[REQUEST] Dell server R440 Resizable BAR mod

Ask @Scruffy what volume contains dxe modules on Dell

or better put the readable bios by uefi tools here

You can download my UEFITools readable bios here

50mb bios :smiley: never seen that.
try this and report backrebar_nvmeboot

added rebar and non dell nvme boot from pcie

edit: bios from dell file is 18mb in cap format, so in .bin should be 16mb for 128mbit rom.
ur bios is 50mb… i think it is dump of all bios in the server like bios+idrac+ec+otherbios rom.

@Scruffy Thanks for your help.

Dell’s .cap format does not contain the raw firmware bins, they’re LZMA compressed in there. That’s how an 18MB .cap became the 50MB I shared here. That said, when I look carefully at what UEFITools shows me, it looks like everything there is duplicated twice. I guess it could be that the bin contains two redundant copies of the bios for two redundant EEPROM chips on the hardware? (and maybe also some firmware for other bits)

I won’t be able to try this out until I can find Intel’s Server Platform Services system tools package (compatible with v04.01.04.901 in my system) providing a working FPT tool for my system though.

Can you tell me where you placed the new FFS modules in the mod you posted here? And can you link me to a description of the nvme boot from pcie mod you included? I’d like to understand that a bit better.

here is the position where i placed rebar and where i did remove then insert after for nvme dxe.

tried CSSPS4 yet?

Yeah, I’ve looked at those CSSPS4 downloads. Those archives contain firmware .bins only. I need the system tools package, with a FPT .exe that I can use to flash/dump my running firmware. Basically the equivalent of what’s linked in the downloads section of part C of this post, but for Server Platform Services (SPS) instead of CSME (the consumer grade stuff). It’s frustrating because downloads for the thing I need have been posted several times on this forum, but the links for them have all suffered link rot. I know someone here must still have it!

ok. I found the correct flash tool. but the bios EEPROM is write protected :frowning:

spsFPTW64.exe -BIOS -F backupA-6.bin

Intel (R) Flash Programming Tool for Server Platform Services.
Version:  4.2.97.185
Copyright (c) 2007 - 2018, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

Reading HSFSTS register... Flash Descriptor: Valid

--- Flash Devices Found ---
    W25Q256FV    ID:0xEF4019    Size: 32768KB (262144Kb)

Error 280: Failed to disable write protection for the BIOS space!

spsFPT Operation Failed

and I don’t see a service mode jumper on the hardware

try with uefi fpt if available.

try also 2 thing:
1)save bios with spsfptw64.exe -d bios.bin
2) try save bios region only with spsfptw64.exe -bios -d biosregion.bin

upload bios region bios somewhere.(with -bios command option 2)