[Request] Bios MSI Z77A-G41 (MS7758) NVMe

Hello.
I have an MSI Z77A-G41 (MS7758) motherboard in 3.0 and a QuadCore Intel Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge-DT IMC.
I want to change the BIOS and make the Windows 7 Ultimate and Linux system boot from NMMe via the PCI-E 16 slot, but so that everything else works as it should.
Please tell me, has anyone managed to solve this problem?
Does anyone have such a BIOS and a good experience of using it?
I have been studying this problem for a long time and have not found a modified BIOS.
Thank you.

Hello @Zohan,

It should be possible. Take a look at the following guide. If you get stuck I’m sure some nice people here can help.

Best regards,

1 Like

Thank you very much.
I’m going to do it now.

@Zohan

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/Z77A-G41/support

Updated microcode and GOP as well

mod_E7758IMS.rar (5.2 MB)

Cheers
Hans

1 Like

Here the MD5 sum is the same as the original?
If this is the case, then I will be a very happy programmer)))

My original Bios doesn’t see a file that starts with the word mod_
Can I change the kgo name without problems for the firmware?

PS
Thank you.
I have installed a new Bios MOD + NVMe = THERE IS NO PROBLEM.
Thank you brother.

Glad that worked out for you.

Cheers

Hans

1 Like

Good afternoon.
Thank you all for your help.
Bought NVMe HP SSDFX900 Plus M.2 + adapter m.2 - PCI-E
The bios sees it as PATA (without letters and numbers - just the inscription pata) - is that right?
But after booting Windows 7 Ultimate from the old HDD (MBR Legasy), the NVMe disk is not visible either using AOMEI or other methods.
Probably, in order to make NVMe a bootable disk, I need to boot from the Windows 10 Pro installation USB to install this Windows 10 Pro on NVMe?
Will it allow me to install Win10Pro if the USB flash drive is MBR and not GPT ?
Or now I have to live without Legacy MBR only UEFY GPT?
I would like to have two bootable disks in my PC, the old Windows 7 Ultimate (Legacy) on HDD and the new Windows 10 Pro (Uefi) NVMe.
Is it impossible to make Win10Pro on NVMe Legacy an MBR boot disk?
What are the options and how to do it right?

I have a confusion of Legacy - Uefi and MBR -GPT in my head.

But from the very beginning there was an idea to clone the HDD (MBR Legacy Windows 7 Ultimate) on NVMe and make it bootable in the Bios.
Apparently it doesn’t work out that way?

@Zohan
Since there is no need to post the same text into 2 different threads, I have deleted the other one.
Now to your questions:

Yes, this is the proof, that
a) the NVMe module has been properly inserted into the mainboard BIOS and
b) the modded BIOS has been properly flashed.

The NVMe SSD should be listed within the “Disks” section of the Win7 Device Manager, but it may need a matching NVMe driver for the NVMe Controller, which is inside the SSD.

Yes, you should just follow “Step 4” of >this< Guide. Don’t forget to unplug the HDD with the Win7 boot sector on it before you start with the Win10/11 installation.

No, if you want to boot off the NVMe SSD (which is the best choice to benefit from its performance).

Although it will be possible to boot into Win7 even after having successfully installed Win10/11 in UEFI mode onto the NVMe SSD (by entering the BIOS and changing the boot order from “UEFI” to “LEGACY”), I recommend to convert the Partition Scheme of your Win7 HDD from MBR to GPT. >Here< is a Guide how to get it done.

1 Like

Thank you.
You are cooler than any tech support.
I understand everything.
I’m starting to install on NVMe Win10Pro Uefi GPT.
Now I will redo the USB flash drive Win10Pro from MBR to GPT. And I’ll start the installation.
(How I hate Win10 - it doesn’t have an Aero theme like Win7. This is just some kind of execution for me)

Can you tell me a way to make a bootable NVMe on Windows 7 (just in case)
Thank you.

see this thread and glean what may apply to you.

Cheers
Hans