BC=ACER&SC=PA_3

I can provide a BIOS dump if necessary.
Laptop was bought in Brazil
I will also pay if necessary, i just really need this mod. Tired of having to do things like software undervolt and having no way to disable hardware such as the TPM (which i dont use, but its there)

If you read this, Thanks in advance, from the bottom of my heart!

EDIT: typo

@mrAlvaretA - Merged to main thread for this model. Please see post #5 and do that, then see post #7 and do that.