[Request] AVX Offset for ASUS X99-E WS & Haswell

@lev - sorry for late reply! Yes, maybe that’s reason? Or, maybe they will add both later. Good to know about BIOS name and flashing on this model, some Asrock need it to be the same I think, or maybe only a few require that?
Or, do you just mean extension doesn’t matter, but actual name does?

@nuno169 - The three BIOS I posted above at post #16 for test are not same at all, BIOS 1 & two have different edits, and BIOS 3 is combo of 1+2 (same probably true for BIOS at post #6 too, I didn’t check).
However, none of that applies to your board from post #16, since you have an Asus board, those files, method, and test results apply to that Asrock board BIOS Only.

Method to unlock this for your board is at post #8, unless the E WS is different than the PRO for this edit and it may be (I mean method required, 3 methods outlined at post #16). Extract BIOS body from capsule, do the mod, insert back into capsule via hex, flash via USB Flashback.
If you do not do that, then you have unsigned capsule probably, will not flashback. Here is mod BIOS, flash via USB Flashback ONLY (Stop if your board does not have USB Flashback and let me know, do not try to flash using other methods)

I checked your mod BIOS, looks OK to me as far as this mod itself goes, but this is bad BIOS rebuild (missing 2 x critical pad files).
I would have advised to never flash this BIOS, you’re lucky it didn’t brick! Maybe it never flashed in due to this, did USB Flashback work normally?

BadMod.png

Here is properly edited BIOS, flash via USB Flashback only, if this does not work/show the setting, then I need to make you test set so we can see which method your board needs -
https://ufile.io/2z2kiahd

Hi, Sorry for late reply but it’s due to being unable to flashback.
My modded bios was not by flashback, and it wasn’t really updating the bios but I was thinking it was.
Even with your modded bios it is not flashbacking.
I opened your bios and I believe it is with same issue mine was, but I might be wrong.
But after long try and error, I was able to update the bios body by FPT, disabling the secure boot, and in mine bios as well in your bios it shows the avx offset option finally, However when changing it from auto, it really doesn’t change anything (at least reported on cpu speed/multiplier) when on avx/avx2 workloads (tried both), and even seems to me that is causes some minor “hangs” on responsiveness of the system.
Is there a big difference between the 2 methods? That can cause the option to not be properly applied?
Thank you!

@nuno169 - Mod BIOS should be flashed by USB Flashback, if that’s not working but you can USB Flashback stock BIOS, then it means bad BIOS image (ie don’t try to flash it with anything else, such as AFU meant for decades older BIOS)
My BIOS is fine to flashback, sounds like your USB Stick not compatible, or something in your flashback method is not correct.

AVX does not affect CPU multiplier as far as I know, but I’m not 100% sure what it does to a workload. I do think you have to run some specific AVX test to make it be used though.
You can see if it’s enabled/disable in the little CPU-z like window of HWINFO64 (I think)

No, you edited BIOS in same proper way as I did, to make the setting visible in BIOS, that’s all that’s needed for this, once visible it applies the same.
I was only saying your BIOS rebuild was bad, not the mod for the setting itself (that was fine)

@Lost_N_BIOS

[[File:??? ??? 2020-03-10 ? 14.58.41.png]]

Hello .
And for ASUS X99-E WS / USB 3.1 for the latest version of BIOS 4001 can be done.
Thanks .

And can you just rearrange SETUP from post number 6 to your BIOS ?

?????? ?????? 2020-03-10 ? 14.58.41.png

Done .

?????? ?????? 2020-03-13 ? 20.23.58.png

@mimixa - Sorry, I don’t understand what you are asking at end of post #24. Nor, do I understand what image is above.
Do you still need help with the edit, or did you get it done yourself?

@Lost_N_BIOS

Thanks, I did everything.
I extracted Setup and did
find 0A 82 12 06 02 04 00 00 1C 90 54 06 55 06 3F 28
replace 0A 82 12 06 02 04 FF 00 1C 90 54 06 55 06 3F 28
I now have an AVX Core Ratio Negative Offset

Check, in my opinion everything turned out correctly

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JSiOHs…5k_R8kz-omb3jHb

Dear mimixa,

is it possible that you upload the BIOS file again, the link you posted is not working anymore. Or maybe somone other can do the modification for me.
I am still looking for the latest bios (4001) with AVX Core ratio negative offset for my mainboard Asus X99-E WS. Thank you.

Freejack

1 Like

@Freejack24 - Not sure if you still need this but I was able to follow Lost_N_BIOS’s instructions to create the modified BIOS file and it worked for me.

Here’s a link to the X99-E WS BIOS 4001 Modified with AVX Offsets;

I cannot extend enough love for all the hard work Lost_N_BIOS has put into this community. He also enabled Bifurcation on my X79-Deluxe. Absolute legend.

1 Like

@Xenophobian Thank you for uploading your modified BIOS for others.

As for Lost_N_BIOS, I feel the same. He worked tirelessly to help so many people (myself included) and is sorely missed.

1 Like

I am unsure if the AVX offset command is even working. Trying with a 1660 V3 and the core clocks do not change when running an AVX workload. Just a heads-up but YMMV.

1 Like