[Request] EVGA Z490 Dark Bios Unlocked

@seranidy - Thanks, here, please test in the following order, stop once point A/B both = true >> Can you A. See them, and B. enter without issue?
For this test, we’re only looking at those three submenus you had issue with
1. SetO
2. SetAMITSDS
3. SetAMITSDU
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…810172182886285

Once we sort those, I will unlock the rest. This BIOS may have some internal bug, that only they can fix, which they wont, since this is hidden area anyway
So you may have to unlock the rest of the BIOS, and either hide those 3 submenus, or do not enter them

We’ll see what happens, i will let you know within the hour!
------------------

Small problem by the way. The dark isn’t accepting those as flashable because they are in a .rom file format.

Rename to whatever extension you want, sorry. Bin/Rom = same/same - Or, did you already do that, and your test results are above?
Also, please use edit function when no one has replied yet and you need to add more info, update etc. Thanks

Tested all 3 bios’s and the same problems occur

1,2 and 3 both hard lock as soon as i enter the menu.

Sounds like a manual unlock is needed.

ALL three hard lock when you enter Advanced? If yes, here, please test these three instead. These all have been normal manual unlock methods, just looks like we need to find what way works here and what does not etc
Same as above, test in this order, stop once all OK

1. SetO2
2. SetAMITSDS2
3. SetAMITSDU2
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…181713599183900

If these also fail, then there’s some bug in this BIOS in one of those menus, or all three. The only thing we can do in that case is go back to the original unlock via “Hide Item” setting reveal method, but hide those three menus.
If you need something changed from default in any of those, let me know and I can change for you manually. You can see contents in all three submenus by searching out the submenu in the setup IFR I included in first package.
Then scroll through each one and tell me what setting you need changed, and to what, then I can change it for you

@seranidy - * Edit - If the above three fail, please test this one, this has different edit ONLY to single submenu for now, just to see if this method alone is OK (can enter Adv & can see submenu)
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…330972885217419

Also, please confirm again, this fails and you can’t enter Advanced, correct?
This is new edit, but just something/method I had you test previously, but I want to confirm for sure this fails because it’s cleaner method and should be working (usually)
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…781295646227870

Hey, Sorry for the lack of updates today, but i was finally able to test out those 5 bios’s you sent me

1,2,3,4 all have the same issue of hard locking after trying to get into those subcategories

and the 5th one doesn’t show the categories in the bios at all.

Nice! Glad to see this is being worked on. I used to have that switch at the top of the Advanced menu to toggle the "Hide Item" feature in the X299 Dark XOC BIOS mod. I am missing that on the Z490 Dark K|NGP|N firmware. If you want a second tester to assist let me know.

@seranidy - Never a rush here, no worries!
So, 5th one? Do you mean this one (MOVE2), last link at post #25 - http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…781295646227870
That one lets you enter Advanced? But you cannot see “RC ACPI Settings” If yes, and yes, then here, please test these three now, this is that same BIOS + 3 different changes (RC ACPI Settings is the only submenu changed in these tests and the link at #25)
Test in this order >>
1. SetO2b
2. SetO2bAMITSDU
3. SetO2bAMITSDS
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…346324870062394

Please confirm, in your tests, when there was all three submenus, do all three lock up, or are you not sure and maybe only tested trying to enter 1, or 2, randomly etc?
This question does not apply to the BIOS above in this post, or 4/5 in post #25, all these BIOS has RC ACPI to be visible only.

@Mr_Fox - That setting is in this BIOS, and it works, we revealed previously, and may end up going back that way, just trying to see if other ways to enable hidden submenus also cause same issue on three problematic submenus.
We may end up having to leave these three hidden, it’s looking like there is some BIOS bug in at least one of the three (we have not single tested one by one to determine which or all 3 yet)

Thanks for jumping in to test, but for now only one person needs to test at a time really, otherwise it’ll get messy here real quick
If you want to have that Hide Item setting, grab BIOS from post #4, bugged submenus are >> RC ACPI Settings, Connectivity Configuration, HD Audio Configuration
Just don’t enter those and you’ll be OK. If you want a BIOS with that switch only, and those three submenus to remain hidden while making the rest visible, let me know and I can make that real quick (That may be out final outcome here anyway, at least for the first part of this unlock)

That is correct, That bios does let me go into advanced, but i physically cannot see those sub menus, only default ones

Going to test those bios’s now. Thanks again.

You’re welcome! For BIOS 4-5 from #25, there would only be RC ACPI and not the other two.
BIOS above is edited in similar way, so you should still able to enter advanced, but now we see how/when you can’t see the submenu, and if we can make it show or not.
If not, then as I mentioned in post #28, probably best thing to do is forget about those, hide them, and carry on with rest of the unlock using BIOS I sent you at #4

Yes, that would be really great but if you think that is where it will end up anyway I can wait until you determine that so as not to impose any extra trouble for you. Thank you.

Alright I’m back from my testing and the results are:

1st bios: Completely bricks the bios, spamming f2 or del got me nowhere other than a black screen, was able to recover using usb flashback
2nd bios: Crashes as soon as the advanced tab is highlighted, same problem on bios #3.

@seranidy - Are you sure you are testing correct BIOS package here?
#2 is built on top of #1, so if #1 = brick, then 2-3 would - brick too?
Maybe your test of #1 was just bad flash fluke? Please test it again to confirm

I can confirm that bios one completely bricks the bios. Just tested again.

Very weird! I used BIOS #1 as base to then make BIOS 2/3
Ohh well, looks like that is out too! back to square one post #4. We’ll have to use that, move forward and just hide those 3 menus.
Do you need anything inside them changed specifically, or did you only notice/mention/find these bugged submenus by just looking inside each?

The only problems i have found are those, that is it, and Thank you very much for your help once again!

OK, then we’ll have to hide them, or you’ll have to ignore them?
I will make BIOS now and try to hide them and leave the rest visible (not sure I can do, but will try, I think I can )
Then, you’ll have to go through the BIOS page by page vs the setup IFR I gave you, and tell me if any other settings you need that you see in the IFR, but are still missing from the BIOS
Give me a minute and I will have redux on BIOS from post #4 for you to test

You’re welcome!

Also, one last thing, I looked through the original IFR file you sent me

One Of: DDR PowerDown and idle counter, VarStoreInfo (VarOffset/VarName): 0x183, VarStore: 0x16, QuestionId: 0x32D, Size: 1, Min: 0x0, Max 0x1, Step: 0x0 {05 91 02 05 03 05 2D 03 16 00 83 01 10 10 00 01 00}
0x3F8F4 One Of Option: PCODE, Value (8 bit): 0x0 {09 07 07 05 00 00 00}
0x3F8FB One Of Option: BIOS, Value (8 bit): 0x1 (default) {09 07 06 05 30 00 01}

What would this be?

DDR PowerDown and idle counter >> Help Text >>
Ahh! I can’t dump thew strings, I only can via this via unicode, this is in area of the BIOS I can’t make visible to you anyway (memory training and thermal control area, for laptops generally, the main section is “Ultrabook events”)
We can change it, but that may not be good, I’d only suggest test of that if you have a flash programmer, in case it causes a brick.

* Wait! You’ll be able to see this, once we are done, it’s in Advanced >> System Agent (SA) submenu

Perfect thank you so much, I’m hoping this is what I think it is