[Request] Asrock H81TM-ITX 2.0 BIOS 1.40 mod nvme boot

TOPIC WINRAID

Hello there,

Has i need to optimize my little computer, there’s a pci-e 2.0 x4 left over on the motherboard, that could let me add a nvme drive and have 2 SATA inside.

Here’s the motherboard of this topic: Asrock H81TM-ITX 2.0

BIOS actual version: 1.40

I follow the cool and clear guide made by Fernando !

(I had the space problem so i follow the steps in Meatwar’s guide, and removed the chinese language in the BIOS)

Many thanks to Fernando and Meatwar for theirs guides ! Thumbs up Guys ! :clap: :heart_hands:

So i read it all, follow it step by step carefully, and modded a bios in version 1.40. It seems OK at first sight, nvme driver is present and no pad-file.

But, has i am very new in bios modding, i am hoping if someone could check if the modded bios i did is OK please? Because it is always risky to mess with bios upgrade :sweat_smile:

As i’m new here, i can’t upload directly, so here’s a link with both bios (original and modded with .fd extension)

Many thanks in advance !

Have a good day :saluting_face:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, glad you made it, enjoy it, cheers.

1 Like

Thank you Meatwar !

Can you tell me if the modded BIOS is OK for you please?

If OK, maybe it can be added in a collection for other people in the future :wink:

Sure, the forum has sections for this…

I’m sure that the mod is OK… don’t have time to check it now, but i will.
You can make a new offer post and attach on the same post the mod file (Compressed RAR/ZIP, less than 6Mb), and describe the contents of the mod.

Even if a “peculiar” user doesnt trust the shared files or prefers to do the mod himself, at least he will know that there’s a success report, it’s always a valuable asset for other forum visitors.

1 Like

I’m sure that the mod is OK… don’t have time to check it now, but i will.
You can make a new offer post and attach on the same post the mod file (Compressed RAR/ZIP, less than 6Mb), and describe the contents of the mod.

No problem, i double check and it seems still OK ! Be sure i’ll share it :wink:

Even if a “peculiar” user doesnt trust the shared files or prefers to do the mod himself, at least he will know that there’s a success report, it’s always a valuable asset for other forum visitors.

Totally agree on that ^^

So i tried to flash the modded BIOS => YOLO mode activated :rofl:

And i encounter the “Secure flash check fail” so i follow the guide

No problem at all to unlock it, steps are well explained ^^

And i can tell you that the modded BIOS i did with yours guides is a success !
I can see the nvme drive on a pci-e x4 card adapter as a “PATA” and installed Win10 on without a issue :ok_hand:

I am performing tests this week-end, as i encounter a problem with a toshiba nvme drive who wasn’t performing at it’s best (surely a driver issue) and i have others nvme drives (Samsung, Hynix,etc) to test with.

I’ll reply as soon as i finish my tests :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes