[Request] bios mod for supermicro X10slm+-ln4f

Would you mind posting the working and non-working revision? I wonder what they could’ve done to disable this mod?

well the original 3.3 image was fine, but after i modded the 3.3 same as with 3.4 im stuck now, can’t get into bios anyore… i see the supermicro logo and system initializing but it reboots after code 4f and gives me 2 times 3 beeps and then reboots :frowning:

Did you update with programmer or software? This brick is without NVME disk and adapter, too?

i used the dos usb to flash the firmware while it was still booting, i disconnected the nvme disk and adapter, but no luck…

i have ipmi access still, so trying to boot the original 3.3 again on it

pfew i was able to get the original 3.3 back on it, so the system runs again… maybe someone can have a look at the original firmware and i attached the modded too, maybe i made a mistake.

when i updated the latest 3.4 firmware (modded), it booted the server, except 3.4 has the stupid UEFI issue, not sure why.
x10slmp0_mod.zip (4.0 MB)
x10slmp0_327.zip (4.1 MB)

attached is also version 3.4 original and modded

the strange thing is in the modded version is see windows boot manager… but the whole 3.4 firmware doesn’t boot anything UEFI. today i contacted supermicro about it, they said im the first who complained… but the internet is full of the issue, hence why people moved back to firmware 3.3
x10slmp1-modded.zip (4.0 MB)
x10slmp1_310.zip (4.1 MB)

Maybe someone else can shed their light over this? in the end if all doesn’t work, i can give the 3.2 firmware which is little older a shot, and try to mod and try if it boots from that one.

Small update, i modded bios 3.2 for this board inject the version 5 dxe driver

Works like a charm, boots on nvme :slight_smile:

That is cool, but you forgot to attach the file :wink: