[Request] BIOS mod for ASUS H81M-E/M51AD/DP_MB

Hello, I have ASUS H81M-E/M51AD/DP_MB motherboard, could IT be activated or modified in the BIOS, so that from booting PCI-E NVME.
There is no option in BIOS to disable secure boot, is it possible to add this option as well,

Link to BIOS download

Thank you

Start working
[HowTo] Get full NVMe Support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS - Special Topics / NVMe Support for old Systems - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

[Guide] How to flash a modded AMI UEFI BIOS - BIOS/UEFI Modding / BIOS Modding Guides and Problems - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

EDIT: AMIBCP should still be valid on this bioses Intel 8Gen, modify the Access on that string from Default to User, this should only be done on the bios_region or a bios dump backup (A MUST for safe keeping in a mod failure/bricked board), not on a CAP file.
Plenty of the same subject on the forum, lets try to search and learn a bit, thats it, good luck

I would say thank you, but only partially for NVME support, I am fully unaware where to look for secure boot and how to enable option?
Any suggestions and tips will be highly appreciated.

Ignore the AMIBCP mod… i just checked the bios.
Do NOT IGNORE a backup of your current bios.
Only in pure UEFI mode (CSM Disable) you can change the Secure boot, its there no mod required.

Pure UEFI is also required for NVMe boot/OS Install so your done and ready after ONLY the NVMe mod according the guide.

1 Like

Thanks a ton, the thing is even with disabled CSM, I can’t disable secure boot, no option for that. The only available options are Windows UEFI / other OS.
I want comlpetely disable secure boot because I am trying to make hackintosh machine.

Other OS should disable Secure boot

Did you check the secure boot state with powershell (admin) ‘Confirm-SecureBootUEFI’ of msinfo32 ‘Secure Boot State’

1 Like

I have unpacked CAP and inserted NVME ffs, should I capsulate again or can flash .ROM directly?

@pitajax
Please follow MeatWar’s advice and read his linked Guide about how to flash a modded ASUS mainboard UEFI BIOS. This is not the topic of this thread.

Unfortunately, BIOS is locked - I can’t do anything with it…, even I can’t read to backup.
I would appreciate if anyone more experienced can have a look and make changes

Intel Management engine is too old for W11
NVME support

Because this motherboard is from proprietary hardware ASUS system BIOS if fully locked, if it is possible to unlock it, will be great

Im really not sure of your actions and methods you performed but also dont have time to teach who doesnt have some basics.

If its “Locked” as you say…how and were or doing what you also didnt mentioned or care for (we are fortune tellers and we guess it all), an SPI programmer can be used or you can try the methods in the following threads:
[Guide] Unlock Intel Flash Descriptor Read/Write Access Permissions for SPI Servicing - Special Topics / Intel Management Engine - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

[GUIDE] Grub Fix Intel FPT Error 280 or 368 - BIOS Lock Asus/Other Mod BIOS Flash - BIOS/UEFI Modding / BIOS Modding Guides and Problems - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

[GUIDE] Usage of AMI’s AptioV UEFI Editor + FPT Flash Method - BIOS/UEFI Modding / BIOS Modding Guides and Problems - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

@pitajax, I have K30AD.
M51AD_modded.zip (4.8 MB)

1 Like

I really appreciate it, but unfortunately it does not work. I did flash with AFUwinx64 / gan following guide from this forum, MB become dead.
I bought a programmer C341A - flashed directly - again no luck…
Finally flashed original .CAP - MB is alive again, I am confused… this particular Motherboard has locked Region, locked descriptors… pretty much everything is locked.

I am almost on the way to let it go…

@pitajax, I do not believe you. We have the same Asus branded mobos. The difference is only in the case and the CPU. I working with this BIOS from 2015. I repeat for you, K30AD, M51AD - it’s the same mobo.
I dont know what I must to say more for you. Try to flash my BIOS with CH341. Flash-chip movable, its easy.

@Michael_Code , don’t get me wrong, you are the only one who shared without asking me to get familiar with the BIOS code, and I am really grateful, even thought to send you a donation if this BIOS worked, but it doesn’t … I will give a try again without changing UUID and MAC with FD33Editor, if it works I will shout here.

@pitajax, OK. But this mobo working with Pentium G3240 and mutant 4980hq too. Without flash BIOS, only change CPU.
About S/N, UUID, MAC, etc. Its fake data, from my head.
Try CH341, in BIOS all locks off, next time flash with FPT.

@pitajax. OK.
In stock BIOS in bios setup
Advanced-PCH Configuration-BIOS Security Configuration

• BIOS lock - ON
    ASUStek lock bios for write.
    You can use IFRextractor and EFI shell
    set_var 0x…,0x…
    You will find guidance on this forum.

@pitajax reload, please, archive.

Finally made it. C341A helped a lot. Thank you all, you can close the topic