[Request] Asus Pro WS W680-ACE Bios Mod Need Help

I tried everything. I like to properly flash a custom bios. I already extracted and unlocked all hidden options and removed all suppressions. I tried flashing through Windows and couldn’t. I tried patching and removing protections and such. Even tried spoofing making a CAP file copying over the header and using easy flashback on the back of the motherboard wasn’t that successful. I love to get my Bios fully unlocked. Here’s a link to an unmodified copy of the Bios: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/BIOS/Pro-WS-W680-ACE-ASUS-3501.zip?model=Pro%20WS%20W680-ACE if someone can guide me and get this would be grateful.

Usually…99,9% the USB BFB feature works for flashing mods on ASUS.
Now what and how the file was modded…
[Guide] How to flash a modded AMI UEFI BIOS - BIOS/UEFI Modding / BIOS Modding Guides and Problems - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

Problem is need help properly doing it. Considering this latest chipset it might have those things patched by ASUS. It be great to properly remove flash protection and get this modified bios done. Only things from that guide i could try AI Suite one but don’t think that will work. I do have a flasher incase that’s last resort but i don’t know how to properly use it at all. Hopefully someone can help. I am willing to try whatever it takes to get it done. I spent days on this.

That would be great for all users that wanted a mod flashed, unfortunately AMI security in conjunction with OEM security do all their efforts, not to support this.
So what you may find around is ways to bypass/trick the system, in this case the offline by USB BFB was one of those, primarily.
You may try using FPT tool if FD is unlock or if it can be unlocked or finally, using an SPI IC programmer.
All my current and past ASUS mbs, all with USB BFB, were successful flashed with mods, using this feature, all the fail mods were also recovered to a working state, suing original bios files, also with this feature.
Good luck and you may wait for other users contributions.

So wait even if you used a flasher tool it may not work? If someone can help prep a proper .cap file for me be great i am still willing to try again on flash back method. Because guide i saw preping a stock cap file i see where header is 1000h. I went to modded rom i copied it over to stock and saved it and tried to flash it and motherboard did see it blinked then went to soild green and light stayed up. It detects it but refuses to flash it. Maybe it changed or method different on a workstation class board like mine. That’s what i am hoping if someone can help guide me.

Sure…why the surprise??? This is mod world, anything has a chance of failing… even original update files can have issues, like all those Z490 boards that were death because of ME 14.1 update embedded in bios update files for Rocket Lake support…
CAP files cannot be used in SPI programmers, CAP is the OEM signature, the header must be removed.

These 32Mbit files takes about 3 to 5m to flash, the blinking rate will increase in the 2nd stage but some Asus boards are very “picky” regarding USB drives sizes and model.
I dont recall seeing any notes regarding different USB BFB methods on desktop vs workstations.

EDIT:

I don’t recall seeing recent reports, of this working on modern ASUS mbs, past Intel 100 Series. At least with Win1x OS…

My advice, do FPT backups, get a CH341A or similar and perform readings/safe keep files, before any mod attempt.

Removing header and such would be fine if i can flash it directly if everything else doesn’t work. But hoping doesn’t have to resoet to that. But yeah usb drive works fine i used it to flash stock ones before. If i am doing something wrong hoping someone can help. Later today will try AI suite method but not really sure if it will work. I am really thinking it’s changed compared to other boards. Plus since not a gaming type board might need different steps.

Update the AI Suite Method works however guides i followed might be different for the board. I do not see new menu options and ect. I think it using different GUID path or something. I used a guide discussing it here: [Guide] Usage of AMI’s AptioV UEFI Editor + FPT Flash Method

So yeah I need help finding the proper one for my board so I can see options. I can upload my modded CAP file if needed. The trick is not to bother with hex editing in data and moving to stock one. I just saved it as a CAP in the UEFI Tool, and then it worked. But if I can solve the issue now by getting proper menus showing and all suppressions removed, we will be golden. It uses a non-fancy interface like the 90s one. So whatever these guides have isn’t for my type of board.

My friend…code is code, strings are strings, AMI Aptio V core bios is AMI current engine, nothing to do with the graphical display interface for user…
You can try the outdated AMBCP v5.x… that might produce unexpected results.