[Request] Add NVME pcie support to AsRock Z77 Pro4-M latest bios please

Hello everyone! Im so pleased to have found this site, there was an already modded bios for another board of mine that worked beautifully. Thanks To RedJamaX and SkyRo for that.
I was wondering if anyone could mod or send an already modded bios pcie nvme support for an “AsRock Z77 Pro4-M” board with latest bios version. I would greatly appreciate it! There is another post here about the AsRock Z77 Pro4 would that work for this M board or unlikely? Thanks!

I’ll link to the bios if needed I think I would want the latest beta 2.10, or would 2.00 be better? Asrock z77 pro4-m bios

Unlikely.
Follow the guide and do the mod yourself: [HowTo] Get full NVMe Support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS - Special Topics / NVMe Support for old Systems - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

1 Like

Here you go: Z77P4MMod.rar (4.3 MB)
Resizable Bar at 8GiB is possible if you use 32GiB of ram, or unlimited if you’re using 16GiB of ram. Also depends on card for rebar support, for AMD minimum of R9 390/X, RX 470/80/570/80 8GB version, nvidia minimum RTX 3000 series.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info and suggestion, I appreciate it! I think I will give it a try the next time I need a bios mod.

Thanks a bunch! That is very kind of you to provide. Is that based on the 2.10 bios?

Edit: Oh I see the file says 2.12, either way highly appreciated!

yes it is based on 2.10, also i updated the efi realtek lan to 2.057, i hope it works. tell me if anything not working.

if you want to try a newer efi realtek lan driver to 2.063, hmu.

Very nice. You’re a legend! I will report back when I test it out. Hopefully I’ll have the components im waiting on soon.

1 Like

ApoIogies for not being able to report back sooner. I finally got some time to do some preliminary testing. Firstly, it flashed no problems!

Other than an initial scare when first going into instant flash. Perhaps I had too many extras on the drive or it might have switched display adapter for instant flash menu. Cleaning extras from flash drive and using f6 to flash menu resolved that.

My 970 EP was detected on both a sabrent adapter, and an asus hyper m.2 v2 card in 3.0 and 2.0 slots, and booted with boot manager. All relevent bios settings appear to be available. Apparently I forgot to save the crystaldisk results but I remember it was around max speeds for this drive on pcie 3.0. I have not done much further testing, such as resizing bar.

Truly excellent work @Koekieezz ! I appreciate your assistance and expertise. Let me know if you would like me to test anything else. Best wishes!

1 Like

Just use the board as usual and no testing intended, so that you would find wierd things happen whenever you do something unintended. Maybe test the iGPU?

Also for Resizable Bar, you could enable Above 4G Decoding in the bios settings (could you find Above 4G Decoding in the bios settings?) + Disable CSM Support. Full UEFI would only run when CSM Support is disabled.

After that you could use this app and run as admin, set it at 13, enter and reboot, then you could use 8GB of bar size, if your gpu supports Rebar. Actually you could set it to unlimited (32), but Ivy Bridge was limited to 36Bit physical address bit, so yeah if you use 32gb of ram you could only use 8GB of bar size, since the space is limited.

Oh also, Here you go, if you use the LAN and want to test latest Realtek DXE Driver 2.063 (the one i gave to you is ver 2.057): Z77P4M632.rar (4.3 MB)

1 Like