[REQUEST] Bios mod for Gigabyte Z370P-D3 Rev1.0 for Skylake

@Lost_N_BIOS I have never used FPT before, the first time was the flashback that you told me to do hehe,

Should I flash it, ir should I wait?,

Also, I’m having hard time downloading from tinyupload :pensive:

Picture of the LAN Code added

EDIT: In case you need, the code is: E0D55E490C20

IMG_20191105_091137.jpg

@Lost_N_BIOS

When I did this myself, one year ago, used ME 11.7.0.1261.

Is version 11.6.29.3287 better?

Just downloaded the stock BIOS (at the time, included SKL/KBL microcodes), downgraded the ME and flashed with modded EFIFLASH.

@Shana - It’s OK, we can fix! Did you get the board used, or new? Or, have you ever sent it off, or had anyone, recover the BIOS for you?
This usually happens when someone programs in stock BIOS with FPT, but can also happen with other BIOS recovery methods, or sometimes it can be normal if there is no Intel Gigabit LAN on the board
Usually there is no GbE region when there is no Gigabit LAN, but sometimes they may be too lazy to remove, or forget etc. Does your Ethernet LAN work, please test? If it works, then no issue, they forgot or left in place due to lazy

I checked your BIOS, and that ID is not in there anywhere, so MAC must be stored in chip and if you can use Ethernet then no Intel Gigabit LAN On this board
It’s OK to go ahead, sorry for late reply, it was always OK, we could fix this if needed anytime by flashing GbE only, but it’s not used in your case I think

* Edit - Sorry! I forgot, here is another upload to different site in case you never got the tinyupload file (Sometimes that site doesn’t’ work well with Proxy or VPN, so could be the issue you’re having) - https://ufile.io/284t1aor

@daniel_k - Thanks for the info, and good to know! No, there is no reason I used the ME FW I did, only due to I know that one works and was not 100% sure about if 11.7.0.12xx worked in all cases or not.
Now that we know from your info I can later update this to that one if Shana wants. Did you try others above that one and they failed?

I’m not sure what all BIOS has the Sky/Kaby microcodes needed for this instance (506E3/906E9), F2 did, but F14 didn’t, I thought best to use latest BIOS for performance/bug issues being worked out much better there vs older BIOS.
Which version are you using now?

Also thank you, good to know EFIFlash will downgrade the ME FW, I suspected Qflash wouldn’t which is why I had her use FPT here

Ok, everything looks to be working good (i can’t test LAN for now).

Really thanks for that, now, i kinda want to do it myself, i have one more Gigabyte z370 and one H310 (not sure if it is supported),

May i know which guide i need to use? Or what i need to do?

EDIT: Some images added

IMG_20191105_175427.jpg

IMG_20191105_180247 - copia.jpg

IMG_20191105_175418.jpg

@Shana - great to see it’s working smoothly, thanks for quick report back!

This will only work on Z370, H310C, and B365, so I think only your Z370 is candidate for this kind of mod BIOS

Here is guide on how to change the ME FW - [Guide] Clean Dumped Intel Engine (CS)ME/(CS)TXE Regions with Data Initialization
And here is my guide on how to do microcodes and fix the FIT Table once you are done - [GUIDE] Update CPU Microcode + Fix FIT Using UEFITool / Hex

Certain BIOS you must use MMTool to the microcode updates, others you can do with UEFITool version 25, how to know which depends on below information.
And, sometimes more involved methods must be used in conjunction with either of those tools, to work around/avoid the issues outlined below.

Extra care must be taken with microcode updates that is not covered in this or any other microcode update guide that I’ve ever seen.
In many BIOS now, there is padding modules above microcode volumes, and many tools/methods either add or remove these when doing updates, and that can lead to bricked BIOS (but not always). So, best practice is to make sure your before and after BIOS match in this regard
This also applies to any padding or Non-UEFI modules in other areas of BIOS, this are usually shown in the “Parser” tab of UEFITool 51-55 (Don’t rely on 25 or 26, sometimes it does not show all these in parser tab).
So you always need to compare stock/before BIOS with after/mod BIOS, with UEFITool 51-55 NA Alpha, side by side and check the general padding/Non-UEFI modules, as well as any above and below the microcode volume entries too.

Neither of the edits to do this are what one would call simple, and risk is higher than usual for bricked BIOS when updating microcodes too, caution is required or have someone check your edit before you flash,

Your Ethernet LAN is probably OK, I think MAC ID is stored in chip FW on that model, because the ID you showed is not in the BIOS.