Request for RAID OROM for Asus P6X58D Premium

Submitted a request to ASUS, but I guess its drive bender or some other solution for the time being as I am not willing to lose 75+% of my actual disk space. Thanks again for the help though guys!

ASUS won’t help you here unfortunately. Fernando is correct it has been done, but only for the P6X58D-E. This model is a subtle revision and has more space available for OP ROMS, it has different hardware. They officially released the BIOS with v10.5 on it, available here. That BIOS will not work on the P6X58D-Premium If memory serves me correct another member here with an ASROCK X58 asked for support, and was provided a rebuilt bios with enough space for >100k OP ROMS. ASROCK subsequently officially released it for the board.

In a nutshell - Windows 10 - 64 Bit confirmed working with two RAID 0 Strip Samsung SSD’s and Trim Command.

I did not make this file and cant even remember where I got it but good NEWS for Asus P6X58D Premium owners. I downloaded about 15 different ROM’s trying each to find one that would work and actually boot. My criteria was to get my motherboard off version 8.0 RAID Rom and give me Trim because Windows 10 has issue’s with version 8 ROM ICR10R and RAID, causing memory leaks (Plex), some games to suddenly without error crash (Guild Wars 2). I Found only one glitch, (is minor) spanned drives fail to be detected by CTRL + I within the Raid Bios, however Windows does see them and via disk management console snap-in is able to mount them.

Here is the magical file, who I cant give credit to but want to have his/her baby :slight_smile:
(edit: On trying to look for who I got file from - I believe the file may have been made or found by lowjax on this forum)

File HERE - http://1drv.ms/1SOkms5
Moves the RAID Hardware to 10.1 from Version 8.0; and
Marvel Controller Hardware to 1038 from Version 1033.

Using software RAID driver that comes with Windows 10 version 13.2.0.1022 below is the results, massive improvement over hardware version 8 of the RAID Bios. I will try other RAID software drivers latter after I finish the 200gb of downloads / updates needed for new OS and Games. Screen capture was 14/01/2016 not date shown in photo.

And for future reference to would be testers of RAID Roms for this motherboard. When caught by flashing cursor after the RAID Bios (99% of the time is the normal result) directly after the RAID Rom. Find the test memory button near the RAM push and you will be able to access ASUS Rom and EZ Flash to install another one or revert back. The other 1% was next ROM version after which gave characters all over screen that remind me of the very old commodore 64 lockup.

My X58 lives on ASUS and Intel with SSD’s and TRIM deal with it :slight_smile:

Could do with some advice on best suited (fastest) Intel RAID software driver for this. Thinking 11.2.0.1006 ?

Also lowjax if still around or anyone else; what would we need to do to clear enough memory space for larger Intel RAID Bios. Just wondering as ASUS Gate is waste of space and could even loose the shitty logo or even marvel controller. If any of this would help or would this be heading down a no win path ?

(BTW fully able to test and willing if someone has idea how to get latter Intel BIOS working)